Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   My Baby is home! 2SS/RS Black w/IOM (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41212)

Michael_Js 09-07-2009 01:46 AM

My Baby is home! 2SS/RS Black w/IOM

7 Attachment(s)
Ok, she's home! What a whirlwind trip too! We flew to Sunnyvale Chevrolet on Saturday (Sunnyvale, CA), picked up the car, drove 90 miles further north to visit family.

Loving this baby! Handles great! The sound is quiet, but it's there! We visited family, then drove home this morning - total of 820 miles already on her!

We took the CA coast down to San Diego most of the way. I played here and there with speed, shifting, and everything inside :) Yes, broke 100 mph and got her to around 4800 RPM.

Inside the car are the uninstalled painted GFX, so it was a little tight in there :D

I think she handled great, sounds wonderful, and just LOVE the looks if it! I can't look at her enough! I love the curves of the hood and the bulge in the center. I love the curves of the body and the wide fenders!

2 minor mishaps on the way home, but no real damage. We hit a pothole on one of the smaller roads that neither of us saw and it sounded like it cracked the right front wheel. I pulled over and check, and thank God all was fine. Then, on the highway, when it was dark, we hit some thing on the road and it went under the right front wheel and made a small scratch in the lower passenger door paint :facepalm: Oh well... a stripe just might go over that spot. :chevy:

I love the ABL in the doors, except it doesn't run the full length of the door, and is not bright enough when the dash is kept low. Played with the radio, OnStar navigation, and plugged in my girlfriend's IPOD and it worked great the first shot!!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images/editor/smilie.gif
She really could use Memory settings for the drivers seat and a fully electric passenger seat. We averaged about 23.3 mpg on the highway and averaged 65.3 mph ;) 2 1/2 tanks of gas...all 91 octane.

I'm loving this baby!!

Tomorrow she gets a FULL Zaino detail, then her oil changed. On Tuesday I bring her to a local dealer for the GFX installation.

Wednesday she goes to Zoomers for the CAT back exhaust install.

Friday is the ADM CAI install, then probably the Viper alarm install.

More to come...

EDIT:

We spotted NO less than 8 '10 Camaro's on the way home yesterday! Most were going North, and many on the Pacific Coast Highway. I got some waves, smiles, and one sour face. Maybe he was having a bad day :iono:

Anyway, I have hood spears and door stripes in orange from RiderGrapfix that will hopefully go on this week.

Thanks all! More pics to come...

Ammo7 09-07-2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Js (Post 892818)
Ok, she's home! What a whirlwind trip too! We flew to Sunnyvale Chevrolet on Saturday (Sunnyvale, CA), picked up the car, drove 90 miles further north to visit family.

Loving this baby! Handles great! The sound is quiet, but it's there! We visited family, then drove home this morning - total of 820 miles already on her!

We took the CA coast down to San Diego most of the way. I played here and there with speed, shifting, and everything inside :) Yes, broke 100 mph and got her to around 4800 RPM.

Inside the car are the uninstalled painted GFX, so it was a little tight in there :D

I think she handled great, sounds wonderful, and just LOVE the looks if it! I can't look at her enough! I love the curves of the hood and the bulge in the center. I love the curves of the body and the wide fenders!

2 minor mishaps on the way home, but no real damage. We hit a pothole on one of the smaller roads that neither of us saw and it sounded like it cracked the right front wheel. I pulled over and check, and thank God all was fine. Then, on the highway, when it was dark, we hit some thing on the road and it went under the right front wheel and made a small scratch in the lower passenger door paint :facepalm: Oh well... a stripe just might go over that spot. :chevy:

I love the ABL in the doors, except it doesn't run the full length of the door, and is not bright enough when the dash is kept low. Played with the radio, OnStar navigation, and plugged in my girlfriend's IPOD and it worked great the first shot!!
She really could use Memory settings for the drivers seat and a fully electric passenger seat. We averaged about 23.3 mpg on the highway and averaged 65.3 mph ;) 2 1/2 tanks of gas...all 91 octane.

I'm loving this baby!!

Tomorrow she gets a FULL Zaino detail, then her oil changed. On Tuesday I bring her to a local dealer for the GFX installation.

More to come...

Awesome congrats :thumbup:

tribone 09-07-2009 01:58 AM

Very Very Very nice!! :coolpics:
I love the pic with the sunset in the rearview mirror.
I can't wait to see your car. :headbang::headbang:

25thanniversary 09-07-2009 02:00 AM

:thumbup::coolpics::coolpics:

congrats

TAG UR IT 09-07-2009 02:05 AM

Gosh....just gorgeous....

...now go toss some IOM stripes on that bad boy!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

EDIT: There IS a fix for your door ABL AND for adding dash ORANGE ABL! Check out the threads in the Do It Yourself thread. VERY well documented procedure. When I get my ABL in from GM, I'm going to be tearing apart mine to get it completed.....the RIGHT way.;)

Michael_Js 09-08-2009 08:29 PM

Ground Effects Added - 09/08/09

7 Attachment(s)
A local dealer did a great job adding the painted Ground Effects Package today! I took home the 3 spare parts.

Tacoma 4x4 is my Sweetheart's ride :)

Tomorrow is the CAT back Zoomers Exhaust :)

JaxJags 09-08-2009 09:20 PM

Looks great! Congrats!

Michael_Js 09-09-2009 06:49 PM

Zoomers CAT back Exhaust - 09/09/09

6 Attachment(s)
Ok, shot up to Irvine today to get my Zoomers CAT back exhaust installed. I got their quite early, and Frank (?) and Ron accommodated me and started on the exhaust, while the car cooled. They did a great job!

They have many Camaro stock exhausts sitting around their place.

They did a professional job and it looks great, and sounds even better! The growl is wonderful! I don't know about any performance improvements, but the added sound made the car feel so much better! I really like this exhaust and highly recommend it and these guys!

They blacked out the tips, and tucked them back so they kind of disappear into the ground effects.

There are additional pops and now gurgles when letting off the gas, more than the stock exhaust. They said it has no affect on the engine, and I kind of like the sounds. I'm not sure if it's a drone, but there is a loud cabin sound when you're slightly accelerating around 80 mph; it's not bad, but is noticeable. Other than that, it's got a great tone!

Drop Ron a line!

I'm not sure how to put comments in between pictures:
1) There are many more stock Camaro exhausts around.
2) Back shot before
3) Underneath shot, before
4) Blackened tips
5) Back shot after
6) Underneath shot after
7) Another under shot.

Michael_Js 09-09-2009 06:52 PM

Another toy?

3 Attachment(s)
While I was waiting, the shop next door pulled this up on a car trailer:

Attachment 53228

Very cool!

Attachment 53230

Attachment 53231

Ok, I think I figured out how to place the text in-between :)

Michael_Js 09-09-2009 07:55 PM

Blacked out Bow-ties - 09/09/09

4 Attachment(s)
Ok, blacked out the rear bowtie:

before:
Attachment 53264

After:

Attachment 53265

Front bowtie:

before:

Attachment 53266

After:

Attachment 53267

Friday, someone is installing the RiderGraphix front orange hood spears. I don't trust myself :)

Also, the alarm system is getting installed :)

ibznu2010 09-09-2009 08:41 PM

Sweet ride my friend. Have same color. Blk out tail lights & fog lights. CAI from hennesey. L-99 put down 10 feet of black rubber tonight getting it on with 4000 miles.:happyanim::happyanim:

Michael_Js 09-09-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibznu2010 (Post 903454)
Sweet ride my friend. Have same color. Blk out tail lights & fog lights. CAI from hennesey. L-99 put down 10 feet of black rubber tonight getting it on with 4000 miles.:happyanim::happyanim:

Yes, blacking out the tail & fog lights is on my list. I have the ADM CAI to install this weekend :)

Thanks!

dreammy 09-09-2009 09:29 PM

Worth the wait eH????

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Js (Post 892818)

I'm loving this baby!!

More to come...

EDIT:

We spotted NO less than 8 '10 Camaro's on the way home yesterday! Most were going North, and many on the Pacific Coast Highway. I got some waves, smiles, and one sour face. Maybe he was having a bad day :iono:

Anyway, I have hood spears and door stripes in orange from RiderGrapfix that will hopefully go on this week.

Thanks all! More pics to come...

Awesome pics...so happy for you ..you are going to continue to be amazed.....:happyanim:

Doc 09-10-2009 07:45 PM

One of those factory exhausts sitting around is mine hehe. I got Zoomer's done on mine last week. Ron does good work and the improvement in sound is amazing. I also noticed more pops and gurgles but it sounds kinda cool; definitely says "power lives here". After driving it a week the exhaust tone has smoothed out a bit and sounds just great. Sounds like an expensive, high performance engine.

I noticed the car seemed to have a bit more torque and pickup right away when I pulled out of the lot. Getting it up in the revs like going from 3rd to 4th when jumping on the freeway it sounds wonderful. There was more resonance the first day when I got it and I noticed it on the freeway going home. Between 1800 rpm and 2200 rpm when I was in 6th gear and pushing on the gas to accelerate it was the loudest. That's not as bad now. After a week it seems to be "wearing in" I guess and the drone isn't as pronounced. Going along at 70 on the freeway in 6th it just purrs. Around town people are constantly looking around to see what sounds so great; as if the car doesn't get attention enough as it is hehehe. It's not loud; it just sounds fantastic.

For those who haven't heard it, the Zoomers sound like a Borla; has that growl effect, but with a bit more treble... the tone isn't quite as "soft". When you rev it the Zoomer sounds like an expensive race car; not harsh or ratty.