Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Supercharged 12ss not Any faster then stock (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556625)

V8only 06-17-2019 07:13 PM

Supercharged 12ss not Any faster then stock

Before I get all the jokes about being slow, just hoping I can get some solid advice.

I'm running a Kraftwerks centrifugal Supercharger on my otherwise completely stock 12ss M6 Camaro.

Tuned by a very reputable local shop. Put down 460 to the wheels on a mustang Dyno at 4.5 psi. Supposedly it'll do 530 on a dynojet but that's besides the point.

I've talked with others with my exact same combo and 11.8s in the 1/4 can be expected with optimal circumstances.

I live in California where it's hot and the gas is crap.

Last bit of info. Since I've had the car and BEFORE the blower Install, it surges and bucks when cold. Still does it. Second it warms up though that goes away. No codes. Tuner didn't see any missing under boost.

I've put 1-2k miles on it over the last 6 months and have had the chance to run a number of cars.

I'm having trouble chasing down 13 second cars. Nevermind the launch because it's a stick, but even after launch it just doesn't gain. Today I ran a 15-20 year old Mercedes e550. A 13.10 car and I ran dead even, or honestly he got me by a car, but wasn't really pulling on me.

This is my first blower car so I'm new

-Crap California gas?
-stock temps to high and causing computer to pull timing?

I'm thinking my computer just me doing something to pull timing or power out of it, but I'm at a loss here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eLeSthree 06-17-2019 09:52 PM

Their website says with the 85mm pulley it makes 600hp at 7psi. Im guessing thats a crank rating, so at 4psi, you’re right where you should be. But yea, thats cam/bolt on power territory. Turn it up and get headers if u can.

John_C 06-17-2019 10:20 PM

You need more boost and/or mods to go faster.

You also definitely need a re-tune if your having all those issues.

You can't expect huge gains from a completely stock car on 4.5lbs boost.

Vegas Bound 06-18-2019 10:07 AM

Call Leading Edge Performance in Las Vegas and make a road trip to get your car tuned right.

sscamaro 06-18-2019 11:46 AM

Centrifugal Superchargers don't have the torx for a fast start like a roots S/C does.

V8only 06-19-2019 03:28 PM

thanks all. I'm going to have the tuner look at it. I realize it's just a baby blower, but christ, I can't seem to pass anything that I think that I should be able to. I suppose running my brothers bone stock 14 ss would show me if I'm ahead of the game or if something is truly wrong.

There is no damned torque that's for sure, and by the time it starts making power, I have to shift. Perhaps what I need is to sell this off for a roots supercharger, but coming up with the extra cash won't be fun.

I got a KILLER deal on this unit, so i'm not really too upset, but christ it just isn't enough

stevieturbo 06-19-2019 05:25 PM

Sadly the Rotrex is a very poor choice for such a large engine. They're just too damn small.

Pulleying for more boost may be an option, as would ensuring all tuning aspects are good. But ultimately that kit is just poor.

UNRIVALED SS 06-20-2019 01:19 AM

Spin the blower as fast as you can (smallest pulley)

Get s new tuner. If it’s bucking one of the tables has something quirky going on in one of the temperature ranges.

JANNETTYRACING 06-20-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8only (Post 10549058)
thanks all. I'm going to have the tuner look at it. I realize it's just a baby blower, but christ, I can't seem to pass anything that I think that I should be able to. I suppose running my brothers bone stock 14 ss would show me if I'm ahead of the game or if something is truly wrong.

There is no damned torque that's for sure, and by the time it starts making power, I have to shift. Perhaps what I need is to sell this off for a roots supercharger, but coming up with the extra cash won't be fun.

I got a KILLER deal on this unit, so i'm not really too upset, but christ it just isn't enough

I can help you https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...ght=kraftwerks

760bowtie 06-20-2019 01:16 PM

E85 and smallest pulley is what you need. I had that kit with 75mm and made 630 whp with LT headers, NA cam and e85 on a LS3. You can even get a 70mm pulley

JANNETTYRACING 06-20-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 760bowtie (Post 10550014)
E85 and smallest pulley is what you need. I had that kit with 75mm and made 630 whp with LT headers, NA cam and e85 on a LS3. You can even get a 70mm pulley

The 70 mm puts the supercharger way past the safe operating range.

Ted.

V8only 06-20-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING (Post 10549684)

I'm local to them, and had it installed by them. It has been super reliable, however I have NO experience to go off of. I dyno'd 460 on a mustang dyno, so that's a bit conservative, but I just don't seem to make good power. I don't pull on cars that I should have no issues pulling on. Because of my lack of experience, I have no clue if my computer is pulling timing or something, or if this kit is just that slow. My brother has a 14 SS bone stock, and I'm going to try and run him Friday night, just so I can see how I do on a comparative car without the blower. I'm at a loss and pretty frustrated, but getting beat out the other day by a 99 e550 was the last straw. I don't know if he was modded, but I doubt other then the exhaust he had. Those are only 13.10 cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 760bowtie (Post 10550014)

I'm going to look into the pulley for sure, but I still have the stock fuel pump. Part of the problem I suspect is the HORRIBLE california gas. I've been thinking of running e85 and the 70mm pulley, but not sure what to do about a fuel pump...I would like to run the zl1 pump because it's cheap, but not sure if it can handle e85 and a 70mm pulley and eventually long tubes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNRIVALED SS (Post 10549520)
Spin the blower as fast as you can (smallest pulley)

Get s new tuner. If it’s bucking one of the tables has something quirky going on in one of the temperature ranges.

this is what is a big red flag for me, but it's been bucking since I bought the car 3 years ago bone stock. It only does it when cold.. Second it warms up it's not noticeable. The tuner is very reputable, and tuned it as he saw no missing under boost. So far I have been unable to diagnose why it's doing th is, and am really wondering if it's effecting it when warm, and the computer is pulling timing or something. I have a handheld diablosport and can pull live data from it, but have no clue how to read that.

760bowtie 06-20-2019 02:58 PM

I had the zl1 pump and ADM FPCM on mine when I hit those numbers.

V8only 06-21-2019 11:49 PM

Ok all I got to run against my brothers 2014 SS Which is BONE STOCK. He even had a passenger. We went from a roll in first to avoid driver error launching.

We were neck and neck. He was pulling on me a little. This is bad news because I'm Supercharged and I'm SLOWER then a factory stock car.

So IDK what the hell is going on but I'm running slower then hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk