Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photoshops / Renderings Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   2 Tone (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19839)

FunkyELF 04-24-2009 02:57 PM

2 Tone

2 Attachment(s)
This is what my camaro will look like. It will be pure orange for about a week before it undergoes this transformation. What you don't see on here is that I may also have my side view mirrors 2 toned. If you have seen a Camaro in person you'd notice that the mirrors are like 2 pieces and there is an outer band on them. I may leave that band in the orange color.

Top and stripe will be painted on. I'll probably have decals made for the grooves so I can take them off if I don't care for them. Not sure whether I wanna have the gas cap black or not.

I attached the files I used to create this so anyone can create their own color combination. I used the GIMP so if you have it you can just open up colors.xcf. Each color is a layer and there are masks for the stripe, top, grooves, and door handle. So you just play with the ordering of the layers and add masks to the appropriate layers.

To create the masks I used InkScape so the masks.svg file is there too.

And if you don't use InkScape or GIMP and wanna use PS, then the individual mask png files are in there too along with pngs of the different colors that all line up nicely.

~Eric

FunkyELF 05-11-2009 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New picture... moved the black down in the front. Also thicker stripe. More like the Dale car.

Camaro_Corvette 05-11-2009 09:41 PM

Thats gonna look awesome! Hope it comes out alright:headbang:

ZYAL8R 05-11-2009 11:14 PM

The 2nd pic is the better one. Looks great. Will look awesome in person.:thumbup:

boatingbent 05-11-2009 11:19 PM

Now just for the hell of it do one with the orange ontop and black on the Bottom

FunkyELF 05-15-2009 12:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by boatingbent (Post 478915)
Now just for the hell of it do one with the orange ontop and black on the Bottom

Hey, sorry it took so long. I just decided to check this thread. Maybe I should subscribe to threads that I start...

Anyway... here is the pic.

I can't get the grooves to look right. The dealer that I ordered mine from actually had someone put decals in those grooves and it looked great. I just can't do it on the computer that well.

Anyway. I am also thinking about de-badging the sides. The GM square on the bottom is gone for sure no matter what. The C A M A R O on the side is still up in the air. While I'm getting my custom paint job, I might just have them black out the chevy bowties on the front and back as well.

In my more updated picture (signature) I have changed the stripe from being either pure silver or white to being a blend of the orange and silver. I think it looks good as a highlight rather than a 3rd color.

Does anyone know what the deal is with GM Paint? Would my body shop order paint from GM or do they get the "recipe" for it or what? I want to mix 50% / 50% IOM and White for my stripe highlight.

GMtothecore 05-15-2009 12:32 AM

That's a tough one...they both look awesome

my2010camaross 05-15-2009 12:44 AM

that black on top looks better to me. i was considering doing something like this however, im going to still with the all black look. i think. I just dont want mine to look like every other black camaro that ll eventually be on the road.

FunkyELF 05-15-2009 06:49 AM

Its kinda funny that I'm paying $375 or whatever it is for a premium color and I'm gonna paint half of it the week I get it.

rico-2SS 05-15-2009 07:01 AM

that is sink and I would love to have the paint scheme
but I think you have to have blk wheels to make it look right.
Could you photo shop my car with the black top with my polished wheels. Check out my garage for photos.

Much appreciated

ChevyJunKie 05-15-2009 10:28 AM

WoW you sir have a great taste for two tones:)

FunkyELF 05-15-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico-2SS (Post 489205)
Could you photo shop my car with the black top with my polished wheels. Check out my garage for photos.

Much appreciated

Sorry. I'm not good at image editing. The only reason I was able to do what I did was because all of the photos on chevy with the different colors lined up exactly on top of each other. From that I was able to create masks and pick and choose what color I wanted for what.

Taking a single photo and changing colors is beyond my ability.

racert33 05-15-2009 08:41 PM

so you can do that pretty easy?

if so, could you do one with white bottom and silver ice on top? i have no idea if it will look any good, but may consider doing something like that.

but don't waste too much time on it if it will be a hassle or anything

69 Camaro 09 05-16-2009 04:25 PM

can you do a Cyber grey on top with the silver on the bottom? pretty pleas :)