Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Allocation - A word from Camaro Scotty (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5022)

CamaroScotty 07-11-2008 10:30 AM

Allocation - A word from Camaro Scotty

It is true every dealer will have an allocation of New Camaro's. No one knows how many they will receive right now.

While I'd LIKE to give everyone here a New Camaro at THE BEST PRICE POSSIBLE, We'll only have so many cars we can deliver. I am not one of the "other guys" that will take a deposit, knowing we will not be able to deliver. I am confident we have room now, and when I can't take any more, I will be honest and say so.

To sit on 100 deposits and find out you will only get 30 or 40 cars is misleading and dissapointing to the other 60 people waiting. Many Dodge dealers did just this on the Challenger - and those people left in the cold are now looking at the Camaro.

We will be as accomodating as our allocation allows. We promise to be fair, fun, and competitive with pricing! We will dealer trade when possible. but we will not knowingly mislead and be deceptive in order to get a deposit. I'm sure we'll run out of allocation. Many will the first few months. But it is nice to see many people have a different timeline for buying their new Camaro. We will work with you when the time is right for you! The sooner you let me know, the better chance I have at getting a car for you.

We don't brag to be the biggest, just one of the best. Someone once said, "It's not the quantity, it's the QUALITY"

Business is something to be EARNED, not expected. We hope to earn you as a customer, and treat you with respect!

If you have ANY questions - I usually am on YAHOO IM - CAMAROSCOTTY

:thumbsup:

fbodfather 07-11-2008 11:01 AM

Thank you, Scotty! We're proud of our association with Newman Chevy!

lafountain 07-11-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 87766)

All the information Scotty was giving already was making the place intriguing, but this is the best endorsement yet.

RickyTheStorm 07-11-2008 12:10 PM

Thank you for being honest Scotty - many dealerships aren't. I do understand the allocation of cars - but what about ordering? Is it possible for anyone to order the car how they want without worrying about the numbers allocated to each dealer since they are ordering from the factory? I plan on ordering mine so I get everything exactly how I want rather than having a pick on the lot and getting/losing items not needed or wanted.

Ming 07-11-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

about as good a recomendation as you can get!

The_Blur 07-11-2008 12:22 PM

I will seriously consider going to your dealership just to get my Camaro, even if it is a long way from Kansas—Camaro road trip!

CamaroScotty 07-11-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyTheStorm (Post 87804)
Thank you for being honest Scotty - many dealerships aren't. I do understand the allocation of cars - but what about ordering? Is it possible for anyone to order the car how they want without worrying about the numbers allocated to each dealer since they are ordering from the factory? I plan on ordering mine so I get everything exactly how I want rather than having a pick on the lot and getting/losing items not needed or wanted.

If we order for a customer or for the lot, it comes out of our allocation that they will set. Like I said, the sooner you know the better. I will be able to build out a car to your specs and send you a copy of the build. Once approved, a deposit is placed (unless you want a guaranteed spot in our first round of order allocation, then I'd make a deposit now) and your car is ordered. It should arrive 4-7 weeks later. Given my love for the car, and these two forums I watch, one would guess it would be a while before we have cars sitting on the lot available for immediate sale. That doesn't bother me at all - that time will come soon enough.

If at the time of purchase there are lot cars out there in the config you're looking for, we can try trading for them. That's a hard trade since most dealers want a car back like the one they're trading for.....UNLESS we have something THEY want - that causes flexibilty, and they may give it up so both dealers have a win-win deal.

Mblock66 07-11-2008 01:30 PM

How would delivery to a local dealer work?

Meaning if I decided to go with you to order a car and I live in NJ, how would you get it to me or would you require me to fly and pick it up or make my own shipping?

CamaroScotty 07-11-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Proud doesn't even come close to describing how cool it is, when someone on the salesfloor can communicate with someone involved in a cars design. Or when that person communicates like Scott has with the many people reading the Camaro forums.

I'm just glad to be a part of the same team! :chevy:

CamaroScotty 07-11-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mblock66 (Post 87877)
How would delivery to a local dealer work?

Meaning if I decided to go with you to order a car and I live in NJ, how would you get it to me or would you require me to fly and pick it up or make my own shipping?

That, or we can see if we can arrange a drop ship at your local dealer. That dealer would then charge you for the Predelivery inspection. But that should be cheaper than shipping the car to you.

If you want to fly in and drive back, we'll pick you up at the airport & bring you to the dealership for the final paperwork - NOT A PROBLEM! :thumbup:

GothamCamaro 07-11-2008 03:20 PM

CamaroScotty - I also appreciate your honesty and you easily jumped on my list for a dealer to check out. You've been straight with us and trying to help us Camaro fans, that is a big deal.

Thank you and if I don't make your first allocation, I'm ok with the 2nd wave to get a fair deal from a good-hearted dealership. :thumbsup:

stovt001 07-11-2008 09:00 PM

I want to move to the Midwest now. People are cooler out there.

TAG UR IT 07-12-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ming (Post 87813)
about as good a recomendation as you can get!

:word:

I'm really liking the new guy now!

This, right here folks, is how a dealer should work. :clap:

GothamCamaro 07-12-2008 11:46 AM

Well, just scratched a NW Suburban town that was #1 on my list before Camaro Scotty showed up.

They emailed me back last night when I asked if I was still on their "list" as promised and if they were going to sell at MSRP or close to it.

"When the Camaro finally arrives it will been very limited. We have a first several already assigned to close dealership friends and employees."

This after corresponding with the guy back in November and reminding him how my dad purchased all his Chevy's from him. Guess that means nothing to this dealership. Hoskins Chevy in Elk Grove, IL for those that are interested. :thumbdown: