Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Anyone have SCT X3? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56779)

wildcatjake 12-16-2009 12:32 PM

Anyone have SCT X3?

Hey everyone. I know that SCT has supported the Camaro since about August, but I havent heard of anyone using the SCT X3 handheld programmer. I have one for my 07 Silverado and have been very pleased with it for about 40k miles now. I like the idea of being able to switch between 3 CUSTOM tunes and also being able to reset to stock if I need to.

Anyone have any experience with this unit?

axis 12-16-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcatjake (Post 1290685)
Hey everyone. I know that SCT has supported the Camaro since about August, but I havent heard of anyone using the SCT X3 handheld programmer. I have one for my 07 Silverado and have been very pleased with it for about 40k miles now. I like the idea of being able to switch between 3 CUSTOM tunes and also being able to reset to stock if I need to.

Many of the handhelds, if not most of them, have the ability to store several tunes and keep the OEM tune in memory so you can go back to stock settings.

Meister@Torq 12-17-2009 03:12 PM

This is our primary tuning device for the Camaro and it works great. We chose this device because SCT's software does everything HP tuners can and it also restores all the checksum (cvn) information when returning back to stock it it can not be traced

Deeboe 02-20-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcatjake (Post 1290685)

yeah i went with sct, and their concept seems cool to me, from what im understanding they tune with specific bolt-ons per your car. so its custom rather than canned. waiting for my tune right now from paul. The package the X3 comes with everthing you need usb cable, software, etc. My only prob (small) was on installation of the software, we run MAC in our house, and I had to find a CPU with IE 7 or higher for it. I havent added LTs yet but will next week. All bolt-on upgrades can be retuned for no charge at SCT and they will re-tune, Im just ready to let The TM go on my L99. once i get the tune i will let you all know, but knowing me i will sent it back to get dialed in just right, but right now im feeling them:D

1bacamaro 02-20-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meister@Torq (Post 1295704)
This is our primary tuning device for the Camaro and it works great. We chose this device because SCT's software does everything HP tuners can and it also restores all the checksum (cvn) information when returning back to stock it it can not be traced

I have the sct from Torq with their tunes and very happy with it.

Deeboe 02-21-2010 12:39 PM

bout to upload mines now, Paul was very helpful in the process.......

sixty9fordkiller 03-16-2010 08:49 PM

just got my SCT Tuner Today from Jannetty Racing. All i have on the car so far is MBRP Cat-Back and AIRAID CAI. Ted is gonna do my tune