Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2018 Camaro Fest (VIII) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=310)
-   -   Camaro Fest VIII - OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516081)

Mr. Wyndham 12-13-2017 09:44 PM

Camaro Fest VIII - OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

1 Attachment(s)
2022 UPDATE: See Camaro Fest Section HERE

Attachment 911305

We've kept you waiting long enough!!! At long last, we're able to announce that this year’s event, CamaroFest 8, will be hosted at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, KY. Yes, we're going back! Last year's event was the biggest we'd ever had...and the city, track, hotels, and everyone else involved are the most energetic, welcoming people we've ever dealt with for one of these events. That all said - we've got several big improvements we're working on this year...and some other tricks up our sleeves! ;)

The dates are Thursday, July 12 at NCM Motorsports Park for the Road Course, then on Friday, July 13 - Saturday, July 14 we'll be at Beech Bend Raceway for the main event! Camaros of all generations are encouraged to join the festivities. Firebirds and Corvettes are also welcome to attend!!

SAVE THE DATE!

We've been doing this since 2010...and Camaro fans will journey to the CamaroFest from all across the United States and Canada to celebrate their shared enthusiasm for the nameplate. You can expect to be able to participate in this special blend of motorsports and show activities to participate in or spectate:

-- Drag Racers will utilize Beech Bend’s ¼-mile length drag strip for bracket racing, heads up racing and informal passes; and awards to the fastest cars in competition.

-- A unique “CamaroCross” competition features an adapted autocross course suited to the high-power, rear-wheel drive Camaros; with awards given to not only the fastest drivers, but also some other "special" people.

-- A multi-generational Camaro Car Show pits 200 of the cleanest, and best designed enthusiast-owned cars in a competition of style; with awards in several different categories.

-- The National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park, one of the newest and most technical road courses in the Nation will be used for enthusiasts eager to test their skills at a HPDE, operated by Hooked On Driving.

-- Socialize with fellow Camaro owners from across the country, both familiar and new during the Meet'n Greet at the Host Hotel, and for the first time ever, the now formalized "Parking Lot Party". (Wait till you get a look at this! ;))

-- Meet and Interact with members of the Camaro Team, from Chevrolet, and an up-close look at different vehicle displays.

-- Visit with event sponsors for consultations, sales, displays, and select on-site installations.
We have seen attendance numbers peak higher than 1000 cars, and even more people. It's an incredible sight to see...that many Camaros literally "take over" the town that we're in. You can't go to a gas station, restaurant, or convenient store, without running into another Camaro out on the road. :sm0:

And just a reminder to all those "lurkers" out there - YOU can come, too! This event is not strictly limited to Camaro5 & Camaro6 forum goers!

SEE POST BELOW FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

mlee 12-14-2017 12:28 PM

It's On!!!!

deButler 12-14-2017 12:31 PM

AWESOME!!! Can't WAIT for CF8. Now the hard part starts!!!

Tic Toc... Tic Toc

PoorMansCamaro 12-14-2017 12:32 PM

so we have to go back in time?

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 12-14-2017 12:34 PM

I can't Wait!....:thumbup:

:becky:
Becky

PQ 12-14-2017 12:35 PM

Booked.......... King Exec. corner suite all nights.

Fest 7 hurt BAD for me. I'm ready to run the ole junker and party. :bonk:

Splat 12-14-2017 12:38 PM

I will not miss this 1.

HaulnSS 12-14-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 10009785)
so we have to go back in time?

I wondered the same!

Kaizer_911 12-14-2017 12:40 PM

Can’t wait! I will be there again!

But Mike and Joe, it says 2017 in the graphic. Doh!

BAD DAB 12-14-2017 12:46 PM

Is the Host Hotel still the Holiday Inn? Are the discounted hotel rates in effect?

PoorMansCamaro 12-14-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jus1dab (Post 10009805)
Is the Host Hotel still the Holiday Inn?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514996

PQ 12-14-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Is the Host Hotel still the Holiday Inn? Are the discounted hotel rates in effect?

Yes it is. That's where I booked. She did ask if I was part of the group. I am not sure if the rates are. Mine was only 149.00 per night but there were some cheaper.

mlee 12-14-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Yes, and the hotel link is open.

You can go on line and use CF5 code

BAD DAB 12-14-2017 01:05 PM

Booked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!