Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Official 1/8 Mile (V8) 2010+ Camaro Fast List (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34330)

Merc 07-26-2009 08:47 PM

5 Attachment(s)
There are plenty of threads about 1/4 mile track times, but this thread is specific to 1/8 mile track times. The Official 1/8 Mile 2010-15 Camaro Fast List list is divided into three classes:
  1. Bone-Stock Includes completely stock car with zero performance changes. Cars must have stock exhaust, stock air intake, stock un-tuned computer (ECU/PCM), etc.
  2. Bolt-Ons *without* Internal Engine Modifications or Power Adders. Includes cars with a modified air intakes, headers, ECU/PCM-tune, aftermarket clutch, non-stock rear gears, skinny front tires, etc.
  3. Internal Engine Modifications and/or Power Adders Same requirements as above but for cars with Heads, Cam shaft, Nitrous, Turbo, Supercharger, etc.

The Rules:
  • Along with your time slip, you must post the details of your 1/8 mile pass... see the example below. (NOTE: early entries may not have this information, as it was not required until recently. If you're an early entry, please edit/update your post to include the detailed information.)

    All time slips to be directly uploaded to Camaro 5 web site and not a third party photo storage service.

    Example:
    Car/Engine: 2SS/RS w/L99
    Top Thirty Class: Bolt-Ons *without* Internal Engine Modifications
    Tires used on the pass: Stock Pirelli ZR20 Summer Tires
    Performance Mods (if any): CAI, LT's, DR's etc
    R/T: .814
    60': .201
    330': 5.4490
    660': 8.2898
    660' MPH: 87.23mph
    Name/Location of the track: Northstar Dragway Sanger, Texas
    Date of pass: 9/25/2009
    Weather conditions: (include Density Altitude, if known and optional)

    [insert the image of your time slip here]

  • Be sure to post your time slips. No slip = No update to the Top Thirty list!
  • Slips must be posted in this forum. Referring to slips in other forums doesn't count.
  • Potential qualifying times require posting of an image of the entire time slip (if you need help, PM me.)
  • Track times will not be corrected for weather or track altitude.
  • Any one can submit his/her times to this thread.
  • Only one time per member will be included in a given class.
  • If two people submit times identical to the thousands of a second, the tie-breaker goes the higher mph.
  • It's a top thirty list, but the entire list can be viewed by opening the link.

    This is an good example of how to post the entire time slip.

    Attachment 754753
(1) Top Thirty 1/8 Mile Fast List - Bone-Stock
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...zZBRzZrOFljdXc

Attachment 887027






(2) Top Thirty 1/8 Mile Fast List - Bolt-Ons *without* Internal Engine Modifications


https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3BVRkxZYjJfR0E

Attachment 922075


(3) Top Thirty 1/8 Mile Fast List - Power Adders

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...HEwTlpTdWVxLXc

Attachment 922076

redjewel 07-26-2009 08:52 PM

How strong does your car feel from a dead stop at Full Throttle? Does it bog down until higher in the RPM range. How are you launching it. Maybe I am expecting too much just putting my foot to the floor.

ToddSS 07-26-2009 09:08 PM

Your 60' foot times look pretty good for a few minor mods.:thumbup:

Number_9 07-26-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redjewel (Post 725460)
How strong does your car feel from a dead stop at Full Throttle? Does it bog down until higher in the RPM range. How are you launching it. Maybe I am expecting too much just putting my foot to the floor.

EXTREMELY strong since the Dyno tune. No bog down at all, running with TC on. Launching is more timing, since it's the L99 and I refuse to brake stand. It's a left foot on the brake/right foot on the gas, release one and jam on the other... smoothly but quickly pressing the pedal to the floor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddSS (Post 725527)
Your 60' foot times look pretty good for a few minor mods.:thumbup:

Me thinks that there is room to improve... :)

GMRULZ 07-27-2009 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number_9 (Post 725717)
EXTREMELY strong since the Dyno tune. No bog down at all, running with TC on. Launching is more timing, since it's the L99 and I refuse to brake stand. It's a left foot on the brake/right foot on the gas, release one and jam on the other... smoothly but quickly pressing the pedal to the floor.



Me thinks that there is room to improve... :)

Glad you started the thread. I would recomend running in competitive mode though. I have had 2 Vette`s w/ TC and they both ran quicker w/ the TC off and in comp mode.

Number_9 07-27-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMRULZ (Post 726328)
Glad you started the thread. I would recomend running in competitive mode though. I have had 2 Vette`s w/ TC and they both ran quicker w/ the TC off and in comp mode.

Right! I ran a few different configurations but find going with TC on and StabiliTrack on (Competitive Mode displays on the dash) are giving me better times than holding down the TC button for 7 seconds to turn it all off. Above, I was commenting on not being bogged down with the TC on.

SGOS252382 07-27-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number_9 (Post 726397)
Right! I ran a few different configurations but find going with TC on and StabiliTrack on (Competitive Mode displays on the dash) are giving me better times than holding down the TC button for 7 seconds to turn it all off. Above, I was commenting on not being bogged down with the TC on.

Your running with the TC on?
That should be costing you a tenth or two. Unless you were having launching issues (wheel hop, excessive wheel spin, etc).

Did you try regular sport mode with TC off? That seems to be the fastest mode for most the L99s.

Also, how was the car tuned. Did they put in a more aggressive tranny tune for Sport Mode vs D?

And
Nice 1/8 mile times. And I like the idea of the thread. I have an 1/8 mile track not too far from my house.

Number_9 07-27-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGOS252382 (Post 726821)
Your running with the TC on?
That should be costing you a tenth or two. Unless you were having launching issues (wheel hop, excessive wheel spin, etc).

Did you try regular sport mode with TC off? That seems to be the fastest mode for most the L99s.

Also, how was the car tuned. Did they put in a more aggressive tranny tune for Sport Mode vs D?

And
Nice 1/8 mile times. And I like the idea of the thread. I have an 1/8 mile track not too far from my house.

At TMS, I run in pure competitive mode... meaning holding the TC button for 7 seconds and turning it all off. But at Kennedale last night, the humidity and all the rubber on the track had me screeching too much at the line, so I found the best combo to be keeping the TC on and the Stabilitrack off. Friday night at TMS, I'll be back to turning it all off. It's been tuned to have an aggressive tranny in 'D' and 'M'... my guy (ADM) suggested 'D' would suffice.. and trying one vs. the other last night, I'd say he was right.

Need more 1/8 mile times/ET slips posted! :)

2SSRS@Gen5diy 07-27-2009 11:09 AM

Nice to see your # hope to see it go down as soon as you get the CAI

my2010camaross 07-27-2009 11:11 AM

i live in k*town.

SGOS252382 07-27-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number_9 (Post 727029)
At TMS, I run in pure competitive mode... meaning holding the TC button for 7 seconds and turning it all off. But at Kennedale last night, the humidity and all the rubber on the track had me screeching too much at the line, so I found the best combo to be keeping the TC on and the Stabilitrack off. Friday night at TMS, I'll be back to turning it all off.

Need more 1/8 mile times/ET slips posted! :)

Oh I see.

Yeah, if there are launching issues (traction, wheel hop, etc), the TC can be helpful to get off the line clean.

Number_9 07-27-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS (Post 727047)
Nice to see your # hope to see it go down as soon as you get the CAI

Me too.. although, after talking to ADM today, the thought is that downpipes will provide more bang for the buck, so I probably go that way first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by my2010camaross (Post 727058)
i live in k*town.

Must be nice, being so close to the drag strip! That said, they need a way to get on the track without going through the water... let them know for me, okay? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGOS252382 (Post 727061)
Yeah, if there are launching issues (traction, wheel hop, etc), the TC can be helpful to get off the line clean.

:thumbsup:

jimpfromwv 08-09-2009 09:02 AM

My M6 went 8.72@85.02

pharmd 08-09-2009 09:06 AM

Bone stock, 500 miles...
9.059 @ 78.152mph 2.126 60'

DA 2900
launch technique- flashed stall


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.