Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   my friends camaro shuts off (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336542)

usmc-ashton 01-10-2014 08:25 AM

my friends camaro shuts off

hey guys my friend has a 2014 camaro 2LT, she had it at the repair shop when a deer ran into her car, she got it back after a good few weeks and she told me when she was at a red light the car shut off, its an automatic.
also she was driving around 30mph and it shut off again, she said her ignition is kind of loose and she thinks when she shakes the key it turns off..i told her stealership time but she doesnt really want to take it there..
has this happened to anyone? it could be the ignition its self probably? im trying to urge her to take it since its under warranty..thanks

Pi kappa alpha 01-10-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmc-ashton (Post 7324952)
hey guys my friend has a 2014 camaro 2LT, she had it at the repair shop when a deer ran into her car, she got it back after a good few weeks and she told me when she was at a red light the car shut off, its an automatic.
also she was driving around 30mph and it shut off again, she said her ignition is kind of loose and she thinks when she shakes the key it turns off..i told her stealership time but she doesnt really want to take it there..
has this happened to anyone? it could be the ignition its self probably? im trying to urge her to take it since its under warranty..thanks

Why would she not want to take it to the dealership? :der: absolutely bizarre thinking

usmc-ashton 01-10-2014 08:46 AM

one word-women
hahaha

Jameg1011 01-10-2014 08:49 AM

Because believe it or not, dealerships sometimes have no clue whats going on and mess more stuff up. I've had it happen more often than not lol. Finally found a good dealer kinda in my area though after 3 bad ones.

gajagfan 01-10-2014 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameg1011 (Post 7324998)
Because believe it or not, dealerships sometimes have no clue whats going on and mess more stuff up. I've had it happen more often than not lol. Finally found a good dealer kinda in my area though after 3 bad ones.

I suggest going back to the dealer. We must be very lucky as there have been 4 main GM dealerships that we have dealt with in our life time, and all have been honest and fair. Maybe it is just luck, or maybe it is something else. I guess the old saying holds.....I would rather be lucky than good!

trashmanssd 01-10-2014 09:08 AM

Could just be ignition but bring it back 2014 should be under warranty unless she does ungodly amounts of miles. Also they may not look like it but they are smart keys have her try her spare key could just be bad key.
Side note have seen ignitions wear out on older cars 4-5 years plus from people who put tons stuff on key ring and the weight swinging on the ring wears the internals of the ignition out. lots of old F-150's you don't need keys for just turn the ignition and away you go.

Ringo64 01-10-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha (Post 7324954)
Why would she not want to take it to the dealership? :der: absolutely bizarre thinking

I would take it to whomever did the work. Obviously something is wrong that they need to fix and if they can't find what is wrong, get a second opinion and bill the 1st shop for the work (if they warranty their work) if the 2nd shop can determine it was from the accident or the fix.

angie7 01-10-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmc-ashton (Post 7324988)
one word-women
hahaha

Hey now :paddle:

She needs to take it back before she crashes the car. Go with her, that'll help. As a woman and even tho Im a very car savvy one, men tend to think we are all into just shoes and shopping so they treat us like an idiot and are demeaning and I can understand why shouldnt want to take it back. Id ask her if she wants you to go with her and you can tell them what the car is doing so she doesnt have too. And if you like this girl, that can score you some points :thumb:

SSGUNNER 01-10-2014 12:42 PM

Sounds like a stall.