Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Mid-Atlantic (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Goodbye Northern Virginia (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541707)

CamaroJim56 11-02-2018 11:53 AM

Goodbye Northern Virginia

Moving to Florida the 7th.

Native Virginian, tired of the cold and snow, ready for warmer climate.

Was great meeting some of you guys, and wish you all the very best.

Jim

jshaf 12-12-2018 06:59 PM

wish I could do that, would love to drive the SS all year :( at least one of us is getting out! good luck to you!!

CamaroJim56 12-17-2018 06:56 PM

Thanks jshaf, I spent many years working towards doing this, and it finally has happened.

I finally have a garage, and can clean this baby up anytime, been down a month and a half and have been in shorts and t-shirts all but 5 days. Love this climate.

Take care of yourself and that beautiful ride.

Jim

Turbo_J89 12-17-2018 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 (Post 10387204)
Thanks jshaf, I spent many years working towards doing this, and it finally has happened.

I finally have a garage, and can clean this baby up anytime, been down a month and a half and have been in shorts and t-shirts all but 5 days. Love this climate.

Jim

Congrats! I'm military currently stationed in the Northern Virginia area. Such simple things like year round running water, a garage, and good opportunities to drive the Camaro are hard to come by here. I'm from Texas so I can relate to your new luxuries. I think it's time to really start enjoying yourself with a few winter car projects. Just put on shorts and don't even check the weather!:clap2:

CamaroJim56 12-18-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 (Post 10387211)
Congrats! I'm military currently stationed in the Northern Virginia area. Such simple things like year round running water, a garage, and good opportunities to drive the Camaro are hard to come by here. I'm from Texas so I can relate to your new luxuries. I think it's time to really start enjoying yourself with a few winter car projects. Just put on shorts and don't even check the weather!:clap2:

Thanks Turbo_J89.

I was right down 28 from you in Centreville. I will enjoy this weather for all of you in the colder climate! :sm0:

b4wheeler 12-18-2018 03:52 PM

After the kids all graduate, I am headed at least to North Carolina. Need more moderate temps.. .
Also have family in Fla, so a visit is always possible for me...

CamaroJim56 12-21-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4wheeler (Post 10387907)
After the kids all graduate, I am headed at least to North Carolina. Need more moderate temps.. .
Also have family in Fla, so a visit is always possible for me...

I thought about North Carolina, but they still get snow and ice... not acceptable for me. :happyanim:
Have inlaws down here as well, and have always loved the area when we visited. It's like being on vacation every day.

Best wishes when the kids graduate.

Jim

jshaf 03-06-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 (Post 10387204)

Jim

only chance I have is to win some money in the lottery or marry a wealthy lady, not looking promising...LOL

CamaroJim56 03-16-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaf (Post 10454078)
only chance I have is to win some money in the lottery or marry a wealthy lady, not looking promising...LOL

Keep trying buddy!
(it's great down here)