Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   No ambient lighting in my 2SS/RS :( (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26491)

2Muchmark 06-08-2009 10:35 PM

No ambient lighting in my 2SS/RS :(
 
So far, I LOVE my car, but for some reason my 2SS/RS did not include ambient lighting even though I had made a point of requesting it when I ordered. It's no deal breaker but I found that driving around tonight it really would have looked cool.

There is some discussion that some early build would not have ambient lighting, but later builds do.

Does anyone have more info on this, and does anyone know of any good after-market products for ambient lighting?

SummoneR 06-08-2009 10:37 PM

It's stock... you shouldn't have to order it. Did you turn the switch on? Not sure where the switch is, but it should be in the manual.
I do believe it is switchable.
If not take it to the dealer and get it put in, it's stock on the 2LT and 2SS

I buy all my LED and vehicle lighting from
www.oznium.com
very good prices and selection. They don't have "CAMARO" specific kits, but if you know what you're doing, good stuff.

sabrescamaro 06-08-2009 10:38 PM

If it's not there something is seriously wrong. You're sure you turned on the switch and everything?

SicSix6 06-08-2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Muchmark (Post 566208)
So far, I LOVE my car, but for some reason my 2SS/RS did not include ambient lighting even though I had made a point of requesting it when I ordered. It's no deal breaker but I found that driving around tonight it really would have looked cool.

There is some discussion that some early build would not have ambient lighting, but later builds do.

Does anyone have more info on this, and does anyone know of any good after-market products for ambient lighting?

The 2SS come with ambient lighting. have them fix it.

cam2fst4u 06-08-2009 10:43 PM

It should be there...... I dont know how that would have gotten missed..... try the switch if not check the fuses....

trudawg660 06-08-2009 10:48 PM

are you interior lights dim or bright? because if you dim your interior lights to the lowest setting it will turn off your ambient lighting, there is a scroll nob on the left of the steering wheel slide it up and hold it.

DET MSCL 06-08-2009 10:53 PM

Do you have the key in the ignition? :sm0:

(just teasing!)

KJS 06-08-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trudawg660 (Post 566286)
are you interior lights dim or bright? because if you dim your interior lights to the lowest setting it will turn off your ambient lighting, there is a scroll nob on the left of the steering wheel slide it up and hold it.

This should do it. When all else fails read the owners manual. LOL(?)

KILLER74Z28 06-08-2009 11:00 PM

Make sure your IP dimmer switch is turned all the way up. If the AMB lighting in the doors does not light, there may be something wrong with your AMB lighting. I would take it back to your dealer and have them fix it...

trudawg660 06-08-2009 11:03 PM

i see what they meant by the ambient lighting is distracting. glad they didnt do the whole dash. you cant see it at all during the day and when you drive it at night, you are like a fly and a bug zapper.

trm0002 06-08-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrescamaro (Post 566231)
If it's not there something is seriously wrong. You're sure you turned on the switch and everything?

What switch? There is no separate switch for ABL. Mine works just fine at night. I will admit, I never tried turning it "up and down" with the dimmer switch for the IP.

TJ91 06-08-2009 11:48 PM

once you turn it down, the rings in the guages go out as well.
But when you have it up to the max without having the dome lighitng on, the ABL and rings around the gauges will come on when you open the door and of course when your driving as well

2Muchmark 06-09-2009 08:55 PM

Hi Everyone -

Thanks for the info, but I was starting to wonder. Switch? What switch? I looked for 30 minutes and could find nothing. There's also no mention in the manual unless I missed it..

But yes my ambient lighting is not working. I also noticed that there is no alarm when I leave the lights on. Maybe there's a fuse missing?

Anyway I will let the dealer know. Thanks all for your help!

2010SSRS 06-09-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Muchmark (Post 569561)
Hi Everyone -

Thanks for the info, but I was starting to wonder. Switch? What switch? I looked for 30 minutes and could find nothing. There's also no mention in the manual unless I missed it..

But yes my ambient lighting is not working. I also noticed that there is no alarm when I leave the lights on. Maybe there's a fuse missing?

Anyway I will let the dealer know. Thanks all for your help!

before possibly making urself look like an idiot (i did with my Silverado and the Dome Over-Ride) get ur manual out and flip to section 4-XX (infotainment)

run through that section, there is a "Lighting" option as well as "Chimes" option. perhaps they're just shut off!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.