Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hot Rod Power Tour 2014 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332808)

dianeokie 12-15-2013 07:24 PM

Hot Rod Power Tour 2014

Hi All - I know June 2014 is a long way away, but HRPT takes a lot of planning. I am definitely going, already registered. I know a few of you are considering it. Here's the link to Family Events, who does most of the event planning. I don't book my hotels through Family Events, but I know people that do.
http://www.familyevents.com/event/229

CamaroKid300 12-15-2013 07:43 PM

I might do a few legs this year since I won't be able to go to the fest this year!

I'll stay posted!

driser 12-15-2013 07:46 PM

Pretty sure that I am doing the long haul this year.

I have a list of historic road courses in the US that I am going to drive, and this years tour will put me an hour from two on my list...Mid Ohio and Road America. I am going to contact both tracks and see if I make arrangements to take some laps on the days that I the tour will be close. If I get it arranged then I will definitely do the long haul this year.

DJ-Silver 2SS 12-15-2013 10:11 PM

thanks Diane. Hopefully hit my second Power Tour, first since 2005!!!!

musclecargirl 12-16-2013 06:39 PM

Pat, myself, and Chase are in for the first 3 cities.

GMteSSted 12-16-2013 08:12 PM

Long Hauler

Quote:

Originally Posted by driser (Post 7263384)

I have a list of historic road courses in the US that I am going to drive, and this years tour will put me an hour from two on my list...Mid Ohio and Road America. I am going to contact both tracks and see if I make arrangements to take some laps on the days that I the tour will be close. If I get it arranged then I will definitely do the long haul this year.

My son and I are doing the long haul for his senior, graduation trip! First time for both of us so we booked the family events hotel package. Made hotel selection easy! If you get the track days worked out, count us in!!!

colemanvoice 01-03-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driser (Post 7263384)

Good luck, David. That would be very cool. Love Road America, from Forza's (video game) view point, anyway.

I have a new job now. I'm still transitioning from old to new. I have no idea how vacation time is gonna work. The CEO told me my vacation time will transfer over. I hope he understood my question. Hopefully June is far enough out that they let me take 2 weeks. I can only stay hopeful at this point. :emoticon14:

driser 01-03-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colemanvoice (Post 7306643)
Good luck, David. That would be very cool. Love Road America, from Forza's (video game) view point, anyway.

I have a new job now. I'm still transitioning from old to new. I have no idea how vacation time is gonna work. The CEO told me my vacation time will transfer over. I hope he understood my question. Hopefully June is far enough out that they let me take 2 weeks. I can only stay hopeful at this point. :emoticon14:

If Gina and Jim show up tomorrow, let's try and have a little get together to discuss it. Hopefully your schedule will allow you to go.

2SS4JAS 01-03-2014 04:41 PM

I'll be there tomorrow, in it for the long haul, so time to make plans

dianeokie 01-04-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS4JAS (Post 7306961)
I'll be there tomorrow, in it for the long haul, so time to make plans

I'm still on my way home, but definitely planning to go on HRPT.

colemanvoice 01-05-2014 08:23 AM

I like your signiture photo, Jim.

-Only real men take their Camaro 4 wheeling.

dianeokie 01-05-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colemanvoice (Post 7310725)

LOL, it does look like he's going rock climbing! Did you all talk about HRPT:)

driser 01-05-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeokie (Post 7311243)
LOL, it does look like he's going rock climbing! Did you all talk about HRPT:)

We did.

2SS4JAS 01-05-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colemanvoice (Post 7310725)

Thanks Dan, I thought of it more like lurking behind the rock, but rock climbing works too.