Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Another Camaro wrecked by moron driver (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31841)

manchimp 07-10-2009 09:14 PM

Another Camaro wrecked by moron driver

2 Attachment(s)
Coming home last night, a girl ran a red light at an intersection and smashed into my car. :mad0260::paddle:All I can say is this just sucks.

Jason 07-10-2009 09:18 PM

Oh man, that is so bad, I'm so sorry to see this happen to these cars and finally knowing what it feels like to own a new car and have it damaged I can say I feel you pain.

Was anyine hurt?

Did you kill the girl or will you wait fo her insurance to come through first?

Hawks 07-10-2009 09:19 PM

OMG!! that sucks man. I feel a little sick to my stomach now. Hope everyone involved was ok.

manchimp 07-10-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 667972)
Oh man, that is so bad, I'm so sorry to see this happen to these cars and finally knowing what it feels like to own a new car and have it damaged I can say I feel you pain.

Was anyine hurt?

Did you kill the girl or will you wait for her insurance to come through first?

Yep, had the car for 5 weeks and then this. just made me want to cry.

We were both OK. I am very sore today, but nothing too serious I believe.

I went to check to see if she was OK first, when she got out and said yes, I yelled at her once then walked away. I just knew I shouldn't be around her then.

ahart04 07-10-2009 09:23 PM

omg nooo...those are my colors! that makes me sick man, i hope the process goes quickly for you. it seems that people running red lights are setting a camaro hitting trend. WATCH OUT AT INTERSECTIONS AND SLOW DOWN/LOOK EVEN IF IT TURNS GREEN BEFORE YOU DECEL.

Grimmjow 07-10-2009 09:25 PM

Owie, what the heck was she driving? Was hers totaled??

Indpowr 07-10-2009 09:26 PM

WTH is going on with these Camaros. Do they have targets on them? At this rate, rates are going to sky rocket...

I am sorry this happened to your car.

GMtothecore 07-10-2009 09:26 PM

A little tear just came out...that's the first CGM I've seen involved in an accident.

Sorry to see that.

manchimp 07-10-2009 09:27 PM

She was in a Mazda Millennium. And yep, there's no way that hers was not totaled. Her whole front end was trashed.

5th_Generation 07-10-2009 09:28 PM

:mad0260:Man, camaro owners need to drive like every car out there is out to get them. That's exactly what it seems like. And she ran a red light!? I would of made sure it was the last camaro she would ever take out.:paddle:

GoldBowtie 07-10-2009 09:29 PM

Manchimp

So sorry for you.

Glad you're okay.

Second condolence note for ambushed Camaro's tonite (see DDustiNN). I don't think I'll drive for a few days.

Grimmjow 07-10-2009 09:30 PM

Wait a minute.. isn't mazda made by ford? I smell conspiracy!

Yeah I drive a ford lol, but I want MiNE totaled so I can get a Camaro!

manchimp 07-10-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMtothecore (Post 667996)
A little tear just came out...that's the first CGM I've seen involved in an accident.

Sorry to see that.

Last night it was all I could do to not have a whole lot of tears come out. I pre-ordered back on Oct 13th. Have it for 5 or 6 weeks and then this.

This whole process of trying to take care of it looks to be a huge hassle as well. They are going to want to repair it, but I do not want that. I bought a brand new car, not a wrecked one! And who knows how long I will have to wait for another...and it won't be one of the R6P cars anymore. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I fear, but I'm going to fight for a brand new one for sure!

BlemsBumble 07-10-2009 09:32 PM

Same thing happened to me when I had my '86 TA. I feel for ya.