Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ordered my Camaro today. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39884)

tradosaurus 08-29-2009 05:08 PM

Ordered my Camaro today.

I went to Coleman Chevrolet in New Boston, TX. this morning and made an order for a 1LT in infernal orange with hockey stripe package. I went ahead and added the bright aluminum and sunroof upgrade.

And to be honest after driving a 2LT they had in the parking lot I changed my mind and went with an automatic. I thought I was sold with the manual but changed my mind.

I got it at MSRP.

I should get it by late November.

BalogUK 08-29-2009 05:20 PM

congrats!! great choice, hope the wait goes quick for you!

shawn18 08-29-2009 07:20 PM

Cool now the fun begins good luck

ljustin293 08-29-2009 07:20 PM

congrats

OuSoonersGirl 08-29-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tradosaurus (Post 860394)
I went to Coleman Chevrolet in New Boston, TX. this morning and made an order for a 1LT in infernal orange with hockey stripe package. I went ahead and added the bright aluminum and sunroof upgrade.

And to be honest after driving a 2LT they had in the parking lot I changed my mind and went with an automatic. I thought I was sold with the manual but changed my mind.

I got it at MSRP.

I should get it by late November.

Congrats on the new order. Why didn't you like the manual? Just curious because I was going to get the manual and then changed my mind for the automatic but changed it again at time of order back to manual. I haven't test drove any Camaros.

tradosaurus 08-30-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OuSoonersGirl (Post 860744)
Congrats on the new order. Why didn't you like the manual? Just curious because I was going to get the manual and then changed my mind for the automatic but changed it again at time of order back to manual. I haven't test drove any Camaros.

The automatic has a "manual" mode where you can decide when to shift. I did test drive a manual V8 and a automatic V6.

I've always believed that manuals have less maintenance trouble but with a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty you can't go wrong.

Also with an automatic I can drink a cup of coffee, read the paper, and eat a sandwich while driving! :sm0:

That and I have 5 speed Honda Accord.

Speaking of which I wish they would make the interior of the Camaro the same quality as a Honda Accord EX. Too much plastic feel to the Camaro interior. But I knew that when I ordered it.

Speed 1 08-30-2009 10:56 AM

:thumbup:................

tradosaurus 08-31-2009 11:54 AM

CRAP!

I just found out that the 1LT does not have the cluster gauges. This is one of the reasons it looks so retro IMO. So I am upgrading to the 2LT package.

Luckily I caught this before they made the order.

CloudXTC 08-31-2009 12:04 PM

good luck man! and congrats on making your choices!

Camaro gal 08-31-2009 12:17 PM

Congrats it always make you feel like you're on top of the world... just wait until it is in your driveway. AAAAmazing ;)

jrboyd_1980 08-31-2009 12:23 PM

Can't the Cluster Gauge be added? 99.9% sure it can be added on as a dealer accesory.