Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   A Sorrowful apology (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55600)

lil_chef 12-08-2009 12:49 AM

A Sorrowful apology

I will begin by saying that I love the Camaro and that it is the car of my dreams.

as some of you may know i have been a member that has been on the edge of whether to purchase either a 1lt Camaro RS, or whatever upgraded mustang was to be offered in 2011. i have always leaned toward the Camaro since it was the sexiest thing that i have ever laid eyes on and is the performance bargain of the century. Until Ford announced their 2011 V6 beauty. but alas i will be driving none of those in the coming weeks.

today i have come across one of the best deals i have ever seen, and as a 19 year old first time car buyer, i could not pass up on it. i am sad to announce that rather than driving a Camaro for the better half of a decade i will be driving a...............................

Mustang GT :yikes:
Since the 2011 Mustangs are right around the corner i found a great deal on the GT. rather than paying circa 30k out the door for my configured camaro 1lt RS i will be purchasing a GT for even less than that, and that is with the Track pack and navigation screen.
I will forever be sad every time i see a Camaro drive by me. but i have many (hopefully successful) years ahead of me. and i hope to join the Camaro club in a couple years when they are redesigned on the Alpha platform.

Mindz 12-08-2009 01:07 AM

Congrats on your purchase man. Specially at 19. I've owned nothing but crap/beater cars until I buy my camaro and I just turned 26.

Keep saving up and you'll eventually get the car you want. =)

305pride 12-08-2009 01:12 AM

im almost 21 and i still have my 1995 camaro ...........................................

Mayhem Matt 12-08-2009 01:12 AM

congrats

SScattergunSS 12-08-2009 01:15 AM

Hey Buddy, there's no need to apologize! Congratulations on your new ride!!! :thumbsup:

nester7929 12-08-2009 01:18 AM

You found a great deal. Get what suits you best. No need to apologize for that.

305pride 12-08-2009 01:26 AM

hey just make sure you get it in a nice manly color. congrats on your car. take care of it and always wear ur seat belt. and hope you get many poon from it. ;)

Crowley 12-08-2009 07:33 AM

No reason to say your sorry .. nice car and your going to love it.

Crowley

Ninjak 12-08-2009 09:54 AM

Welcome to the light my brother :) We of the Mustang following greet ye with open arms.

Seriously grats on the new car. You will enjoy it. Because its a Mustang ? No. because its a freakin new car complete with the new car smell and all. Sure its not the 426 beast that the Camaro is, but trust me, with the track pack installed, you'll feel her, then you will get the mod bug.....first it may be a cia/tune...then Exhaust...then who knows...FI ?

Hell you might become a Mustang owner....FOR GOOD !!!! Muwahahahaha !!!

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA !

Ha !

1320junkie 12-08-2009 10:07 AM

Congrats lil chef on your new car purchase

All-Or-Nothing 12-08-2009 10:15 AM

Congratulations my Mustang brother.

Actually with a deal like that you made a good decision for your wallet. As said before no matter what car it is a new car is ALWAYS great. Enjoy yourself. You still got enough power to pick on many cars.

Dave Coyle 12-08-2009 10:39 AM

Ford lovers on a Chevy sight.

:sm0:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjak (Post 1260760)
Welcome to the light my brother :) We of the Mustang following greet ye with open arms.

Seriously grats on the new car. You will enjoy it. Because its a Mustang ? No. because its a freakin new car complete with the new car smell and all. Sure its not the 426 beast that the Camaro is, but trust me, with the track pack installed, you'll feel her, then you will get the mod bug.....first it may be a cia/tune...then Exhaust...then who knows...FI ?

Hell you might become a Mustang owner....FOR GOOD !!!! Muwahahahaha !!!

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA !

Ha !

Must be sad that you don't have your own sight to join for Mustangs!!! Oh well, love to see you talking and don't really mind sharing with a "brother from another", we all love cars!

coolman 12-08-2009 10:43 AM

Why would you be sad to see a camaro. If you like them so bad why did you buy a mustang. You don't have to say sorry to anyone. If it's the car you really love and want, then enjoy it. It just seems to me that you bought a car just to buy a car. The way I read your post I believe you'll be wishing you were out from under it in a couple of months and in a camaro. I will tell you I like the interior in the mustang better if you went with the top level.

MrIcky 12-08-2009 10:48 AM

Enjoy your ride, I hope you have fun :). It's hard to beat December deals for cars already on the lots.