Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Camaro5 members take over FONTANA. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356795)

Jenner 05-06-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 (Post 7641467)
I have Goodyear tires on. (See below in my sig) The tires alone made a HUGE difference in the corners.



Amen. I see too many peeps just have garage queens and modding the heck out of the cars waiting for the perfect track set up but they never go to the track! My main reason for staying with the OEM V6 brakes at my first real track event was to see and feel the difference when I upgrade to my SS Brembo's.

I also have a 1LE suspension track pack waiting to install but I want to install the Brembo's first, track the car, then install the 1LE suspension so I can feel what changes were made. :thumb:

Oh ok. I kinda figured that the stock Bridgestone are bad tires for this. I need tires and maybe a tune because my speed limiter is at 118

cornerspeed92 05-06-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenner (Post 7641838)
Oh ok. I kinda figured that the stock Bridgestone are bad tires for this. I need tires and maybe a tune because my speed limiter is at 118

I was only able to reach a top speed of 125 mph in my 2011 1LTRS on the front stretch, so take that into consideration if your thinking about your warranty, cause you will lose it if you tune. I went back and found a video of what it looks like to drive a V6 on that track.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoB6bJvgeF8 hope this helps your decision.

Orange Crush 1LE 05-06-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 (Post 7641703)
Thanks Todd, yeah i brought my A game. I was 7th fastest overall, but that's mixing apples and oranges as the 1st 5 are actually "RACECARS" so on a level playing field i was 2nd fastest only to a Z-O6. I finished 2nd by like what...a lug nut.Here are the times, open the dates and click on May 4th. I too am in the same quandary.I have Miller motorsports park, but have to wait til Aug. to earn that badge. http://www.speedventures.com/results/Default.aspx

Yep, saw that. Cookin brother!

KRich2587 05-06-2014 03:53 PM

not only that two 1LEs with street tires with top times!!

cornerspeed92 05-06-2014 04:13 PM

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Jenner 05-06-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 (Post 7641860)
Oh ok. I kinda figured that the stock Bridgestone are bad tires for this. I need tires and maybe a tune because my speed limiter is at 118[/QUOTE
I was only able to reach a top speed of 125 mph in my 2011 1LTRS on the front stretch, so take that into consideration if your thinking about your warranty, cause you will lose it if you tune. I went back and found a video of what it looks like to drive a V6 on that track.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoB6bJvgeF8 hope this helps your decision.

Yeah i don't think I want to lose warranty for justa few extra mph. Since I'm a beginner I probably shouldn't be doing anything over 120 anyway. I just gotta save for wheels and tires and I'm doing this. Unless you think the Bridgestone a will hold up?

cornerspeed92 05-06-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenner (Post 7642396)

Yeah i don't think I want to lose warranty for justa few extra mph. Since I'm a beginner I probably shouldn't be doing anything over 120 anyway. I just gotta save for wheels and tires and I'm doing this. Unless you think the Bridgestone a will hold up?

I have no knowledge about those tires, i know that your car's limiter is at 118 because of those tires. When your warranty is up and you tune it, i know from 1st hand experience your car will do 155 mph. I would go to the tire part of the forum and post a thread there stating what you want to do(try a track day), someone there will know.

Ir0nM4n 05-06-2014 06:58 PM

I like when you say I am an instructor and he said ok go... haha... Or something like that, I need to drive to fontana one day... Though from Washington State it may be a ways.

Ir0nM4n 05-06-2014 06:59 PM

Thank you for the posts and videos..

cornerspeed92 05-06-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n (Post 7642570)
I like when you say I am an instructor and he said ok go... haha... Or something like that, I need to drive to fontana one day... Though from Washington State it may be a ways.

:)My pleasure. Fontana is fun, it's a high speed track.

Aero_Sport_Concepts 05-06-2014 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 (Post 7642577)
:)My pleasure. Fontana is fun, it's a high speed track.

Your telling me. 127 going into turn 2 and i was just in a V6 LT1. Thank god i made it out with no damage. Look at my Passenger Front after i got home i noticed this. Good thing these were my Stock tires and rims and not my every day tires.

Attachment 624905

:confused0068:

cornerspeed92 05-06-2014 07:36 PM

Those are trophy's :headbang:

cornerspeed92 05-06-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickrichic (Post 7642665)
Your telling me. 127 going into turn 2 and i was just in a V6 LT1. Thank god i made it out with no damage. Look at my Passenger Front after i got home i noticed this. Good thing these were my Stock tires and rims and not my every day tires.

Attachment 624905

:confused0068:

Dont know if you know it or not, but look at the homepage.We were on the front all day, now were below the Z/28 :thumb:

Aero_Sport_Concepts 05-06-2014 07:47 PM

15 Attachment(s)
Just some more pics from the weekend. Thought some of you would like to see them. Should have a good video up in a few days. Editing it from 5 different sessions. Should be good, got alot of other in it besides myself. Stay tuned.

Attachment 624911
Attachment 624912
Attachment 624913
Attachment 624914
Attachment 624915
Attachment 624916
Attachment 624917
Attachment 624918
Attachment 624920
Attachment 624919
Attachment 624921
Attachment 624922
Attachment 624923
Attachment 624924
Attachment 624925


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.