Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Low VIN Camaro spotted in PA! #794 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21278)

Maddtim 05-04-2009 06:16 PM

Low VIN Camaro spotted in PA! #794

3 Attachment(s)
Got a call from my dealer today and they told me a Silver 2SS had shown up today and if I wanted to come down and see it. Of course I did so I stopped by on the way home from work. She's a beauty!!! Couldn't start or drive her (customer car they said, kudo's to them!) but was able to sit in her for about 2 minutes in the rain. Got a couple of pics I on the iPhone including the VIN! She's # 2G1FK1EJ8A9100794, she did NOT show up on the VIN tracking database.

She's a SIM 2SS/RS Auto with Sunroof and yes she's got the brake weights. They told me she's only gonna be there for 2-3 days till she's picked up so, if in the Philadelphia\Delaware County PA area, she's at Thomas Chevrolet on US Rte 1 in Media, PA.

And, since this is my dealer, that means 1 less order in front of me!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

lakers171 05-04-2009 06:44 PM

she looks so good wet :yikes:

fixxer56 05-04-2009 06:53 PM

Tim welcome to the site. Got the same call from my dealer too. It is a beauty and I must have gotten there shortly before you because they drove it away for the inspection stickers. I'm number 3 at that Dealer,(10/15/08) ABM 2LT RS..Maybe I'll see you there soon!

Maddtim 05-04-2009 09:32 PM

Other than being a V6, YOU may be the next order filled there. BTW, who is your salesrep?

Andro 05-04-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakers171 (Post 457235)
she looks so good wet :yikes:

:laughabove: good one

2SSJIM 05-05-2009 03:51 AM

Alright! a low VIN #... way cool!

fixxer56 05-05-2009 08:30 AM

Tim, Mike Townsend is my salesman. I'm at 3300 as of last week, so you might be right about me getting my order soon(hopefully). They have another coming in soon he told me, the Phillies edition.

Maddtim 05-05-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxer56 (Post 458622)
Tim, Mike Townsend is my salesman. I'm at 3300 as of last week, so you might be right about me getting my order soon(hopefully). They have another coming in soon he told me, the Phillies edition.

I'm dealing with John Bettinger myself. BTW, how has Mike been with information? I keep getting the line from John that "they only tell me so much" and I'm really starting to think it's more him not asking then them not telling. Little comparison would be good.

P.S. I think I wound up talking to Mike one day when I was in and John was busy. If it's who I THINK it is, he definitely seems enthusiastic about the car, can't say as much about John.

fixxer56 05-06-2009 09:04 AM

Tim, Mike's been the same way, not a lot of info here..we seem to know more here on the board than some of the salesmen do. Mike is a young guy, and very enthusiastic, but cautious about getting out info. I email him all the time for updates. My wife even called him to try to pry info out. She's def a Camaro widow for now! Mike did not tell me how many they ordered though.. you'r was the first I heard they had 9 ordered. Thomas had 2 SS's under 800 on the VIN thread though. When I get mine, I'll post it here right away for sure.