Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2018 Camaro Fest (VIII) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=310)
-   -   NCM Thread?? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516762)

Lafourche1 12-22-2017 11:02 AM

NCM Thread??

Although there is a drag racing thread, I did not see a thread about NCM.

I know a few of us are interested in making a turn here and there.

radametz 12-23-2017 08:42 PM

They're coming. Tickets to all of the racing events are gonna be available in January, so I expect the CamaroCross and NCM threads to come up in the next couple weeks

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

hammdo 12-23-2017 08:48 PM

Can’t wait!

-Don

wrankin 12-24-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafourche1 (Post 10019196)
Although there is a drag racing thread, I did not see a thread about NCM.

I know a few of us are interested in making a turn here and there.

How does this event work? Do you follow a pace car or is everyone out there on their own after some instructions?

Bill

RLHMARINES 12-24-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrankin (Post 10021200)
How does this event work? Do you follow a pace car or is everyone out there on their own after some instructions?

Bill

Each Novice driver will have a ride along coach with them if Hooked On Driving has enough instructors to go around otherwise it maybe a coach in a lead car and everyone follows. Intermediate and Advance will go out on their own when the track goes hot.

hrpiii 12-26-2017 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLHMARINES (Post 10021404)
Each Novice driver will have a ride along coach with them if Hooked On Driving has enough instructors to go around otherwise it maybe a coach in a lead car and everyone follows. Intermediate and Advance will go out on their own when the track goes hot.

Lead-Follow is extremely difficult on this track, as if you are third/fourth car, you never get to see the lines the instructors are on. Or when they are braking or accelerating, but that doesn't impact the fun you are having.

But at the same time, I had a freakin blast and would do it again as a novice. Get in your car, go have fun!!

olblue75 12-26-2017 07:37 PM

Only problem I had in Novice A was a guy in a turbo car would never give a wave around and he was definitely slower never got over 55 mph. Thinking about intermediate or Novice B.

Zombie killer 12-28-2017 12:42 AM

Transponder rental

Could transponders be made available for run groups C and D?

woodside783 12-29-2017 10:00 AM

If it happens again come in and ask for some space instead of having a conga line like I saw a lot of last year

td195f 12-29-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olblue75 (Post 10023003)
Only problem I had in Novice A was a guy in a turbo car would never give a wave around and he was definitely slower never got over 55 mph. Thinking about intermediate or Novice B.

It's a standard practice if you end up in a train to roll thru pit lane. This will give you some space behind the train when you get back on track.
Also most of the events I've done are self-policing. If you have a problem with how someone is driving it's up to you to talk to them in a NON-CONFRONTATIONAL manner. Sometimes the individuals don't realize they're doing what you're seeing or they just don't know any better.

At some tracks the corner workers will black flag a car for not pointing by others and at other tracks you're on your own (see above).

olblue75 01-04-2018 10:54 AM

Good Point

Quote:

Originally Posted by td195f (Post 10026157)
It's a standard practice if you end up in a train to roll thru pit lane. This will give you some space behind the train when you get back on track.
Also most of the events I've done are self-policing. If you have a problem with how someone is driving it's up to you to talk to them in a NON-CONFRONTATIONAL manner. Sometimes the individuals don't realize they're doing what you're seeing or they just don't know any better.

At some tracks the corner workers will black flag a car for not pointing by others and at other tracks you're on your own (see above).

You make a good point didnt think about that, I believe he may have been under the impression of no passing or was scared to take his hands off the wheel to do a wave around.

RubyCamaro 01-04-2018 03:21 PM

Ms Ruby definitely wants a ride-a-long coach! The guy I had last year was awesome & getting to ride with him was also a blast. Can't wait!

Lafourche1 01-05-2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 10031485)
Ms Ruby definitely wants a ride-a-long coach! The guy I had last year was awesome & getting to ride with him was also a blast. Can't wait!

Ruby,

This is the best way to learn a track, get faster and safer.

BAD DAB 01-05-2018 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Helmet came today. Guess I'm committed now. Drag, NCM or both?