Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   BA bass roll off question. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520875)

Maiden69 02-14-2018 06:30 AM

BA bass roll off question.

For those of you that have changed the amplifier, does the bass roll off stays with the head unit or goes away once the amplifier is removed? I am debating weather to upgrade to a regular 4 channel amp or with an amplifier with a DSP. If the role of goes away with the amplifier there should be no need for a DSP, unless I was going with a SQ system.

My plan right now is to add the amplifier full range and eventually add a bass blocker in the front, and run the rear with mid bass and subs.

beak81champ 02-14-2018 05:02 PM

There is always a need for a DSP, lol. If there was any chance of continually upgrading in the future, I would choose each of your pieces of equipment with that in mind. That way you aren’t looking to get rid of inferior stuff when you’re ready for the next piece (ask me how I know). Start with your end game and budget in mind, and choose pieces that fit both criteria. From experience, my first investment would be a couple hundred dollars on sound deadening, and doing a shit ton of research while that step is being completed. Just my .02

Maiden69 02-14-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beak81champ (Post 10077267)
There is always a need for a DSP, lol. If there was any chance of continually upgrading in the future, I would choose each of your pieces of equipment with that in mind. That way you aren’t looking to get rid of inferior stuff when you’re ready for the next piece (ask me how I know). Start with your end game and budget in mind, and choose pieces that fit both criteria. From experience, my first investment would be a couple hundred dollars on sound deadening, and doing a shit ton of research while that step is being completed. Just my .02

Thanks, installing have been a hobby for me since I was in my teens... back when Crunch, Lanzar, and Rockford where the thing to have (Crunch is garbage now, Lanzar IDK where they are, and Rockford is not what it used to be unless you get the T series). I am now almost 49, so its been a long and expensive journey. I let go of my car audio equipment about 4 years ago when I sold it on my GTO. Never completely finished it, but it was 75% there. On the Camaro, for now I just want a clean sounding system... I have the tone set to volume 30, and I hate the fact that if I go down to 15-20 the bass doubles, if not triples making the music sound like crap.

My initial thought was to get an Audio Control D-4.800, and just run components on all 4, but I know that will not have enough bass for me, I need at least 1 or 2 10's on sealed boxes to keep up with the music I like. I don't think I am going to go all out on this car, so I decided that a decent 4 ch amp, with 6.5 components in the front, and a single 10" will be all I need, but my biggest quest is to find if the bass rolls off only at the amp, and not at the headunit as well... if it does roll at the headunit I will need a DSP with bass restorer, and the Audio Control is a very good unit.

Whats putting me down is the fact that there is only one kit to remove the amp in the market for this car right now, and that you need a $300 kit to install an after market radio if you plan on keeping your controls (other than hacking the OEM radio)... GM designer and engineer suck at designing this car for the complete enthusiast.

beak81champ 02-15-2018 02:00 PM

You are absolutely right! That’s why it took me 2 years of buying, selling, and trading equipment until I had all the pieces to install. I did sound deadener throughout that time though, and it helped a ton, even on the stock system.

Leo72793 02-15-2018 06:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Same. I began basic, bought sold traded and im building a amazing sstem now.

Morel 3 way custom components
Morel Subwoofers
Audio Control 6ch amp
Audio control Sub amp ( TBD )
Upgraded to the mylink ( got a hella good deal )
BT to optical for high res streaming
All custom cables and new wiring done.
Sound deadening!

beak81champ 02-15-2018 11:48 PM

Beautiful pillars brother, and excellent equipment choices!

Leo72793 02-16-2018 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beak81champ (Post 10078683)
Beautiful pillars brother, and excellent equipment choices!

Thanks. cant wait to get em in. i wanna hang amps from rear deck. i removed speakers completely. i added the rear BU sensors to the front via fading to the front on the radio, and only having bu sensor beeps.

beak81champ 02-16-2018 11:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rear deck is an awesome place to hang stuff, once you shitcan the 6x9’s!

Maiden69 02-17-2018 07:57 PM

That's way too much compared with what I want to do with this car...

nice pods, not that many people using closed cell foam for building shapes. mostly, all I see is MDF discs and stretch speaker cloth.

Clarkstar 02-17-2018 08:49 PM

Nice, but there's no room left for nitrous bottles :)

beak81champ 02-17-2018 09:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Plenty of room once the false floor is built... I could have hidden the amps behind side panels, but I want to feature them in the trunk. My pillars:

Ponchonutty 02-17-2018 11:57 PM

If using an Audiocontrol amp, they already have audio summing and dsp built inside. There would be no need for any external dsp unit if you want to keep costs down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiden69 (Post 10077280)
Thanks, installing have been a hobby for me since I was in my teens... back when Crunch, Lanzar, and Rockford where the thing to have (Crunch is garbage now, Lanzar IDK where they are, and Rockford is not what it used to be unless you get the T series). I am now almost 49, so its been a long and expensive journey. I let go of my car audio equipment about 4 years ago when I sold it on my GTO. Never completely finished it, but it was 75% there. On the Camaro, for now I just want a clean sounding system... I have the tone set to volume 30, and I hate the fact that if I go down to 15-20 the bass doubles, if not triples making the music sound like crap.

My initial thought was to get an Audio Control D-4.800, and just run components on all 4, but I know that will not have enough bass for me, I need at least 1 or 2 10's on sealed boxes to keep up with the music I like. I don't think I am going to go all out on this car, so I decided that a decent 4 ch amp, with 6.5 components in the front, and a single 10" will be all I need, but my biggest quest is to find if the bass rolls off only at the amp, and not at the headunit as well... if it does roll at the headunit I will need a DSP with bass restorer, and the Audio Control is a very good unit.

Whats putting me down is the fact that there is only one kit to remove the amp in the market for this car right now, and that you need a $300 kit to install an after market radio if you plan on keeping your controls (other than hacking the OEM radio)... GM designer and engineer suck at designing this car for the complete enthusiast.

Maiden69 02-20-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponchonutty (Post 10080509)
If using an Audiocontrol amp, they already have audio summing and dsp built inside. There would be no need for any external dsp unit if you want to keep costs down.

I got that, my question is IF the bass attenuator dies with the amplifier, if there is a full signal coming from the radio, and it is not been attenuated there. Because if that's the case, I won't be needing a DSP for what I plan on doing in this car.

richard200593 06-07-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiden69 (Post 10083150)
I got that, my question is IF the bass attenuator dies with the amplifier, if there is a full signal coming from the radio, and it is not been attenuated there. Because if that's the case, I won't be needing a DSP for what I plan on doing in this car.

not sure if you have had this answered yet or not, but I am in the same boat and have been doing tons of research and found the bass roll off is at the head unit, so a DSP is necessary for best quality. I am going with the jl fix-86 in my setup.