Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   żManual o Automatico? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370480)

Taser Deployed 07-31-2014 11:37 AM

I never see what the big deal is. I've never met someone who couldn't learn to drive a stick. I learned how to drive a motorcycle before a manual car which in my opinion is way harder than learning to drive a stick. I know men, women, old men, old women, and teenagers that drive manual cars. What the hell does that have to do with them being manly. Let's be honest folks. Driving a car period no matter the transmission isn't nuclear physics. The simple and right answer is drive both and get the one that best fits you and your situation.

Shakeandbake 07-31-2014 11:54 AM

I don't have a beard , sweet chest hair or huge muscles. I'm probably not a real man. I'm 160 pounds and I drive a manual becuase I grew up riding motorcycles. I have severe add and it helps that I remain constantly engaged.
I've had auto cars before and it's just not for me, I become to easily distracted. But regardless it's no ones place on this forum to tell someone else that there preference is inferior. Practice some god damn acceptance and leave them alone becuase a "real man" would not give 1/2 a **** about judging someone else.
You get that auto and you flappy paddle shift your heart out.

ZL1-V 07-31-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taser Deployed (Post 7857078)
I never see what the big deal is. I've never met someone who couldn't learn to drive a stick. I learned how to drive a motorcycle before a manual car which in my opinion is way harder than learning to drive a stick. I know men, women, old men, old women, and teenagers that drive manual cars. What the hell does that have to do with them being manly. Let's be honest folks. Driving a car period no matter the transmission isn't nuclear physics. The simple and right answer is drive both and get the one that best fits you and your situation.

Es muy facil,

If you drive in heavy traffic for an hour every day then get an automatic. No traffic manual. It's the "learning" portion that gets most people when starting out. Some get frustrated and just give up". You can only jerk the car into a stall so many times before your left foot comprehends it! I had my Ducati set up to do track days with GP shifting so I had to relearn shifting 1 down 5 up to 1 up 5 down. :lol:

ZL1 Spoked 07-31-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakeandbake (Post 7857128)
I don't have a beard , sweet chest hair or huge muscles. I'm probably not a real man. I'm 160 pounds and I drive a manual becuase I grew up riding motorcycles. I have severe add and it helps that I remain constantly engaged.
I've had auto cars before and it's just not for me, I become to easily distracted. But regardless it's no ones place on this forum to tell someone else that there preference is inferior. Practice some god damn acceptance and leave them alone becuase a "real man" would not give 1/2 a **** about judging someone else.
You get that auto and you flappy paddle shift your heart out.

Flappy paddle your heart out LMAO

RedRock ZL1 08-01-2014 12:48 AM

Lol, even Porsche is quitting the manual trans. To each his own.

eymang 08-01-2014 01:07 AM

I think he should look at the available resources for service or warranty repair. If none in his area he would be better off with a manual trans in regards to maintenance. just my thoughts...

Sven59 08-01-2014 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eymang (Post 7858944)
I think he should look at the available resources for service or warranty repair. If none in his area he would be better off with a manual trans in regards to maintenance. just my thoughts...

I may be wrong, but I believe the autos have had fewer maintenance issues than the manual.

alyssasdad 08-01-2014 06:18 AM

If people buy manuals to make up for their other shortcomings,:facepalm: then why do they want short throw shifters?:lol:

Z/28Dan 08-01-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05SilverStreak (Post 7854699)
If you dont have enough to hold on to between your legs, get a stick. For those of us who arent lacking in that department get an auto. When your on vacation in a traffic jam the auto allows you to relax and know that your in charge of your destiny. If you want to be reminded of when you were in high school and couldnt afford shit for luxury get a MANual. They say that you are a MAN if you drive a MANual. However the guy that cuts my grass every week and washes my cars is MANuel. You decide.

:sm3:

Sven59 08-01-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alyssasdad (Post 7859094)
If people buy manuals to make up for their other shortcomings,:facepalm: then why do they want short throw shifters?:lol:

They buy the short shifter because it matches their original equipment.

ChocoTaco369 08-01-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taser Deployed (Post 7857062)
LS3>L99
LSA>LS3 & L99

Yes, oops this is the ZL1 forum. My point still stands. In my opinion, going from manual to an automatic in this type of car is quite a letdown in terms of performance, control and fun factor. Rarely do folks look at a muscle car with a manual transmission and ask the driver, "Why didn't you go with the auto?" The OP is European where most know how to drive manuals and manual transmissions are still the "standard," so it would probably be an even bigger letdown than for a born-and-raised American.

Sven59 08-01-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 (Post 7859966)
Yes, oops this is the ZL1 forum. My point still stands. In my opinion, going from manual to an automatic in this type of car is quite a letdown in terms of performance, control and fun factor. Rarely do folks look at a muscle car with a manual transmission and ask the driver, "Why didn't you go with the auto?" The OP is European where most know how to drive manuals and manual transmissions are still the "standard," so it would probably be an even bigger letdown than for a born-and-raised American.

Which transmission do you have (brand/model)?