Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Various members built engine components (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311407)

2012REDSS 08-06-2013 02:37 AM

Various members built engine components

Edit by SSE 4 2SS: This thread is to list the components used in your build (rotating assembly) if you wish to share. It is to assist others planning builds in seeing the variety of components used in your build. If you have a built rotating assembly, feel free to add in other engine components...

Discussion is welcome, but will occasionally be cleaned up as the thread moves on.

I know there's a lot of you guys that have built your engines for boost. Maybe we could get a thread going for what components were used and what HP/TQ levels it was built to withstand etc. I know Ive been doing alot of research but it would be nice to see a thread where all the top guys listed what they have built. Good idea or a pipe dream?

Edit: I had a couple bite so here is the proposed format (thanks Tiny). Share what you'd like.

Engine:
Block?
CI? - CR?
Crankshaft?
Rods?
Pistons?
Rings?
Heads?
Valves/Springs?
Cam?
Timing Chain?
Oil pump?
Aftermarket Dampner?
Anything else

Blower/Turbo:
Type?
Modifications (pulleys, boost controller, etc)

Fuel:
Pump?
Injectors?
Meth?
etc

Exhaust:
Headers?
Cats or No Cats?
Cat back?
Cut outs?

What was the goals for the engine hp/tq wise? Current numbers is you have them and would like to share.

TinyToasta 08-06-2013 01:03 PM

So let me be the clown that opens the stage for the rest...:biggrin:

Engine:
custom build LSA Block
376cui - 10.3 cr
Callies Billet Forged Crankshaft
Callies Compstar H-Beams w/ARP Bolts
Wiseco Super Duty Pistons (coated)
Total Seal Steel Piston Rings
Ported LS3 Heads
Ferrea Valves
JRE rough idle cam & valve train kit
Rollmaster Timing Chain
GMPP blueprinted HV oil pump
ATI Super Damper (6% overdrive)

Blower:
TVS2300
JRE Maggie Max Stg.1 (NW102mm TB, ported intake snout)
JRE ported lower intake manifold
OD Cog Drive
3.6 Pulley
JRE Super Tensioner
Water Meth Injection
Rotofab CAI with JRE race scoop / washer bottle reloc.
13psi

Fuel:
LPE Twin Pump w/ JRE wiring upgrade
ID-850 Injectors
MSD PFVB (not hooked up yet)

Exhaust:
Kooks 1 7/8'' LTs coated
noweeds
stock exhaust w/ SLP LMII axle-backs

675rwhp / 676ft-lbs @ 12.6psi
3.4 Pulley & IW 8-rib drive still to come

The bare engine was build by Henrik's Racing Houston, TX
The rest finished by a local shop in Germany.
Ted Jannetty does the tune and patiently provides "post build" advice - props to Ted, couldn't be in better hands!!!

BullF-16 08-06-2013 01:08 PM

Guess I'll start. I broke the ringlands on #5 in my OE motor at 11 psi and 715whp and i knew it was gonna happen so i had HKE start on this motor before it happened.

I built it for minimum of 20 psi and planned for about 1200 whp eventually and i believe it will take quite a bit more. Its just a fun street car that will probably never see the strip. Built it more for road course track day events about 4 times a year.

Just got the car back with the twin BB PTE6766 turbos at 25psi. Made 1281 rwhp and 1118 rwtq.

Motor: Built by Erik Koenig at HKE racing engines.

LSX block
4.125" Wiseco -23CC blower pistons coated by Polydyne, 9.4 to 9.5:1 CR
Dragon Slayer 4.00" crank
Callies Ultra billet I beam rods
Wiseco GFX rings and custom tool steel pins .200"
ARP hardware throughout
Morel linkbar lifters
PatG spec'd blower cam
Mast Blacklabel 305 6 bolt heads LS7
Melling HV oil pump
N-Motion LS7 double roller timing chain
GM LS7 intake and exhaust rockers
HKE springs and push rods
LS7 intake

Fueling:
Squash dual 400LPH return style _10an feed, -8 return
ID1000 74% IDC at 20 psi injectors
ALKY 4 gal methdual nozzle system
Tuned on 93 octane with 16oz Torco for about 96 octane. Tune by James Karger

Twin PTE6766 turbos, custom fabbed by SNLPerformance.

The rest of the cars details are in the sig line

2012REDSS 08-06-2013 01:38 PM

Tiny and Bull that's exactly what I was looking for. It helps when you can see the component's of someone's build that's working well. As for keeping this organized I'm not sure how we can do that since Jamie seems to be taking a beating in every thread. If we get some more guys to chime in with their builds/component lists we can delete the other posts and only show the build lists. I know some people don't want to share all their secrets but its a start for a rookie to see what it takes to build a high performance and somewhat reliable (in Jamies case) machine.

TinyToasta 08-06-2013 01:53 PM

Just be careful - that's the internet...

It's all in the shop that specs out an engine, builds it and eventually tunes it! Just because it's been posted here doesn't guarantee its quality!

For collecting ideas this thread is a good idea though!

Unavowed 08-06-2013 02:47 PM

Engine:
Block – LS3
CI – 417 CR – 10.1:1
Crankshaft – Callies Dragonslayer
Rods – Oliver I beam
Pistons - JE
Rings – Total Seal file fit
Heads – LS3 – CNC port & polish
Valves/Springs – 2.165” hollow intake / 1.59” inconnel exhaust - Comp 921 springs, titanium retainers
Cam – GT-9
Timing Chain – C5R
Oil pump – GM high volume
Aftermarket Dampner - no
Anything else - ported TB

Blower/Turbo:
AGP twin turbo, BW 57/61 .82 a/r
Modifications (pulleys, boost controller, etc) - Go Fast Bits
Catch can - MightyMouse Solutions -12

Fuel:
Pump – CTS-V pump, Vaporworx controller, JMS booster.
Injectors – ID850s
Meth – Pro Meth single nozzle
E50

Exhaust:
Headers – Stock manifolds to turbos
Cats or No Cats – ARH cats
Cat back – Muffler delete
Cut outs – No

What was the goals for the engine hp/tq wise – 800+
Current numbers if you have them and would like to share – 821/801 at 14 psi

2SS45th 08-06-2013 04:22 PM

Always willing to help people out, I frequently do. I also frequently poke fun and mess around in threads. If someone asked me for advice, I'd be happy to help.

dan0617 08-06-2013 09:03 PM

I could give you sbc info all day but my Camaro still has the stock L99, never even had the intake or rocker covers off. I can say if it blows, if the cylinder walls are still good, Ill just have it honed, put a good set of rods, pistons, rings, a good VVT cam, dod delete lifters, good arp hardware, and bolt it back together. Stock heads, intake, crank, etc.are plenty good IMO for a forced induction application.

2SS45th 08-06-2013 09:16 PM

Depends on the desired hp levels. FI can be but as tame a NA, all depends on dynamic compression, not boost. Yes boost comes into play in that equation, but boost really means nothing to a motor. After 800 wheel I'm going for a new crankshaft, and after quadruple digits I've got a new block and heads headed my way, 6 bolt or bust. I'll go through my build sheets and give you guys a full rundown of my motor soon.

2SS45th 08-06-2013 10:11 PM

Sorry blown motors cost a butt load of money when they're built for stupid high horsspower, but they do, and always will. Here you guys go anyways, a fully detailed build sheet. This motor is designed to hold 1500hp and not complain about it.

Engine:
Block: LSX Short deck
CI: 416
CR: 9.0:1
Crankshaft: Callies
Rods: Callies I Beams, ARP hardware
Pistons: Wiseco units, were gas ported to keep rings gapped.
Rings: Wiseco Rings
Heads: LSX-LS3 6 bolt heads, fully ported
Valves/Springs: PRC Dual springs
Cam: Custom TSP Blower cam, I don't give the specs on it though.
Timing Chain: Cloyes Hex-a-just
Oil pump: Melling High volume
Aftermarket Dampner: ATI 10 Rib
Anything else: Lunati Valvetrain

Blower: Maggie now, F1X with spray or Twins next.
Maggie has 10 rib drive, OD cogs and a 2.95 pulley making 16psi.

2SS45th 08-06-2013 10:16 PM

Also to clarify, I meant to get across that this habit is expensive and shouldn't be taken lightly. That's my advice, make a budget and double it.

Ron_Robinson1 08-06-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS45th (Post 6866991)
Also to clarify, I meant to get across that this riced is expensive and shouldn't be taken lightly. That's my advice, make a budget and double it.

Its members with builds like yours I'm looking at, so I can build this winter.

Thanks for posting it up bud..

2SS45th 08-06-2013 11:06 PM

No problem, feel free to PM me if you want some more info.

Unavowed 08-06-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS45th (Post 6867229)
No problem, feel free to PM me if you want some more info.

:grouphug:

SSE 4 2SS 08-07-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012REDSS (Post 6862834)

Engine:LS3
Block? ERL Modified SuperdeckI LS3
CI? - CR? 429 CI, 9.7/1 Compression ratio
Crankshaft? Callies Dragonslayer dowled main caps
Rods? Hybrid H/I beam, no longer made
Pistons? JE coated custom made
Rings? IDK
Heads? Ported LSA
Valves/Springs?
Cam? Comp cams Custom Grind
Timing Chain? C5R I think
Oil pump? Melling
Aftermarket Dampner? No
Anything else: All ARP fastners with over sized head studs....

Blower/Turbo:
Type? Precision Turbo's, PTE 76/75 .96 A/R CEA Billet wheels, ball bearing mid frame center section, "H" cover and T4 Hot side. 12 lb springs for when the controller is turned off... Tial blow off valve, and precision waste gates
Modifications (pulleys, boost controller, etc)AMS 1000 Boost controller

Fuel:
Pump? Dual Pump Lingenfelter in the bucket, running wide open all the time to fill a surge tank. The excess dumps back to tank. From there a Weldon External pump feeds the rails via a boost sense regulator so a 1/1 ratio is kept within the manifold air pressure to fuel pressure. At no boost, fuel pressure is 60 psi... at 25 lbs of boost, fuel pressure is at 85 psi. The Weldon runs at slow speed until 1 lb of boost is felt, then it ramps to high speed via a hob switch...
Injectors? 127 lb/hr
Meth? No Meth, Nitrous at 150 shot to spool the turbos faster....
etc

Exhaust:
Headers? Custom hand made stainless turbo manifolds, then exiting the turbos, we have a 3.5 inch downpipe either dumping to the ground for racing or out the back through a 3" stainless system from magnaflow... full mufflers...
Cats or No Cats? I'm allergic to them.. no cats...
Cat back? 3" magnaflow
Cut outs? Removable flange blocks for racing right off the down pipes...

What was the goals for the engine hp/tq wise? Current numbers is you have them and would like to share.

When we get it all back together, we will be well north of 1000 rwhp.... we were at roughly 1550 with spray in March at the mile when I blew up two turbos... hence going back in with the bigger turbos...

I also have a stand alone nitrous system with a 240 liter/hr walbro pump within the 1.5 gallon tank used to mix with the nitrous... I have dual 15 lb nitrous bottles in the trunk with heaters.

All this and the supporting mods allow me to cruise around with 900+rwhp on the streets.... add in C-16 racefuel and turn the boost controller on and htfo....

Supporting mods...

One off custom built TR6060 with billet gears 1st through 5th...
Nine Inch with Strange center section, and a wavetrack diff, 3.07 gears
Pedders XA supercar coilovers and all associated bushings and bars...

Someone mentioned the cost of these builds... build a budget and then at least double it and that's if nothing breaks... It was also mentioned that the cost is high... I said before I have more under the hood than most Camaro owners have on rubber... It's just the cost of running a super big build car.... I will say to be reasonable with the goals.... This is now my third motor, (factory, blown one and my new one) 6th trans before we could get one to shift... mine has an internal shift mech rather than the floating external mech that comes with the cars... 4th driveshaft, third clutch... factory, and then the first aftermarket clutch I bought sucked... turbos 7 and 8... first two lasted less than a week... mismatch on the oiling orifice fittings, the third and 4th lasted a year, and we upgraded them, then blew them up overspinning them, and my new turbos are just going in the car....

Let me finish by saying my car has been and remains a test bed.... My builder and I collaborate on every step... The recommendations are his and when it's dicey, the final decision is always mine....though occasionally he will refuse to do something... my goals exceed the build sometimes...he brings me back to earth... Every component that has failed other than the first two turbos was my call... At the Texas Mile, I made a pass, pushed some water through the head gasket, and I decided to go ahead and turn the bottle on for another pass... to set the record... We already had the new heads at the shop being ported... Well, that pass cost me a motor and heads... and still didn't set the record... again, my call...

As mentioned, if going all out, plan a budget and double or triple it... Power not on the ground is wasted... and broken cars that cant be fixed financially are tough to swallow....

My car is not built for drag racing though we do that occasionally for fun.. It's built for land speed runs.... well in excess of 200 mph....

SSE 4 2SS 08-07-2013 12:54 AM

Ok, I've cleaned up this thread for its intended purpose...

Comments and conversation are invited, but try to keep it on track, and keep in mind, even the guys with big builds have a strong sense of humor and we pick on each other mercilessly most of the time... But I know any of the guys posting in this thread so far will go out of their way to help any other member with guidance... suggestions... etc...

All of the guys that have posted in here so far have built big power cars and have managed to break something, somethings multiple times... me for example

As was mentioned by one member, these builds are no guarantee of a successful build.... It boils down to quality of mechanical build, and tuning....

The best advice I can offer is to shop around for a builder you trust and can develop a relationship with.... unless you have the honest ability to do it yourself... My builder and I are best friends... I trust him implicitly with my car.... I also have a friend that has been to multiple shops and still has a garage queen.. Be careful.... ask lots of questions, and research....

I'll attempt to keep this thread on topic, but occasionally it will drift with a sense of humor... Again, everyone that has posted in here so far will help all they can with any questions you might have, or steer you in the right direction for proper answers...

2012REDSS 08-07-2013 01:11 AM

looks like we are off to a decent start 2ss45th FINALLY posted something useful. Keep the builds comming. I know this isnt a buy these parts and it will live forever but its nice to see what combos work together.

BullF-16 08-07-2013 09:24 AM

Excellent thread now. I wish something like this was available a year ago.

2SS45th 08-07-2013 09:35 AM

Here's another engine that I have sitting disassembled, built for 750 wheel. Kind of like a nice DD blown motor, nothing too serious, but it will hold a decent amount of power.

Engine:
Block: LS3/L99
CI: 376
CR: 10.0:1
Crankshaft: Stock Nodular Crank, needs main studs to reduce flex.
Rods: K1 lightweight H Beams, ARP hardware
Pistons: Wisecos, gas ports not needed.
Rings: Wiseco Rings
Heads: LS3 4 bolt heads, ARP studs, inconel exhaust valve recommended.
Valves/Springs: PRC Dual springs
Cam: Lingenfelter GT9 cam is a great driving cam, and doesn't bleed off boost.
Timing Chain: Cloyes Hex-a-just
Oil pump: Melling High volume
Aftermarket Dampner: ATI Rib count depends on blower used. Maggie I recommend 8.
Anything else: If using a turbo, a set of the ZR1 sodium filled exhaust valves would be great.

Keeping the stock stroke makes the crank and rods less susceptible to failure. The angles that the rods are exposed to are less aggressive. Pistons do better with the 3.622 stroke as well. I wouldn't go more than 5 thou over on the cylinder walls either.

VanquisherSS 08-07-2013 09:41 AM

Good thread here, I'm gonna watch this closely as I ponder my engine setup. Until then we'll see how far the stock one takes me. What I wonder is I see a lot of people going 376, 408 LQ Blocks, 416, 427, etc. Would you just build a ci bigger engine for a power goal or is it optimized really for a particular setup.

For instance I'm probably sticking with my novi 1500 and I'm thinking staying stock cube with that blower is my best bet.

2SS45th 08-07-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanquisherSS (Post 6868205)
Good thread here, I'm gonna watch this closely as I ponder my engine setup. Until then we'll see how far the stock one takes me. What I wonder is I see a lot of people going 376, 408 LQ Blocks, 416, 427, etc. Would you just build a ci bigger engine for a power goal or is it optimized really for a particular setup.

For instance I'm probably sticking with my novi 1500 and I'm thinking staying stock cube with that blower is my best bet.

Yep, my 416 for instance is way too much motor for the Maggie, 376 is the sweet spot for that blower. 408 is probably the biggest a 1500 could handle.

TinyToasta 08-07-2013 11:32 AM

We have had the same discussion with my build back and forth. My plan was as well to go down the stroker route. But even with my current compression (10.3) there would not have been enough blower (maggie) to run 418ci efficiently. It can be done, some are even running their 427s with a Maggie - but imho that should be whipple or centrifigual territory.

At the end of the day I'm happy with running stock cubes rather than taking the additonal stress that go along with a stroker. Driving on the German Autobahn at 150++mph for longer periods you do want to be sure, that the engine can take it!

Unavowed 08-07-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyToasta (Post 6868629)
We have had the same discussion with my build back and forth. My plan was as well to go down the stroker route. But even with my current compression (10.3) there would not have been enough blower (maggie) to run 418ci efficiently. It can be done, some are even running their 427s with a Maggie - but imho that should be whipple or centrifigual territory.

And here is an example, with some details on the build:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289999

My initial plan was to duplicate this build, but now I'm being inexplicably drawn to twin turbos...

VanquisherSS 08-07-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS45th (Post 6868533)
Yep, my 416 for instance is way too much motor for the Maggie, 376 is the sweet spot for that blower. 408 is probably the biggest a 1500 could handle.

Gotcha. Also something I was considering is what are people doing to beef up their motor to take a shot of nitrous on top of the blower? I guess also at what point do you consider an iron block over an aluminum block. I mean for me and cost I was thinking of dropping the LSX 376 B15 as I don't think my novi can crank out anymore than the 15lbs of boost its rated for. It was making 15.3lbs maxed out on my LS3. But would it even make power with the compression vs my LS3 now.

I was leaning right now honestly to a 408 LQ9 Block. Something I can re-use my stock heads. I know your adding more weight over the nose to an already heavy car but I think its worth it for strength? I've also been contemplating selling the novi and buying the motor. Perhaps twin turbo.

2SS45th 08-07-2013 01:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I didn't mind the extra weight, it ended up being like 80lbs heavier. The iron block has much thicker sleeves, so that's part of it. The main reason I have the LSX is the six bolt heads, they become necessary after that 1000 wheel mark. I'm either running a set of 63s or an F1X with a direct port shot, maybe in the 250 range. To run nitrous and a blower I would recommend that you have the pistons gas ported, it keeps the rings from collapsing and is usually only 15 to 20 bucks a piston. I can't find the picture of mine right now, but this is a great example of them:

VanquisherSS 08-07-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS45th (Post 6869120)
I didn't mind the extra weight, it ended up being like 80lbs heavier. The iron block has much thicker sleeves, so that's part of it. The main reason I have the LSX is the six bolt heads, they become necessary after that 1000 wheel mark. I'm either running a set of 63s or an F1X with a direct port shot, maybe in the 250 range. To run nitrous and a blower I would recommend that you have the pistons gas ported, it keeps the rings from collapsing and is usually only 15 to 20 bucks a piston. I can't find the picture of mine right now, but this is a great example of them:

Yeah I wouldn't mind it either, I'm not trying to set any records here just want it to live long and happy. I guess honestly what blows my mind when looking at engines are all the options. For instance on TSPs site:

http://texas-speed.com/p-588-tsp-408...ort-block.aspx

It starts talking about pistons with -15cc dish and I'm just like :noidea::noidea::noidea:. Like what the hell is a reluctor wheel lol.:confused:

2SS45th 08-07-2013 01:36 PM

You need a 58x reluctor wheel for our cars, and the -15cc dish is the piston head volume, dished (-) means that it is designed for lower compression, which is good for boosted motors. I have -32cc dished pistons in my motor for example.

blake-b 08-07-2013 01:43 PM

1026rwhp/861rwtq at 22#

Engine
Block: Stock LS3 Block 377 (stock stroke, 0.005 overbore)
Crank:
Rods: Callies Compstar 6.125
Pistons: Wiseco -11cc dish
Heads: PRC LS3 260 heads (2.185 hollow intake, 1.6 stainless exhaust, 65cc chambers) 10:1CR with LS9 Gaskets and ARP studs
Cam: 610/575 235/260 @050, 115+6 LSA speced by Martin at Tick Performance
Timing Chain: C5R
LS2 dampener
Melling 10296 with blue spring

Power adder
Vortech Ysi cog driven (77T Procharger crank pulley I adapted and 27T blower pulley)
BV57 Blowoff valve (LOUD)
Ported LS3 Intake
Ported LS2 TB

Fuel sytem
ID1000s
Squash Fuel pumps 400LPH (stock feed line to -8 then split to -6 just before rails. -6 return line)
Holley EFI rails

Exhaust
XSPower 2" headers, no cats, with 3" exhaust

Other
Tuned by Dave Steck (DSX Tuning) MAF, not speed density.
Alky control trunk mount kit with dual M10 nozzles. MAF referenced.
Engine and rear built by a guy no one on here has ever heard of and installed by me in my garage.

The ironic part of this was I wanted to make 1000rwhp. I sent the car off for the AGP twin turbo kit and I didn't know what it made power wise. Joe@CPR and I had spoken, emailed, and messaged and he knew what I wanted. Joe@CPR is doing the install and it made the listed numbers during their baseline pulls. He called me to tell me how shocked everyone was and how the car won him a beer. The dyno place just pulled a turbo supra off that made 1002rwhp and the guy told Joe if the camaro outdid it, he would buy Joe a beer.

simon.w 08-08-2013 02:57 PM

Engine:
Block: LS3
CI: 376
Crankshaft: Factory
Rods: Manley H-Beam
Pistons: Mahle 10.1:1
Rings: Mahle
Heads: LS3 with PFAFF Competition grind
Springs: Comp Cams
Cam: Comp Cams Custom CMS Grind
Timing Chain: GM Performance
Oil pump: Melling High Volume
Aftermarket Dampner: Innovators West
Studs/Bolts: ARP
Intake: CAI with larger custom K&N Filter
Catch Can: RX Monster
Clutch: Mantic 9000 Series Twin Plate + Tick Performance Braided Line & Bleeder & Separate GTO Reservoir
Shifter: Hurst
Built by: PFAFF Engines Huntington Beach CA
Fitted & Tuned by: Ryne Cunningham, Cunningham Motorsports Murietta CA

Blower/Turbo:
Blower: Whipple 2.9
Modifications: 8 Rib Pulley Kit, 3.5" Pulley

Fuel:
Pump: ADM Performance Twin Pump
Injectors: FIC Billet Tip 80lb

Exhaust:
Headers 1"7/8 Stainless XS Power
No Cats
Cat back: Stainless XS Power + Vibrant Resonators

Target: 700rwhp

Result: 732rwhp / 644rwtq on 91 Octane

Camper 08-08-2013 11:48 PM

Engine:
Block-LS3
CI-417 - CR-10.7:1
Crankshaft-Compstar
Rods- Callies
Pistons- Wiseco -8cc relief
Rings-Not sure
Heads- PRC 260cc
Valves/Springs- LS3 hollow stems, Pac 1208
Cam-FSP custom grind, 239/251; .623/.623; 115lsa
Timing Chain-C5R
Oil pump-Melling
Aftermarket Dampner-LS2
Anything else-Fast 102, Vmax TB

Blower/Turbo:
Type- ECS Novi 2200
Modifications- 2.75 pulley, alky meth

Fuel:
Pump-Squash E85 dual 450LPH
Injectors-ID2000
Meth-yes
aeromotive regulator, Nasty rails

Exhaust:
Headers-TSP 1-7/8
Cats or No Cats- None
Cat back- stainless works turbo S tube
Cut outs?

1012whp/950wtq @ 16psi

47AJV8 08-12-2013 02:14 AM

Just an idea, people should include the fuel that they run (E85, 91, 93, race gas only), maybe?

Kronix 08-24-2013 03:14 PM

Engine
*6.2L LS3
*Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger with OD Rear Cogs & 3.6 Pulley
*CAI, Inc Open Air Box
*Cunningham Motorsports (CMS) Mild Stage 2 CNC’s Heads
*CMS Stage 2 Spec Supercharger Grind Comp Cam with Retaining Plate
*Clevite Triarmor Bearings
*BTR Extreme Valve Spring Kit, Lifters, Seals
*ARP Head Bolts & Throughout
*HD Timing Chain Set
*CHE Rocker Upgrade
*GM High Volume Oil Pump Kit
*Hardened Rods & Pistons (Chromoly)
*Kooks 1 7/8” x 3” Matte Black Powder & Ceramic Coated Stainless Steel headers
*No Cats, SLP X-Pipe & SLP LoudMouth II Exhaust
*ID 850CC Injectors
*ZL1 Fuel Pump & ADM Fuel Pressure Control Module
*160* Thermostat
*ALKY Control Methanol Kit-Single Nozzle
*Mcloed RXT Twin Disc Clutch
*Innovators West 8 Rib Pulley Conversion with 10% Overdrive Crank Pulley with Crank Bolt
*JRE Super Tensioner
*1LE PCV Oil Separator & RevExtreme Monster Catch Can
*RevExtreme Ported, Polished & Painted 92mm Throttle Body
*Granatelli Racing Hi-Performance Coils & Wires
*ZR1 3 Bar MAP
*Tuned on 93 Octane & Runs 99 Octane (Torco Accelerator)
*Gold Plug Magnetic Oil Plug
*Hurst Short Throw Shifter
*DSS 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft
*Amsoil Fluids

Suspension, Drivetrain, Braking & Wheels
*Full Pedders & Pfadt Suspension Conversion
*Pedders Xa Supercar 30 Degree Adjustable Coil Over System
*Pedders FE4 ZL1 Adjustable Sway Bar Conversion with Front & Rear Endlinks
*Pedders Bushings: Differential, Rear, Front & Rear Lower Arms, Front Radius Arm
*Pfadt Parts: Camber Plate, Front Trailing Arm Street Spherical Bearings, Rear Trailer Arms, Anodized Aluminum Sleeves, Rear Tie Rods & Trailer Arm Bearings
*BMR Sub Frame Mount Poly-Urethane Bushings
*Granatelli 1G Suspension Brace
*4 Wheel ABS: 2 Piece 14.6” Granatelli Front Extreme Performance Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & 14’4” Rear Slotted & Dimpled Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads
*Brembo Powder Coated Jetstream Blue 4 Piston Calipers
*Granatelli Blue Coated Stainless Steel Brake Lines
*Eaton TruTrac Rear Differential
*GForce 1000HP Axles
*Custom Strut Tower Brace
*TSW 9”x20” Front & 10”x20” Rear Matte Black Powder Coasted Nurburgring Wheels
*Nitto INVO Tires P275/40ZR20 Front & P315/35ZR20 Rear

709.3 RWHP/637.7 RWTQ @11 lbs of Boost, Mild Tune
Weight Distribution (Corner Balanced) 51.2/48.8

Rockit_z28 08-27-2013 07:04 AM

Engine:
L99 (Built by Gall Racing Engines)
376 CI – 10.4
Stock Crank
Callies Compstar
Wiseco Pistons
Advanced Induction Ported LS3 Heads
GM Hollow Stem Intake Valves
Patriot Gold Springs
LS7 Lifters
HR/AI Custom Comp Cam
C5R Timing Chain
Melling High Volume
ATI 10% Underdrive
ARP Mains, Rod Bolts, Head Studs
Comp Cam Rocker Trunion Upgrade
HR Hardened Pushrods
LS9 Head Gaskets
Mighty Mouse Catch Can

Blower/Turbo:
ECS Paxton Novi 1500 (Unrestricted)

Fuel:
Squash Performance Return Style
ID 850
ECS Alky Control Single Nozzle
Aeromotive Fuel Rails
93 Octane

Exhaust:
Kooks 1 7/8”
Kooks Cats
Custom X Pipe
2.5” Magnaflow Exhaust

Other:
Driveshaft Shop 9” with 3.70 Gear
Vigilante Custom 3600 Converter
Stock 6L80E (Not for long)
Tuned by Dr. Phil
Custom Painted by S.L. Customs

Goals:
800+ HP Lows 10s
Achieved: 812 RWHP and 664 RWTQ
Track Times: TBD

10aSSee D 11-24-2013 08:36 AM

Engine:
Ls3 Block (Built by ADM Performance)
417CI 9.5:1
Callies crank
Callies rods
Mahle pistons
ADM stage2 LSA heads
ARP head studs for LS7 ARP Rod bolts
LSA head gaskets
Stage 3 cam
LS7 lifters
LS3 push rods
LS3 oil pump
LSA belt drive system
ATI dampner

Blower
2.9 Whipple with 3.2 pulley

Fuel
ADM dual fuel pumps
ID 850 injectors
93 octane

Exhaust
Stainless Works full length headers 2 inch primaries
full 3 inch exhaust with s-turbo mufflers

Drivetrain/Suspension
Gforce engineering 9 inch kit with 3.5 driveshaft
BMR subframe connectors
BMR trailing arms
BMR lower control arms
BMR adjustable toe rods
BMR front and rear sway bars
BMR end links
BMR rear cradle bushings
KWV1 coilovers

Camper 12-17-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10aSSee D (Post 7211965)
Engine:
Ls3 Block (Built by ADM Performance)
417CI 9.5:1
Callies crank
Callies rods
Mahle pistons
ADM stage2 LSA heads
ARP head studs for LS7 ARP Rod bolts
LSA head gaskets
Stage 3 cam
LS7 lifters
LS3 push rods
LS3 oil pump
LSA belt drive system
ATI dampner

Blower
2.9 Whipple with 3.2 pulley

Fuel
ADM dual fuel pumps
ID 850 injectors
93 octane

Exhaust
Stainless Works full length headers 2 inch primaries
full 3 inch exhaust with s-turbo mufflers

Drivetrain/Suspension
Gforce engineering 9 inch kit with 3.5 driveshaft
BMR subframe connectors
BMR trailing arms
BMR lower control arms
BMR adjustable toe rods
BMR front and rear sway bars
BMR end links
BMR rear cradle bushings
KWV1 coilovers

hope you like loud because thats the same exhaust I ahve and every meet I hear that my car is the loudest (yet awesome) car anyone has ever heard

BLACK10 12-31-2013 08:23 PM

My personal build:

Engine:LS3
Block?stock
CI 376- CR 10.9
Crankshaft? stock
Rods? SCAT
Pistons? Wiseco Forged -3.2 cc
Rings? Wiseco
Heads? Stock milled with LS9 head gaskets
Valves/Springs? PAC dual with stock valves, seals loctited down
Cam? NightFury, of course
Timing Chain? C5R
Oil pump? Melling
Aftermarket Dampner? ATI Super dampener
Anything else? ported intake and tb

Blower:
Type? NOVI 1500 Centri @14psi, stock pulley sizes

Fuel:
Pump? ZL1, BAP
Injectors? Id850
Meth? Alky dual meth
etc

Exhaust:
Headers? Stainless Works 1 7/8"
Cats or No Cats? No cats
Cat back? 3" CNT RACING

760rwhp through a TH400 trans/3500 PTC converter. Approximately 860hp@motor

runs 10.3's on 18"drag radials and 20" fronts, street tune with 14* of timing...

BrainleSS 02-01-2014 07:45 PM

Well this has been in the works for awhile now, and is finally getting close to the end. Unfortunately my health has gotten the best of me, and I'm not even doing the work myself... :smiling1:

Previous Set-up
LS-3.
Comp Cam 227-239 115 LSA.
PRC .650" Spring Kit / Hardend Pushrods.
Whipple Supercharger 4.0 pulley.
LG Motorsports G/5 Super Pro headers w/ high flow cats and tips.
Vmax CNC Ported Throttle Body.
Mike Norris PCV Catch Can.
SLP 160* Thermostat.
Cold-Air Inductions Intake - Black.
Pedders Ext Xa Adjust Coilovers.

731 RWHP/602 RWTQ

And the new and improved, new numbers to come!
! :thumbsup:

Engine Specifications:
CNC LSX block.
CI 427 CR – 8.8:1
Callies Crankshaft:LS1 Ultra Billet.
Callies Ultra Connecting Rods.
Diamond Pistons:Coated.
Diamond tools pins, clips & rails.
Katech Piston Squirters
ARP main/head studs.
ARP Crank Bolts.
AP series rings.
MLS Fel-pro head gaskets.
Clevite77 main bearings.
Speed pro / Clevite77 rod bearings.
Durabond LSX cam bearings.
Cloyes Extreme Hex Adjust timing set.

Melling high volume oil pump.
Comp Cams solid roller cam (27X/28X @ .050), 756"/756" , 114-deg LSA.
Comp Cams Endure – X solid lifters.
Comp Hi-Tech Pushrods.
All Pro LSW 12º-1 6 Bolt Heads w/ CNC porting 285-108-69 by Richard Reyman @ WCCH.
REV All Pro Stainless Steel Intake valve.
REV Inconel exhaust valve.
Solid Roller Dual Springs Assembly 1.550" w/damper.
Manley 10º titanium retainer. 1.550" dual spring. .740".
Manley 13152-8 10 Deg lock .311" Bead lock. Plus .050" height.
Manley 1.550" spring seats.
Jesel rocker arm kit for All Pro LSW-1.
All Pro LS7/LSW Intake.
TPIS 102 Throttle Body
All Pro valve covers
Engine Built and assembled by Billy Briggs.

Forced Induction
2 x Garrett GT3794R’s with 3” Turbo Compressor Covers.
TiaL SS light-weight 1.03 A/R Housings with 3” Outlets.
2 x TiaL Black MV-R 44mm Wastegates.
TiaL Black “Q” Blow-off Valve.
1000+ 6” Intercooler.
IPS Aluminum Intercooler Deflector Shield.
Vibrant Vacuum Manifold.
Turbowerx Exa-Pump oil Return Pump.
Thermal Heat-shield for Transmission Lines
Oil Feed & Return Line Kit featuring “Soft” Nylon Braided Hose & Black Fittings.
Sport Crimp Lines & Fittings
3” 6061 Aluminum Intercooler Tubing.
4” Powder coated 6061 Aluminum Charge-pipe.
4” Aluminum Intake Tubing w/ K&N Filters and K&N “Hydro Shields”.
Aluminum Lower Skid-plate.
AEM Windshield Washer Bottle & Accessories.
Polished Oil Cap w/oil return.

Exhaust
American Racing 1¾ Shorty headers.
3 ½ Custom Vibrant exhaust.

Injection
Aeromotive Pro Eliminator complete return style fuel system, good too 2000hp.
ATL fuel cell.
Injector dynamics 1300 injectors.
Wilson custom fuel rails.

Driveline
RPM Level 6 1800 RWHP Turbo 400 Transmission.
(With Pro Transbrake & SheetMetal Pan.)
Custom Transmission Brace w/DriveShaft Loop.
Precision Shifter (With air shift.)
SFI Flexplate and Bolts.
Setrab Transmission Oil Cooler Kit.
Drive Shaft Shop 9" Rear End kit w/ 3.89 Pro gear.
Pfadt Differential Bushings.
DSS Carbon Driveshaft w/ billet yoke.

Suspension & Chassis
NHRA Cert. 10pt. cage, w/parachute mount done by Dan @ Advanced Chassis.
Front K member done by Craig @ Extreme Innovations.
BMR 15” Wheel Conversion w/ Strange S/5090.
Strange S/2063W/ 175lb Springs.
FARKS Upper Control Arm Bushings.
Pfadt Drag Bar, Sub-frame and Other Bushings.

Miscellaneous
ProEFI Pro128 ECU.
VFN COPO Hood.
Pfadt Engine Mounts.
ATI Super Damper.
Kurt Urban Performance Water Vapor Kit
Ligenfelter Oil Cooler Block.
Setrab Engine Oil Cooler Kit.
Custom Dual Self-Emptying/Recycling Catch Cans.
Meziere WP329NElectric Water Pump.
Engine/Battery Cutoff Switch.
Remote Battery Terminals.
SJM Line Lock.
Katech Tensioner.
Power Bastard Alternator.
MSD Dynaforce Starter.

SSE 4 2SS 02-13-2014 07:25 PM

Holy Crap Brain... That's a monster... Hope to see this car some day soon...

BrainleSS 02-16-2014 03:19 PM

Thank you Robert, you have quite the monster as well! I am a big time lurker and do not post a lot due to a brain injury, but have read through your journal. I plan on having it in Houston, God willing, but like you am going to try to due it with the stock ECU first :frusty: How is the Pro EFI working out for you?

Thanks again
Curt

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 7419977)
Holy Crap Brain... That's a monster... Hope to see this car some day soon...

SSE 4 2SS 04-28-2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainleSS (Post 7426377)
Thank you Robert, you have quite the monster as well! I am a big time lurker and do not post a lot due to a brain injury, but have read through your journal. I plan on having it in Houston, God willing, but like you am going to try to due it with the stock ECU first :frusty: How is the Pro EFI working out for you?

Thanks again
Curt

Curt, first let me apologize for not seeing this earlier...

ProEFI, all I can say is wow... Granted there were some hurdles to get it workin but WOW...

The biggest hurdle was the traction control... It appears that the software for traction control was written based on the 12' - 13' model year ECM / BCM

It wasn't reading the front wheel speed sensors. Chris Delgado of D3 Engineering in Houston made a couple of trips to our shop, and worked the problem. We were told repeatedly it was a wiring issue... Chris is big with ProEFI... He checked everything and said it was proper... After numerous attempts to solve the issue, he pulled the base file down and sent it to Jason in Arizona, the owner of the company and software writer.

It only took a little while for Jason the realize the discrepancy and write a patch to install... Holymolybbqsammiches... I can't wait for the new motor and the next mile...

I set a half mile record with no traction control and street tires... At 183.7 mph, then popped the motor at the 3/4 mile mark at 217 or thereabouts...

With everything working, the new motor and road racing slicks, the next mile run should be interesting to say the least...

And in the spirit of this thread, I'll release the components of my new build after it's in the car tested and proven... I've no doubt we will destroy the current standing mile record for 5th Gens... And most any other car as well...