Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Power Steering Problem/Leak (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210847)

Blehner 03-20-2012 01:14 PM

Power Steering Problem/Leak

So went and got an Oil Change today, Instantly the mechanic comes out to me and tells me to go bring my car to the dealership ASAP. I have 16k Miles on my car and told me I was basically running on Zero Power steering fluid and my engine looks like it should have 50k+ miles on it from it leaking all over the engine. So brought it in to my dealer and have to bring it back tomorrow to get it checked out. :mad0260:

Warranty should cover this but also thinking that they said my engine looks like it should have 50k miles on it from being damp or whatever they said should I complain about this to my dealer?

nyrfan 03-20-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blehner (Post 4675498)
So went and got an Oil Change today, Instantly the mechanic comes out to me and tells me to go bring my car to the dealership ASAP. I have 16k Miles on my car and told me I was basically running on Zero Power steering fluid and my engine looks like it should have 50k+ miles on it from it leaking all over the engine. So brought it in to my dealer and have to bring it back tomorrow to get it checked out. :mad0260:

Warranty should cover this but also thinking that they said my engine looks like it should have 50k miles on it from being damp or whatever they said should I complain about this to my dealer?

If the engine has that much liquid on it, how did you never notice it? Also, did you not feel or hear something from your PS? Not sure the dealer will do much about the "dirt" factor but you can try.

Blehner 03-20-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrfan (Post 4675518)
If the engine has that much liquid on it, how did you never notice it? Not sure the dealer will do much about the "dirt" factor but you can try.

That's what I thought I never saw any power Steering fluid where I park it in the garage... I was my car all the time and have never been told anything was wrong until now but when I brought it in they said it's def leaking.

Drakin 03-20-2012 07:32 PM

Did they show it to you?...I don't think the power steering reservoir would hold that much...and then not have it make any noise....hmmmmm

Chevrolet Customer Svc 03-21-2012 01:14 PM

Blehner, I would suggest getting all the information you can on this. Make sure things are being handled properly and make sure they're doing what they need to. Hopefully this is a quick stay at the dealer for you and you can get back to enjoying your vehicle. Let us know how things go for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

mcapple 06-17-2012 10:03 PM

I took a look of mine. My Power steering fluid is on the Min level too

mcapple 06-18-2012 10:00 PM

I went to the dealership today. The Power steering pump is leaking. Changed for a new one. Is this happens to many camaros?

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-19-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcapple (Post 5149926)
I went to the dealership today. The Power steering pump is leaking. Changed for a new one. Is this happens to many camaros?

It is excellent that your dealership was able to diagnose an issue you were having. If you would like to express any compliments for your dealership, I would be happy to document it in our database for many departments of GM to see.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

broodstar88 01-22-2013 06:21 PM

got an issue today with my power steering, checked under the hood and discovered it all wet just today. called Onstar and got it towed and to be checked by the dealership hopefully tomorrow, surprisingly i didnt hear any noise etc just found out when i started fighting the steering wheel :(

DandDC09 01-22-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blehner (Post 4675532)
That's what I thought I never saw any power Steering fluid where I park it in the garage... I was my car all the time and have never been told anything was wrong until now but when I brought it in they said it's def leaking.

Mine had the exact same thing! They fixed it right away... You'll be good to go in no time...

broodstar88 01-22-2013 08:40 PM

hopefully its fixed soon i miss my baby :)

Darolexman 04-23-2013 04:25 AM

Zl1 Leaks

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcapple (Post 5149926)

Yes happing to me too 2013 ZL1 squeak sound!

Chrisrp454 05-08-2013 08:51 AM

This hit me this morning. Started car up no power steering. Got out see a puddle of power steering fluid on the floor. Have not had time to look close at it. At to take a back up car to work.
Guess they did make them better in the 90's. 98Z28 still going at 250,000 miles.
Not near the issues as I have had in the 2010 less than 4 years and 65,000 miles.
Its sad.

nyrfan 05-08-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darolexman (Post 6457540)
Yes happing to me too 2013 ZL1 squeak sound!

Huh? You don't have a power steering pump if you have a 2013.

Sent from my 2SS/RS