Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Wheels/Tires (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Help us pick wheels for our ZL1 Project (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214611)

Erik@Torq 04-06-2012 07:32 AM

Help us pick wheels for our ZL1 Project

So the time has come to order our new wheels for our incoming 2012 Camaro ZL1 Project car! We will still be keeping the awesome Forgeline GA3R's for the track but we are in need of a sick set of Street Wheels for this beast and where else to go than over to our good freinds at FORGELINE wheels!

We are running a contest on our Facebook Page and want everyone to participate to help us make this tough decision.

Follow this link to Torq Project ZL1 Wheel Contest and "LIKE" the photo to make your choice.

tpower 04-06-2012 08:07 AM

Erik I met the guys from forgeline at Mid Ohio and they introduced me to the single nut hub conversion for their rims. You should think of that for your rims

Attachment 355140

thespymaster 04-06-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik@Torq (Post 4764957)
So the time has come to order our new wheels for our incoming 2012 Camaro ZL1 Project car! We will still be keeping the awesome Forgeline GA3R's for the track but we are in need of a sick set of Street Wheels for this beast and where else to go than over to our good freinds at FORGELINE wheels!

We are running a contest on our Facebook Page and want everyone to participate to help us make this tough decision.

Follow this link to Torq Project ZL1 Wheel Contest and "LIKE" the photo to make your choice.

VOTED...............and I like the conversion above he mentions!

OldJedi 04-06-2012 10:02 AM

Erik, I am not on FB but my vote is for the RB3C wheels. The fewer spokes will be easier to clean and show off the brake calipers better.

Erik@Torq 04-06-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpower (Post 4765069)
Erik I met the guys from forgeline at Mid Ohio and they introduced me to the single nut hub conversion for their rims. You should think of that for your rims

Yeah I was looking into that! I am thinking about it but I already have a set of Forgelines for the track without the center locking kit and I would have to convert them as well. We'll see, I will talk to them and see what we do.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespymaster (Post 4765111)
VOTED...............and I like the conversion above he mentions!

:thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldJedi (Post 4765554)
Erik, I am not on FB but my vote is for the RB3C wheels. The fewer spokes will be easier to clean and show off the brake calipers better.

Thanks Jedi! I do agree with you, but they are both awesome looking wheels so it's a hard decision :)

Can't wait to see your car man, hope it arrives soon!

/Erik

OldJedi 04-06-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Thanks Jedi! I do agree with you, but they are both awesome looking wheels so it's a hard decision :)

Can't wait to see your car man, hope it arrives soon!

/Erik
It is in the same rail car with afirehawk1 and Tmandoug's Z is on the same train heading southbound. It is supposed to be in Plant City, Fl. next tuesday and hopefully at the dealer by next weekend. How soon before yours arrives?

garcmol 04-06-2012 10:54 AM

Dibs on your take offs!!!

Erik@Torq 04-06-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldJedi (Post 4765817)
It is in the same rail car with afirehawk1 and Tmandoug's Z is on the same train heading southbound. It is supposed to be in Plant City, Fl. next tuesday and hopefully at the dealer by next weekend. How soon before yours arrives?

Your guess is as good as mine, it went back to 3400 this week but that's all I know :cry:

Oh well, good things come to those that wait :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcmol (Post 4765820)
Dibs on your take offs!!!

I do have someone already who wants them, if anything changes I'll let you know!

/Erik

OldJedi 04-06-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik@Torq (Post 4765901)
Your guess is as good as mine, it went back to 3400 this week but that's all I know :cry:

Oh well, good things come to those that wait :)

New VIN's were being posted today, so hopefully very soon.

Erik@Torq 04-06-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldJedi (Post 4766039)
New VIN's were being posted today, so hopefully very soon.

Hope I get an update for mine! Where did you see that?

/Erik

OldJedi 04-06-2012 11:45 AM

On the "building again" thread this morning. Number 492 got built. He was at 3400 last week.

Just got update from GM connects # 492 has been built. 3/23 moved to 3400 and 4/5 3800
THIS IS GREAT NEWS. LIFES A BEACH and I'm headed there in a BLACK ZL1 soon