Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ambient Lighting! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9871)

CamaroScotty 11-25-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotchsride09 (Post 197778)
Pardon me if this is now common knowledge but... what issue, Scotty?

The issue wasn't specific - but I asked during the last IDL about why it wasn't listed in the customer ordering workbook - and they said they HOPE to have it (ABL) ready by the start of production.

camarorick 11-25-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 201357)
The issue wasn't specific - but I asked during the last IDL about why it wasn't listed in the customer ordering workbook - and they said they HOPE to have it (ABL) ready by the start of production.

So if they don't have this ready by launch, will the price for the 2SS be adjusted accordingly?

jesserayjames 11-25-2008 05:37 PM

I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THE AMBIENT LIGHTING................................DAH!

CamaroScotty 11-25-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarorick (Post 201384)
So if they don't have this ready by launch, will the price for the 2SS be adjusted accordingly?

No, because the product guide doesn't mention it being available.

ZombieEatsYou 11-25-2008 07:15 PM

heck, and one of the reasons I went with the 2LT rather than a 1SS was the ABL.

camarorick 11-25-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 201541)
No, because the product guide doesn't mention it being available.

I thought one of the features of the 2LT /2SS was supposed to be the Ambient lighting !?, I didn't realize it's going to be an additional option.

TAG UR IT 11-25-2008 07:31 PM

^It is not an additional option. YOU GET the ambient lighting when you get the 2LT or 2SS since it comes with the leather (leather and ambient go together).

If the ambient lighting is not ready upon start of production, I WILL NOT have GM make my car. Simple as that. I will cancel my order if I have to and reorder when it becomes available. That will not be a problem for me....happy to wait. I want the car...just want it with the ambient lighting. I'm not worried about it not being available upon launch. If not, maybe GM will make all the cloth vehicles first??...

ZYAL8R 12-16-2008 11:55 PM

Well, it's been 3 weeks since last post and i wanna know if ABL is gonna come ST on my 2SS? Any help?

TAG UR IT 12-16-2008 11:59 PM

It better....or I'm going to be kicking some *ss..... "ss" lol :D

ZYAL8R 12-17-2008 12:12 AM

I believe in Santa Clause, and I beleive this new big daddy mac CAMBO should be made with ABL
or my Christmas wishes will be reduced to lumps of coal. I just hope that those lumps of coal can help give me some extra boost down the line.:popcorn::burnrubber:

StoutFiles 12-17-2008 12:29 AM

If the ambient lighting is removed the MSRP better be dropping with it. I paid for a car with expected options and better get said options.

fastfret7 12-17-2008 12:57 AM

Well, if it's on the production car why haven't we seen a picture of it? God, I hope it's on there...

SScattergunSS 12-17-2008 02:41 AM

It's supposed to be there at launch, but I have been down at the dealer twice in the last seven days, and there are no guarantees the ambient lighting is going to be ready. Because they can't promise me, I went ahead and switched to the 1SS/RS, BA stereo, and polished wheels. I REALLY would like to have it, but I'd be pissed to the high heavens if it wasn't in there when my car comes in. This way there won't be anything to rain on my parade when it gets delivered. I would love to be able to get it and the 4 pack gages through their parts department though. In any case, making the switch from the 2SS/RS did save me around $2500 +/-. Even without 'em, it'll still light up pretty nice at night. And here where I live the cloth might be a better option. It's usually anywhere from 95 - 117+ degrees during the summer...and that leather will be scorching hot after sitting on a parking lot with the windows up for even a short period of time.

FirstLSK 12-17-2008 05:27 AM

I am with you on that one TAG.

When they said that the HUD was going to be delayed, I almost postponed my order. If they announce that AI is going to be delayed, I will pull my order and wait until they get the interior "cool factor" back to where I want it.