Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2013 GT500 new certified numbers 662HP and 630TQ? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219103)

SIRLOIN 04-25-2012 01:41 PM

2013 GT500 new certified numbers 662HP and 630TQ?

Supposedly thats the claim by Jamal Hameedi the head SVT engineer at this Q&A

662HP and 630TQ...

If true,....:bow:

Here is where i read this. Looking for more info now.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/ind...edi-jim-owens/

Keep scrolling down the thread to see the orange Shelby Super Snake. It's freakin SICK!!!

futrocpd 04-25-2012 01:53 PM

Hmmm impressive to say the least

motorhead 04-25-2012 02:11 PM

Love the color! That is very hot looking. WoW!

tramtwo 04-25-2012 02:27 PM

wonder if all the rear wheels will ever do is spin

motorhead 04-25-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tramtwo (Post 4864156)

Don't know, but I would love to be the one to find out.

Fightinfire921 04-25-2012 02:31 PM

Let the competition begin.

tooslow 04-25-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tramtwo (Post 4864156)

That seems to be the case with the 580 horse ZL1 without launch control active, so I would expect anything different sans launch control on the new Shelby.

Both cars will require a minimum of drag radials if you ever want them to put down anywhere near the numbers they are capable of at a drag strip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gramps69Z (Post 4864184)
Let the competition begin.

I think the competition is already over if the numbers quoted above are accurate.

Fightinfire921 04-25-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooslow (Post 4864190)
I think the competition is already over if the numbers quoted above are accurate.

I believe G.M. hasn't shown all their cards......... there's that ace hidden somewhere. :D

tooslow 04-25-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gramps69Z (Post 4864225)
I believe G.M. hasn't shown all their cards..........there's that ace hidden somewhere. :D

Riiigght.....you keep believing that if it makes you feel better. I doubt GM is really worried about the GT500 when it already has a performance car in its lineup that Ford cannot touch with the Mustang no matter how much power it makes. It's the same car that likely kept us from getting an even more powerful ZL1. It's called Corvette.

huggercamaro21 04-25-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooslow (Post 4864328)
Riiigght.....you keep believing that if it makes you feel better. I doubt GM is really worried about the GT500 when it already has a performance car in its lineup that Ford cannot touch with the Mustang no matter how much power it makes. It's the same car that likely kept us from getting an even more powerful ZL1. It's called Corvette.

^this

_Nick_ 04-25-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooslow (Post 4864328)

Ford doesn't car about the Corvette. It's a low volume car, and it would cost more to design and build a car to compete than it's worth.

If they wanted to, they sure as hell could make a car to compete with the "almighty" Corvette.

Ford is a business, they're focus is profit, not bragging rights.

I think it's hilarious that every time the GT500 vs. ZL1 topic is brought up, someone always mentions the Corvette, when it's completely irrelevant.

tooslow 04-25-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Nick_ (Post 4864350)
Ford doesn't car about the Corvette. It's a low volume car, and it would cost more to design and build a car to compete than it's worth.

I think it's hilarious that every time the GT500 vs. ZL1 topic is brought up, someone always mentions the Corvette, when it's completely irrelevant.

Not irrelevant at all. It is because of the Corvette that GM can only take Camaro performance so far. I was not suggesting that the GT500 and the Corvette were competitors. The OP made it sound like GM has some super-secret bomb regarding Camaro performance they are waiting to drop on Ford, which is ludicrous, IMO.

garcmol 04-25-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIRLOIN (Post 4863912)
Supposedly thats the claim by Jamal Hameedi the head SVT engineer at this Q&A

662HP and 630TQ...

If true,....:bow:

Here is where i read this. Looking for more info now.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/ind...edi-jim-owens/

Keep scrolling down the thread to see the orange Shelby Super Snake. It's freakin SICK!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooslow (Post 4864443)
Not irrelevant at all. It is because of the Corvette that GM can only take Camaro performance so far. I was not suggesting that the GT500 and the Corvette were competitors. The OP made it sound like GM has some super-secret bomb regarding Camaro performance they are waiting to drop on Ford, which is ludicrous, IMO.

Hmmm, I don't see anything like that at all.:iono:

justa25thTA 04-25-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Nick_ (Post 4864350)

If they wanted to, they sure as hell could make a car to compete with the "almighty" Corvette.

Ford is a business, they're focus is profit, not bragging rights.

What is Ford's halo performance car? And GM's? That is comparing apples to apples.