Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Do Your Brakes Squeal? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88806)

The Stig 06-10-2010 03:38 PM

Do Your Brakes Squeal?

Long story short, here it goes. I'm currently dealing with Chevrolet and their business/customer service department about my squealing brakes. As of now my car has been in the shop 27 days since April 1st, the brake pads have been replaced 3 times, and Chevrolet still insists that all of their cars' brakes squeal. Yes I am aware that Brembos squeal, but do Brembos squeal all the time. I say all the time in its literal sense, as in whenever I depress the pedal some squealing is heard, loudness varies of course. I am just looking for people to confirm or deny that their brakes squeal and if possible to what degree they squeal.

To the Chevrolet guys on the forum:

Sorry to call you out, but my representative is the reason why I am requesting this poll. During our last phone conversation she informed me "all camaros' brakes squeal. It is something that I should get used to, and if I have a problem with it I should speak with my dealer and have them find a solution to my problem." I'm sorry, but that is not customer service. That is a rude customer service rep hiding behind a multi-billion dollar company while she picks on a 20 year old.

HeavyD 06-10-2010 07:33 PM

Mine have squealed only a few time. I have noticed they get noisy after a lot of light city driving. After a few hard stops the squeal went away. Maybe try to be harder on them.

BackinBlackSS/RS 06-10-2010 07:35 PM

Not anymore. Did for a little while, but it is gone. :)

68/2010 06-10-2010 07:43 PM

Same here it used to squeal then it stopped. I have 12,200 miles on her now.

SWRocket 06-11-2010 07:03 AM

Mine squeal all the time as well.

The Stig 06-11-2010 07:38 AM

So obviously brembos squeal, but from what I have heard/read from the forum the squealing is minimal and went away after a few thousand miles. Correct? So how is it that some people's brakes have never squealed and some people, myself included, have to deal with their brakes squealing all the time?

armysig 06-11-2010 08:25 AM

Mine don't do it, but here is a question for you guys.

Have you washed your vehicles at all when it was hot out or just after a drive and the rotors were hot? I made that mistake on my 2008 Malibu and those breaks squal every time preasure is applied to the breaks now.

ArkySS 06-11-2010 08:45 AM

Third set of front pads...these are ceramic...still squeal...next stop pads with the roller skates...will keep you updated....at least I have gotten 17k of free brakes...they just replaced the rears too :)

The Stig 06-11-2010 09:18 AM

Arky, I'm in the same boat. Replaced all (F & R) pads three times now. After the 2nd pad replacement they gave me the roller skate calipers. Doesn't help at all. If you check my post in "Those with Camaro Problems . . . . Escallation Procedure" you'll see everything I've been dealing with.

xpanda305x 06-11-2010 10:11 AM

mine does it all the time..non brembo tho! and also they messed with my brakes 4 times already no fix. ive just decided to save up $ and get something aftermarket...seriously...they wont even upgrade me to brembo :(

EdRedCamaro2 06-11-2010 08:42 PM

I get intermittent squeals from my brakes. Sounds just like racin' brakes, so I'm okay with it. :thumbsup:

I also read threads that complain about the exhaust sound, popping on deceleration. If I didn't have that sound, I would have paid extra to get it! :sm0:

Camaro2SSLS3 06-11-2010 08:51 PM

mine have squealed since the 2nd day I got it, but only on light and slow stops. Annoying

mlee 06-11-2010 09:04 PM

My first car squealed a lot of the time especially hot after a long drive.

The new car does not squeal at all and has Brembos with the wheels on them instead of the wheel weights.

Jay2SS109 06-11-2010 09:11 PM