Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Funny Story with new Convertible (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134343)

Bodih 03-11-2011 10:32 PM

Funny Story with new Convertible

After picking up my new convertible from the dealer, I was driving my wife back to pick up my old car. It was dark by now, but the traffic was still heavy. I was pointing out all the features of the car to her as we rode; XM radio, HUD, etc. A fire truck approached us flashing blues & reds, so we pull to the side. After he passed, we turned on the next street.

Immediately, the HUD flashed; "THE POLICE ARE ON MY BACK". I whipped my head all around, but never saw a cop!

"What the hell, this is one smart car!".

...turned out to be the name of the song that came up on XM radio.:facepalm: :sm0: :bellyroll:

RubyCamaro 03-11-2011 10:34 PM

Really?

2010 SSRS 03-11-2011 10:36 PM

freaky

guiLT 03-11-2011 10:38 PM

Woah.

FastEddie 03-11-2011 10:47 PM

I guess thats cool if [I]you like[I] that sorta thing.

Skill377 03-11-2011 11:04 PM

your car is haunted!!!

boltmark 03-11-2011 11:09 PM

Your XM radio come across the HUD?

Bodih 03-11-2011 11:15 PM

Yeah. It normally displays the Tach and digital speed. But when the song changes on the radio (XM or Ipod or Flashdrive), it displays the song title and artist for a second. If you adjust your cruise control speed, it tells you what it was adjusted to. If your phone is connected by Bluetooth, it shows the number, or name of the person calling you on the HUD as well.

INFORMATION OVERLOAD!!!

Sevn86 03-11-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltmark (Post 2950021)
Your XM radio come across the HUD?

Thats awesome!

RAWarrior 03-11-2011 11:59 PM

Bodih, that is hysterical!!!! Glad to see your permagrin is in full spread lol!!!! Enjoy!

Bodih 03-12-2011 12:00 AM

and to add insult to injury...

I'm sitting here at 11:00 tonight trying to get my Onstar Link to work on my smartphone. Took quite awhile to register, load app, set profile info, and register phone ID. Finally, try to test it by using the phone to beep the horn and flash the lights. I'm sitting in the office which shares a wall with the garage. I thought I'd be able to hear one quick beep through the wall. It took a few seconds, but all hell broke loose in the garage when the car alarm went off! I'm running around the house trying to remember where I left the car keys to shut it off. But I'm thinking if anyone hears it, they won't be able to tell which car it is because its in the garage.

I run out to the driveway. The headlights were flashing through the cracks of the garage door like ET had crashed into the house! By the time I kill it, all the neighbors are awake and peeking out their windows at me. I then realize I'm standing in the driveway in my boxer shorts...

I'm sure in the morning I'll hear all about how impressed they all are with my new car... isn't technology wonderful???

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Autobots 03-12-2011 12:07 AM

lol kinda same thing happin with my wife when I first got my ridgeline the xm radio will only show song tittle or name and on the way home a song came on by the band fuel and she said (wtf we just got this and it already needs gas did the dealer not fill it up!) took me a sec....I just rofl all the way home

RAWarrior 03-12-2011 12:15 AM

Now, I don't care who you are.......that right there is funny!!!!!!!:sm0::sm0: :facepalm:

TJ91 03-12-2011 01:14 AM

haha thats a sick story.
I Love stories with the most random and rare coincidences, seems like they never happen but they do and theyre awesome lol