Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is my dealer an idiot?? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33940)

matt787 07-23-2009 10:16 PM

Is my dealer an idiot??

Today I called my dealer sales mgr to find out how many at 1100 infront of me. And she called back after the system down so did not know. She'd left a vm stating I'd get accepted wk of aug 6 or 13. But she said the constraint on the SS manual was causing everyone else behind those orders to have to wait until the constraint was lifted-- basically if I am #4 (with a V6 manual) and the 3 ahead of me are SS Manual, that means I get to wait until the constraint is lifted. And then those orders get placed, and then mine. I tried to tell her I did not think this was how it worked-- if there was a constraint, the way I understood it is the non-constrained orders get placed ahead of the constraints but she said no. I don't know if she is ignorant of the process (did not know what the event codes meant) or just lazy?? I don't mind waiting but if she is deliberately not placing my order which is not under constraint until the SS M6 is lifted is retarded. If going by her logic then all of us would be waiting till after the high wing and hurst shifter were off constraint. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

coolman 07-23-2009 10:21 PM

She is feeding you a load of bs or she just don't know. Those SS's could change to autos if they wanted to keep them moving. If she has allocation for your car It should move on because it has no contraints. I thought I had read on here today that the constraint on the manual was lifted anyhow. Not sure.

matt787 07-23-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolman (Post 716553)
She is feeding you a load of bs or she just don't know. Those SS's could change to autos if they wanted to keep them moving. If she has allocation for your car It should move on because it has no contraints. I thought I had read on here today that the constraint on the manual was lifted anyhow. Not sure.

Thanks- does dealer have to manually do this (and know to do it) or does system automatically skip over constraints as it picks up orders from 1100-2000?

coolman 07-23-2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt787 (Post 716600)
Thanks- does dealer have to manually do this (and know to do it) or does system automatically skip over constraints as it picks up orders from 1100-2000?

If she had allocation for your car and she ordered it ,it doesn't matter what is going on with the manual's. I should be in gm's system an will move on own it's own. I would call her and get the order# . this will let you know If she really placed the order or she really doesn't have allocation yet and is just stringing you along. I can't believe at this point that you would still be at 1100. The plant has really kicked it into high gear now that most of the bugs are worked out.

JewelZ 07-23-2009 10:42 PM

Event code 2000 isn't something that lasts long enough to even be noticed. The dealerships Sales Manager know how many order the Sales Department takes off top of their head and it's not usually in the hundereds and thousands where you can't keeo track of how many you take versus how many have been accepted. She is just being lazy or she is stupid.

swaugie 07-23-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt787 (Post 716525)
Today I called my dealer sales mgr to find out how many at 1100 infront of me. And she called back after the system down so did not know. She'd left a vm stating I'd get accepted wk of aug 6 or 13. But she said the constraint on the SS manual was causing everyone else behind those orders to have to wait until the constraint was lifted-- basically if I am #4 (with a V6 manual) and the 3 ahead of me are SS Manual, that means I get to wait until the constraint is lifted. And then those orders get placed, and then mine. I tried to tell her I did not think this was how it worked-- if there was a constraint, the way I understood it is the non-constrained orders get placed ahead of the constraints but she said no. I don't know if she is ignorant of the process (did not know what the event codes meant) or just lazy?? I don't mind waiting but if she is deliberately not placing my order which is not under constraint until the SS M6 is lifted is retarded. If going by her logic then all of us would be waiting till after the high wing and hurst shifter were off constraint. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

you're absolutely correct. she sounds like a retard to me. if there are three units that have a priority higher than yours but include content that is constrained, yours would get picked up. just because there is a constraint doesn't mean that everybody packs up and goes home. they still build cars, just not ones with that option.

swaugie 07-23-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolman (Post 716553)

the only constraints this week were the body color engine covers and the high wing spoiler. the m6es are not on constraint.

coolman 07-23-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swaugie (Post 716668)
the only constraints this week were the body color engine covers and the high wing spoiler. the m6es are not on constraint.

Thank you, that what I thought.

matt787 07-24-2009 09:21 AM

ha thanks everyone-- i appreciate the feedback. So ya she also said the ss m6 was still on constraint so she really must be out of it. one more question... does the system automatically bypass constraints or does the dealer have to do that manually. I do have an order # and have been checking with the viz but since it's been taking so long to get picked up, and I know they have open allocation, that's why i am trying to dig deeper. thanks again!

swaugie 07-26-2009 11:15 PM

the system will pass over units that include constrained options. the dealer places their preliminary orders and then gives them priority rankings from 1 to 99. if number 1 has a constrained option then it will try number 2 and so on down the line until it finds a buildable unit assuming the dealer was smart enough to have a buildable unit in the order bank.