Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Whats the difference between Camaro SS vs. SS w/RS package? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21414)

JBsC6 05-05-2009 04:37 PM

Whats the difference between Camaro SS vs. SS w/RS package?

I'm digging the new camaro SS and the report in motor trend this month really shows off the value at 31 grand for the SS..

Yet my question is...what is the difference in the various models..

1 RS? 2 RS? is that it?

I noticed road and track offered up the Camaro SS with the RS 2 package at about 34 grand ..

had leather, heated seats, the four little instruments in the center console...but anything else? I couldn't see an exterior difference? Is there one?

and what is the difference between the 1 SS RS and 2 SS RS?

I hate to say it but if I were buying? I'd pass on all the options that I can see so far and just grab a camaro SS for 31 grand..

Thats one hell of a deal..IMO

any help on decifering the differences would be appreciated..

And please note..that for those that are digging the luxury options...More power to ya! I totally get that.. I just was wondering if the looks of the 31 grand car on the outside was the same as the more expensive 1 rs and 2 rs packages? (if in fact they are called 1 or 2 rs at all)

Let me know if you could..

dodson914 05-05-2009 04:40 PM

It's a 1SS or 2SS. The RS is a package that comes with HIDs, color matched roof ditch moldings and midnight silver wheels.

The 2SS has the gauge cluster and leather and other options you mentioned.

The RS is worth the money for the HIDs alone, IMO.

Chevyrocker 05-05-2009 04:40 PM

It's a 1SS and a 2SS that are different. RS is just an appearance package...

Main differences between a 1SS and a 2SS are leather, door and dash trim, ambient lighting, boston acoustics sound system, 4 pack guages, PDIM, etc.

Before everyone tells you to :search: I'll simply tell you the best way to learn all of the differences would be to go to www.chevrolet.com/allnewcamaro and use the configurator.

:drinking:

DDustiNN 05-05-2009 04:49 PM

The RS package adds the HID headlamps (and those mean-looking halos!), body-color-painted water track (the strips on the sides of the roof, they are black without the RS package), darker "sinister" red tail lights, and makes the "SS" badge red instead of silver. It also adds the RS spoiler on the LT models, but it's already included on the SS models regardless.

Did I miss anything, guys? ;)

jeffny09 05-05-2009 04:50 PM

its different :)

prostreet67 05-05-2009 04:50 PM

unique tail lamps and rear spoiler too in RS pkg

Sierra 05-05-2009 06:13 PM

Meagan Fox comes with the 2ss/rs

TJ91 05-05-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sierra (Post 460037)

:popcorn:

qbert48 05-05-2009 06:35 PM

i'd damn near pay 10 k over then....JK:laugh:

JayhawkSS 05-05-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

:thumbup: Worth it.

Panther67 05-05-2009 11:17 PM

RS package

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBsC6 (Post 459722)
I'm digging the new camaro SS and the report in motor trend this month really shows off the value at 31 grand for the SS..

Yet my question is...what is the difference in the various models..

1 RS? 2 RS? is that it?

I noticed road and track offered up the Camaro SS with the RS 2 package at about 34 grand ..

had leather, heated seats, the four little instruments in the center console...but anything else? I couldn't see an exterior difference? Is there one?

and what is the difference between the 1 SS RS and 2 SS RS?

I hate to say it but if I were buying? I'd pass on all the options that I can see so far and just grab a camaro SS for 31 grand..

Thats one hell of a deal..IMO

any help on decifering the differences would be appreciated..

And please note..that for those that are digging the luxury options...More power to ya! I totally get that.. I just was wondering if the looks of the 31 grand car on the outside was the same as the more expensive 1 rs and 2 rs packages? (if in fact they are called 1 or 2 rs at all)

Let me know if you could..

Also dont forget RS package includes roof ditch trim same color as exterior color you choose example if you dont choose the RS package then the roof ditch trim is black i would choose the RS package for the HID lights and rear spoiler plus roof ditch for $1,200 you cant go wrong dont try going after market on these options it will save you a big headache ,trust me......:thumbsup:......:happyanim:......:w00t:... ...:cool:

Maddtim 05-06-2009 12:07 AM

Quote:

:drool::confused0068::bow::clap: :word:

Sterling 05-06-2009 12:15 AM

RS package also comes with the midnight silver 20" rims.

Iwantone2 05-06-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

So that's why dealers have mark-ups on the Camaro :drool: