Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Camaro ABUSED by dealer (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254111)

iwillclark 10-06-2012 07:59 PM

Camaro ABUSED by dealer

BEST Chevrolet Easley, SC ruined my car. I took it to them to evaluate a clunking noise in the manual transmission. They took it for a twenty minute, tire squealing, drive it like you stole it, joy ride! Here's the PROOF!!!!

Best Chevrolet in Easley, South Carolina, took my car out for a 20 minute, tire squealing, drive it like you stole it, joyride!!!! I captured their ride with a voice recorder, and posted it on YouTube. Search Camaro abused by best, it's the white Camaro. Or google it. Or click this link. PLEASE HELP!!!! Share with anyone you can.

http://youtu.be/bE4Dh_82kMM

wadew2lt 10-06-2012 08:20 PM

There is NO excuse for any of that!

I agree. They should be made to pay for the car. Then fired!

BTW. How were you able to catch all that audio?

tikster 10-06-2012 08:23 PM

Time to get a lawyer. I would be F'ing pissed if it were my car :mad0260:

Ryanbabz71 10-06-2012 08:29 PM

That was disturbing :(

I agree get legal help. That is ridiculous

Gm should pull their dealership just for the warranty "fraud" comments they made. Obviously they do this often

Ryan

yotaman96 10-06-2012 09:10 PM

Wow

iwillclark 10-06-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadew2lt (Post 5662547)

I placed a voice recorder in the door pocket bc this had happened to me once before at Kevin Whitaker Chevrolet on Lauren's Rd in Greenville, SC. Do NOT trust them.

MR 45TH 10-06-2012 09:16 PM

WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!!! This pisses me off and it's not even mine!

iwillclark 10-06-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tikster (Post 5662554)
Time to get a lawyer. I would be F'ing pissed if it were my car :mad0260:

I agree, but multiple cases need to be combined. Get proof!!! If you take your car into any dealership. Do what I did. Let's keep them honest. I was angry at first. Now I'm getting even, but only because they're being Mary's about it. LOL :-)

midnighter 10-06-2012 09:21 PM

That's why I don't take mine to the dealer. I do my own stuff and if I don't know how, my uncle is a mechanic and will do it for me. Once I drove off the lot dealers don't care, in most of my past experiences.

iwillclark 10-06-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR 45TH (Post 5662730)
WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!!! This pisses me off and it's not even mine!

It ridiculous, the Fixed Operations Director offered to sell me another car to replace the one they tore up. Can you believe this guy?! Seriously, his name is Shawn Lowe, and he works at the Nissan of Greer dealership.

iwillclark 10-06-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnighter (Post 5662753)
That's why I don't take mine to the dealer. I do my own stuff and if I don't know how, my uncle is a mechanic and will do it for me. Once I drove off the lot dealers don't care, in most of my past experiences.

This was an evaluation of potential warranty work, so it has to be a dealer.

dangjohnny 10-06-2012 09:26 PM

I hope they get what they deserve. Things will work out for you. Keep us updated.

midnighter 10-06-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwillclark (Post 5662767)
This was an evaluation of potential warranty work, so it has to be a dealer.

Well, then I will run a camera in my car if I ever have to take it in. They do that stuff to mine and I will be driving away in a new car for free, if they are lucky and that's all I settle for in a lawsuit. :)

iwillclark 10-06-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadew2lt (Post 5662547)

Placed a voice recorder in the door pocket.

Wantconvertible 10-06-2012 09:28 PM

Dam

iwillclark 10-06-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnighter (Post 5662778)
Well, then I will run a camera in my car if I ever have to take it in. They do that stuff to mine and I will be driving away in a new car for free, if they are lucky and that's all I settle for in a lawsuit. :)

I know, I'm being nice by only asking they buy the car. And they offered me a tank of gas and a pat on the back.

iwillclark 10-06-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnighter (Post 5662778)

If anyone else has any proof like this, lets combine our efforts.

iwillclark 10-06-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YUBslow (Post 5662775)
I hope they get what they deserve. Things will work out for you. Keep us updated.

You are absolutely right!!! The over whelming support from everyone is making feel 10 times better. Thank you.

midnighter 10-06-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwillclark (Post 5662799)
If anyone else has any proof like this, lets combine our efforts.

Oh you bet! I am for nailing these shitbags that mess with another man's car....especially these outfits which are supposed to fix and make our cars better. :paddle:

parkerss 10-06-2012 09:36 PM

This sucks! I bet GM wont do a damn thing. There gonna say its between you and the Dealer. Thats what they told me on a different subject. The dealership I purchased from could care less about customer service. I filed a compliant with GM and they said it ws between the dealer and me. Now im filing a compliant with the BBB. If no results there than a suit....just sucks

parkerss 10-06-2012 09:39 PM

So they do know about it and havent done anything...offered you a tank of gas???

d3rp 10-06-2012 09:40 PM

Wow. I see several people getting fired. And (hopefully) a free Car =D
Bring a lawyer in and talk to the the manager of the dealership. and bitch him out.
that seems to work.

stikSS 10-06-2012 09:43 PM

I would demand the owner, service manager, and that dipshit Josh and whoever the other dumbass is that is part of that dealership in a meeting and play the audio... demand results or else... somebody would be fired or the cops would be coming.... cause i would flip desks over in that dealership.

Don't stand for that BS... you have every right to make a point and get what you want.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SlowSS 10-06-2012 09:53 PM

All I'm going to say is...a few people better be in the unemployment line Monday and the dealership better make things right. I'm sure they wouldn't want an audit from GM. That comment at the end would definitely cause one!!!

stlrammer 10-06-2012 09:56 PM

To make matters worse your clutch clunk is normal for an SS manual 6 speed. Read on.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155282

z28racer 10-06-2012 10:03 PM

I would Demand their Jobs!

camaro2lt 10-06-2012 10:07 PM

contact gm this is nuts! someone should be fired

colingordon 10-06-2012 10:11 PM

He can get way more then a new car if he filed a law suit.... Several crimes committed in my opinion I'm not lawyer though

iwillclark 10-06-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro2lt (Post 5662932)
contact gm this is nuts! someone should be fired

I did contact Chevrolet customer assistance center (gabriel with cac@chevrolet.com). They washed their hands of it. Said it was a dealer issue. I tried to resolve this peacefully. Thought they would do the honorable thing when confronted with the proof. But NO. Here's a time line of my efforts to afford them that opportunity:
Camaro notes

3:14 10-1-12 Received call from Anna Rice at KIA of Greer
Sent her the email of transcript and audio file to arice@kiaofgreer.net
Affiliated dealership

1649 Shawn Lowe with Nissan of Greer called, Left voicemail with his cell phone number, he asked me to call him back. I called back his cell phone went to voicemail voice mailbox full called back twice. 15 minutes apart No answer either time.

Called Nissan of Greer asked for Shawn Lowe and was transferred but i was promptly disconnected when someone picked up no words were exchanged.

1824 10-1-12Ann Rice called and wanted to tell me Shawn was trying to get in touch with me.

1824 10-1-12 Shawn called while speaking to Ann, told her he was calling. Put her on hold and answered Shawn's call. Spoke with Shawn for seven minutes. Arranged a meeting for 1100 10-2-12.

1100 10-2-12 Met with Lowe, discussed my concern. He offered to have Bradshaw Chevrolet evaluate my car. Told him NO, I wanted them to buy my car. We talked about thirty minutes. He tried to get me to blow up, but I did not. I kept my cool. And left the dealership.

1030 10-3-12
Gabriel called back and said he was waiting on Shawn Lowe to call him back and then he (Gabriel) would call back and let me know something.

1601 10-3-12
Gabriel called back: told me that he had called all three dealership that Shawn Lowe works at gabriel left messages at all three dealerships Shawn has not called Gabriel back I gave Gabriel Shawn's cell phone number that he had left me the other day on my voice mail.

1639 10-3-12
I called Shawn Lowe but was transferred to Adam I had Adam go see if Shawn Lowe was available he was not available so I gave him my name in my phone number and I also gave him Gabriel's name and phone number and asked him to call either one of us.

1153 10-4-12
Gabriel called back and said that he has not heard from Shawn Lowe

1524 10-4-12
Gabriel called and said CAC will not be able to do anything that it's a dealership issue and that it's not their problem and that I am on my own and that they are closing the case

1602 10-4-12
Sean called and left a message for me to call him back

1659 10-4-12
Called Shawn Lowe back and left a message for him to call me back

1714 10-4-12
Shawn Lowe called back and offered to ride in my car and see if we could reduplicate the problem and if he thought it was still in bad shape then he would have another dealership repair the car. He said General Motors and Kevin Whitaker both refused to do any cooperative to deal to by my car back. He suggested that I trade in my car for another one of their cars. I told him that his offer was unacceptable. He said we are too far apart and he will no longer be working with me.

wadew2lt 10-06-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwillclark (Post 5662783)
Placed a voice recorder in the door pocket.

Smart man! Way to go! NOW, GO GET 'EM!!

:mad0259:

iwillclark 10-06-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colingordon (Post 5662940)
He can get way more then a new car if he filed a law suit.... Several crimes committed in my opinion I'm not lawyer though

I'll let the fraud concern be dealt with by GM. I want justice for the working people like me. I want all Camaro owners to know that two out of two service departments I used ABUSED this car. But Best Chevrolet of Easley, SC was CAUGHT so bad that they cannot lie their way out of it like Kevin Whitaker in Greenville, SC did.

Sleez 10-06-2012 10:29 PM

someone posted a link to the video on their FB page!!! LOL

iwillclark 10-06-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28racer (Post 5662921)
I would Demand their Jobs!

When I filed a complaint with the BBB I requested that Josh be fired but they told me that was not within their purview. So I change my request to them buy the car, repair it, certify it, resell it, and take the difference out of their pay.

The Stig 10-06-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleez (Post 5662972)
someone posted a link to the video on their FB page!!! LOL

Well played.

Our1stCamaro 10-06-2012 11:06 PM

Time to get the News Media involved :paddle:

2SS45th 10-06-2012 11:08 PM

Now if one of those anonymous Internet hacker guys could catch wind of it and put it on the dealership website, that would be pretty funny.

iwillclark 10-06-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Our1stCamaro (Post 5663079)
Time to get the News Media involved :paddle:

True dat my friend. Sent the link and explanation to the two local stations. However they may be a conflicted due to the amount of money car dealers pay for advertisement.

iwillclark 10-06-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS45th (Post 5663085)
Now if one of those anonymous Internet hacker guys could catch wind of it and put it on the dealership website, that would be pretty funny.

It was posted to the dealer Facebook page. HA!! HA!!

iwillclark 10-06-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSS (Post 5662895)
All I'm going to say is...a few people better be in the unemployment line Monday and the dealership better make things right. I'm sure they wouldn't want an audit from GM. That comment at the end would definitely cause one!!!

Totally agree. Shawn Lowe isn't worried, he said, "they get audited all the time". I LAUGHED in his face when he said that. Their butts are in a sling. And deserve all things that come their way. He's the Fixed Operations Director. That's the person in charge of all service departments of the affiliated dealers:
Best Chevrolet, Easley, SC
Best Kia, SC
Nissan of Greer
Toyota of Greer
Kia of Greer
Two in Florida
One in Virginia

2Carats 10-06-2012 11:41 PM

Subscribed

Mind controlled by Cerebro