Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fiancé didn't tell me she hit a post with my car... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295258)

richard200593 05-13-2013 02:33 PM

Fiancé didn't tell me she hit a post with my car...

I just had a coworker run up to me and ask me what I hit over the weekend, knowing damn well I didn't hit anything I thought he was joking... Went out to look and found this: called my fiancé pissed thinking someone at a new complex (just moved this weekend) hit me when she admitted she hit a pole backing up and didn't think it was that bad. Any idea if its repairable or do I have to just get a new front bumper? No denting or cracks that I can see.

PoorMansCamaro 05-13-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard200593 (Post 6538727)
I just had a coworker run up to me and ask me what I hit over the weekend, knowing damn well I didn't hit anything I thought he was joking... Went out to look and found this: called my fiancé pissed thinking someone at a new complex (just moved this weekend) hit me when she admitted she hit a pole backing up and didn't think it was that bad. Any idea if its repairable or do I have to just get a new front bumper? No denting or cracks that I can see.

:needpics:

edit: and obligatory "That'll buff right out"

:D

BBQdDude 05-13-2013 02:36 PM

It is ok as she is just your fiancee lol

richard200593 05-13-2013 02:36 PM

Photo didn't work so here it is...

1 Attachment(s)
Ugh

mr_honez 05-13-2013 02:38 PM

Not my Camaro, but the wife drove my Nissan Frontier CC 4X4 into a post and nearly cleaved the front end in two. :facepalm:

I was away on business and she 'forgot' to tell me when I returned....:mad0260:

I feel your pain Richard.

PoorMansCamaro 05-13-2013 02:39 PM

it looks as though the paint is scratched off. which means you would need the whole front bumper repainted, if you want it done right. if you want to "patch" it up, you could get touchup paint.

skipinminn 05-13-2013 02:39 PM

NOT SO BAD ?????/ AND your Marrying her? I'd have a PRENUP and make her sign it saying from NOW forward you DON"T drive my CAMARO <<<

JBLUES 05-13-2013 02:40 PM

Doesn't look all that bad.

JBLUES 05-13-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipinminn (Post 6538756)
NOT SO BAD ?????/ AND your Marrying her? I'd have a PRENUP and make her sign it saying from NOW forward you DON"T drive my CAMARO <<<

Yes. Camaro privileges should be revoked.

richard200593 05-13-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipinminn (Post 6538756)

That's the worst part! For the last year she drive my car more than I did and scratched one wheel all year (which isn't a big deal to me because eventually I'm doing something with mine) we just got her a new car a week ago and this incident happened while just "moving" my car into a different spot, she hates driving the camaro because of how picky I am about it!

jwoair23 05-13-2013 02:42 PM

As much as everyone will joke around, just remember whats more important, a car or your fiance! My fiance rear ended someone while driving my camaro, I used the opportunity to buy a new SS bumper and upgrade the front end. :) I see you have an RS, maybe you should consider the same, although your damage isn't nearly as bad as mine was!

Frank in MD 05-13-2013 02:44 PM

wait, wait, wait.... if she was backing up, how did she hit a pole with the front of the car?

PoorMansCamaro 05-13-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank in MD (Post 6538784)
wait, wait, wait.... if she was backing up, how did she hit a pole with the front of the car?

probably backing and turning at the same time, and scrapped the front end. basically turning too early