Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   GM sanctioned 2009 SEMA Camaros list announced (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32398)

Tran 07-14-2009 04:24 PM

GM sanctioned 2009 SEMA Camaros list announced

As featured on homepage.

The 2010 Camaro is one of the most anticipated cars for this year's 2009 SEMA show (November 3-6). Last year's show saw GM bring a lineup of its own concept design cars (see post here). For the 2009 SEMA show, the GM Design Team has chosen and awarded the following 8 car designers/tuners each their own Camaro to build on behalf of GM. The winning list includes some SEMA veterans, such as Rick Bottom and Neil Tjin.

-- Tjin Edition – Neil Tjin
-- National Guard – Nick Ashby
-- Rick Bottom Designs – Rick Bottom
-- Sound Choice Audio and Performance – Mark Abate
-- Bomex Aero
-- DSO Eyewear
-- Conrad Grunewald
-- Trent’s Trick Upholstery

Judging by the past creations of these designers, the one thing we can be sure of seeing at SEMA are fully customized Camaros, from top to bottom, inside to out. For example, Neil Tjin's "Tjin Edition Modern Hot Rod Chevy Camaro" will feature custom iForged 3-piece wheels wrapped in Falken tires; SSBC brakes; Air Lift suspension and a custom-built engine with JE pistons, Vortech supercharger, BDL accessories, MagnaFlow exhaust, American Racing headers and a Nitrous Express setup. The interior will feature GlowShift gauges, be carbon fiber trimmed with Status Racing carbon fiber seats and fitted with a Realm Audio system, as well as a Webasto sunroof. The exterior will feature black light WurkZ LED headlamps, Ignited HIDs and full-house Dupont custom green paint scheme.

Preview images of these designer Camaros will be released later this summer.

http://www.camaro5.com/storypics/tcf3mygy.jpg

Jferrell88 07-14-2009 04:33 PM

sounds pretty awesome

Andro 07-14-2009 04:36 PM

:drool:

Kilo-9 07-14-2009 04:49 PM

Sounds cool, but I'm still waiting to see what Chip Foose can do with this car. :drool:

bnkriggs 07-14-2009 05:22 PM

this is great. i was there last year and the cars looked great but i was pissed off that everybody had customized the challanger and the gtr, i told myself "cant wait till next year, when the camaro gets to show its creative side." "good news"

ssrsheaven 07-14-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilo-9 (Post 679943)
Sounds cool, but I'm still waiting to see what Chip Foose can do with this car. :drool:

:headbang: :headbang: what he said

SSPROJECT 07-14-2009 06:35 PM

the best of the best are there . i too will be at sema this year . i loved it when i saw the camaro last year. can't wait

SoloSK71 07-14-2009 07:02 PM

You can officially colour me impressed when these guys can do a street legal version of these cars that the rest of us could build.

- SK

Tran 07-14-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoloSK71 (Post 680455)
You can officially colour me impressed when these guys can do a street legal version of these cars that the rest of us could build.

- SK

I don't think that's exactly the point of many of the cars shown at SEMA. Think of it like a fashion show of cars... designers showing off their ideas, many of which won't ever make it to production or on the roads.

Indpowr 07-14-2009 07:12 PM

That is why DSV Customs is trying to come out with many parts as we can to make the car more exotic feeling/smelling

Tjin Edition Camaro 07-14-2009 07:24 PM

The Tjin Editoin Camaro will have the show and go aspect, but there will be numerous parts found on our Camaro that the general public will be able to afford and purchase for their Camaro. Many of these manufactures see the popularity of the Camaro and are looking to make products for them. SEMA will be great place to see many high profile Camaro's and it will be a great thing for the GM brand!

69 Hugger 07-14-2009 07:30 PM

Aside from the factory support, the SEMA auto show stands out because of the almost limitless number of small companies that come to Vegas to show off their latest new products. Products and the cars give others ideas of what can be done and sold to the public.

Restroom 07-14-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tran (Post 679858)
For example, Neil Tjin's "Tjin Edition Modern Hot Rod Chevy Camaro" will feature custom iForged 3-piece wheels wrapped in Falken tires; SSBC brakes; Air Lift suspension and a custom-built engine with JE pistons, Vortech supercharger, BDL accessories, MagnaFlow exhaust, American Racing headers and a Nitrous Express setup. The interior will feature GlowShift gauges, be carbon fiber trimmed with Status Racing carbon fiber seats and fitted with a Realm Audio system, as well as a Webasto sunroof.

Wait wait wait... this is going to be enough of a beast to warrant air bags and carbon-fibre seats, yet they're going to install a sunroof?! Why would you do that to a car so obviously designed for the strip? Reducing torsional rigidity, adding mass, and destroying cockpit safety? Come on, you must have meant a rollcage or lexan windows or a fire-suppression system or something besides... a sunroof!