Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hot Rod Power Tour 2014 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332808)

HP_Therapy 03-13-2014 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeokie (Post 7428105)
We have planned to stay at some hotels together or close to each other on the route. Most of us are going up Saturday morning. We'll probably be meeting to head up together, depending on what happens in the interim. Let us know if you want to join up.

Will do. Plan to get registered this week.

2SS4JAS 03-15-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colemanvoice (Post 7488944)
I've pretty much been cleared to make the Power Tour from work. It's not in the calander, yet, but I spoke with my manager about it. He said we'll work it out and to "not worry about it". That is some darn good news to me!

Good for you Dan, I know what's it's like to get a new boss, I'm getting one soon, put in for my vacation before the other left, hope there's no problems with whoever they bring in

driser 03-16-2014 12:06 PM

HRPT

That is good news Dan.

Looking forward to June.

el ess A 03-16-2014 01:05 PM

Arrgh! SO close, yet so far. Right before we're taking vacation to Vegas! I'm going to check into this, but there's about a 1% chance of making even the first two legs. Would be sweet!

TORKED 04-03-2014 11:21 AM

HRPT 14

1 Attachment(s)
Long hauler this year. Driving from Madison, WI to NC then all the way back. Having baby #2 this November, so I figured it has to happen now.

colemanvoice 04-03-2014 05:47 PM

In anticipation:

(I don't know why it only gave me the link. Don't be turned off, check it out...Do drop down to video 6 to start though, out of order)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI3e...70HQfh4b5L3Qlv

dianeokie 04-03-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colemanvoice (Post 7551268)
In anticipation:

(I don't know why it only gave me the link. Don't be turned off, check it out...Do drop down to video 6 to start though, out of order)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI3e...70HQfh4b5L3Qlv

Here you are

colemanvoice 04-04-2014 04:07 PM

:thumbsup:

dianeokie 04-30-2014 10:28 PM

HRPT is getting close:clap2:

Here's my reservations:

Charlotte 6/6 and 6/7- Homewood Suites University Place
Knoxville 6/8 - Hampton Inn in Dandridge
Charleston 6/9- Wingate by Wyndam
Norwalk (Fremont) OH 6/10- Comfort Suites
Crown Point (Schererville)IN 6/11 - Hampton Inn Schererville
Bettendorf 6/12- Hampton Inn Davenport
Wisconsin Dells 6/13- Baker's Sunset Bay Resort

:happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:

driser 05-01-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeokie (Post 7627726)
HRPT is getting close:clap2:

Here's my reservations:

Charlotte 6/6 and 6/7- Homewood Suites University Place
Knoxville 6/8 - Hampton Inn in Dandridge
Charleston 6/9- Wingate by Wyndam
Norwalk (Fremont) OH 6/10- Comfort Suites

:happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:

I have all of the same except in Charleston and I still need to get my room in Ohio.

Looking forward to the long haul.

Who is going to Charlotte on Saturday, and for those experienced ones what time should I get there on Saturday

dianeokie 05-01-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driser (Post 7628213)
I have all of the same except in Charleston and I still need to get my room in Ohio.

Looking forward to the long haul.

Who is going to Charlotte on Saturday, and for those experienced ones what time should I get there on Saturday

I'm probably going Friday, but I'd get there early Saturday. You need to register and then I usually try to visit a lot of the vendors that day so that I don't have so many places to visit at the other venues. I can look at cars and visit with more people if I get some of this done on Saturday!

musclecargirl 05-01-2014 11:20 PM

Musclecargirl, guy, and boy will head out Saturday.

driser 05-02-2014 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musclecargirl (Post 7630421)
Musclecargirl, guy, and boy will head out Saturday.

I-85 and Hwy 53 (Braselton) is a good place to meet for anyone that wants to drive up together. There is a Cracker Barrel there (I know muscle big boy needs him some breakfast), and we can figure out a time when it gets closer.

dianeokie 05-03-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee (Post 7631172)
I will be joining in at this leg of the tour

Please look for us and we'll look for you. You've actually found the same hotels we're staying in!

dianeokie 05-03-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee (Post 7633295)
Will do - look for the bright Yellow Camaro traveling with the guys from Year One.

I'm pretty close to Year One. I've known Pat Staton for years. So glad they are still active with HRPT.

driser 05-05-2014 05:00 PM

Did anyone sign up for the movie cruise in Knoxville?

dianeokie 05-05-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driser (Post 7639276)
Did anyone sign up for the movie cruise in Knoxville?

I did, although it's the opposite way of the hotel. The one last year in Ft Worth was a blast!:thumbsup:

DragRacerX 05-11-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeokie (Post 7398873)
David and I have agreed on the Baker's Sunset Bay Resort and I paid the deposit today. $240, we'll owe the other tax and charges (about $40). It has 2 regular beds, 2 bunk beds and a sofa bed. Please let me know if you're interested in splitting cost and sharing the room. If you go on the website it's room type A1.

Diane, I indicated I would be interested in sharing costs / splitting the room in Wisconsin Dell (as did 2SS4JAS) but have heard nothing more about it. Do I need to book my own room or have I been included with your and driser's booking? I am also interested in info about the Knoxville Movie Cruise. How /where did you become aware of it? Have I missed a site that tells of side events on the HRPT? Thanking You In Advance...

Steve Dallas 05-11-2014 01:41 PM

I may very well do this.

I get my Stingray on the 28th, so I shouldn't have problems going.

driser 05-11-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragRacerX (Post 7655328)
Diane, I indicated I would be interested in sharing costs / splitting the room in Wisconsin Dell (as did 2SS4JAS) but have heard nothing more about it. Do I need to book my own room or have I been included with your and driser's booking? I am also interested in info about the Knoxville Movie Cruise. How /where did you become aware of it? Have I missed a site that tells of side events on the HRPT? Thanking You In Advance...

Diane and I took care of the condo in Wisconsin so you can settle up with us once on the tour. I think there are five of us sharing the condo.

The Knoxville cruise sold out last week.

It will be here before we know it

GMteSSted 05-11-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

How /where did you become aware of it? Have I missed a site that tells of side events on the HRPT? Thanking You In Advance...

Any one have this answer?

scottcolem 05-11-2014 10:23 PM

i am going to do charlotte, knokville and charleston this year. itll be the first power tour for me

DragRacerX 05-12-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driser (Post 7655597)
Diane and I took care of the condo in Wisconsin so you can settle up with us once on the tour. I think there are five of us sharing the condo.

The Knoxville cruise sold out last week.

It will be here before we know it

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply and including me!

the_breeze 05-12-2014 08:34 PM

ET Camaro Show

East Tennessee Camaro Club is having a Camaro / Firebird car show June 7th, at the same location that the Power Tour will be located. So, if you are not lucky enough to be in the Tour, come join us on the 7th and see the Tour roll in on the 8th. More info: http://www.etcamaroclub.com/car-show---2014.html

dianeokie 05-12-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMteSSted (Post 7656127)
Any one have this answer?

Sorry, thought we had posted up about the room.....back a page or two maybe?

As far as the movie night, Hot Rod sent out an email last week and I assuming it was to everyone who has pre-registered. You might want to check with Family Events if you haven't received a confirmation email or any other type of communication and make sure you are registered.

Steve Dallas 05-13-2014 08:44 AM

Just registered for the Long Haul...so will be doing the whole tour.

caramaro1969 05-13-2014 08:57 AM

my eleventh long haul this year, i plan on taking my yellow ss if i can get my kooks swapped to magnaflow on time or i will be in my yellow c6 z06 again, and will be parked with magnaflow as usual

driser 05-14-2014 02:09 PM

Ok finally got around to getting my last hotel room (Ohio), so I am set .

As stated earlier, I am heading to Charlotte on Saturday, so between now and then if anyone wants to travel up with me post here.

Also, if anyone hears of extra things to do/see on the trip post that as well. See y'all in a few weeks

dianeokie 05-14-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caramaro1969 (Post 7660120)
my eleventh long haul this year, i plan on taking my yellow ss if i can get my kooks swapped to magnaflow on time or i will be in my yellow c6 z06 again, and will be parked with magnaflow as usual

Think I remember meeting you last year. Didn't you trade out the car partway through the tour?

Quote:

Originally Posted by driser (Post 7664033)
Ok finally got around to getting my last hotel room (Ohio), so I am set .

As stated earlier, I am heading to Charlotte on Saturday, so between now and then if anyone wants to travel up with me post here.

Also, if anyone hears of extra things to do/see on the trip post that as well. See y'all in a few weeks

What I have heard of is:
Muscle Car museum in Sevierville, TN on the way to Knoxville
John Dillinger site - I think in Indiana
Antique Archeology in Iowa

driser 05-15-2014 09:11 AM

Those all sound good.

Steve Dallas 05-15-2014 10:48 AM

So I'm new to doing the power tour. Still have yet to set up hotel rooms, though I'll do that over the next couple of days...I may try to use the ones listed earlier.

Do the cars generally stay together, or do you just make your own way to the next city. I prefer back roads to major highways, so I'm curious how much of that will be happening. Example...would the route take you over The Snake or The Dragons Tail?

I'm not looking to go fast...it's just I prefer to go the road less traveled.

dianeokie 05-15-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Dallas (Post 7666556)
So I'm new to doing the power tour. Still have yet to set up hotel rooms, though I'll do that over the next couple of days...I may try to use the ones listed earlier.

Do the cars generally stay together, or do you just make your own way to the next city. I prefer back roads to major highways, so I'm curious how much of that will be happening. Example...would the route take you over The Snake or The Dragons Tail?

I'm not looking to go fast...it's just I prefer to go the road less traveled.

The road less traveled, except for HRPT participants, is what we take. Very few major highways. There are usually small groups of cars together, some take other detours along the way, leave a different times, but you end up at some of the same gas stations, etc. There's a tour route, but you can change up whatever you want. Be sure to be at the venue to get your credentials stamped for the long hauler award if you're doing that. If you go to Bangshift.com you can get lots of info under the Hot Rod Power Tour thread.

Steve Dallas 05-15-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeokie (Post 7666687)
The road less traveled, except for HRPT participants, is what we take. Very few major highways. There are usually small groups of cars together, some take other detours along the way, leave a different times, but you end up at some of the same gas stations, etc. There's a tour route, but you can change up whatever you want. Be sure to be at the venue to get your credentials stamped for the long hauler award if you're doing that. If you go to Bangshift.com you can get lots of info under the Hot Rod Power Tour thread.

I actually signed up the 80 bucks to register for what I thought was the full tour (including the Long Haul)...

So, I'm not sure if that means I do have to stick to a set route then?

What's really going to be weird is doing this tour in essentially a new car. I'm so used to my Google Maps and how I get from point to point with that. I'm hoping the Mylink navigation will do ok. The thing about the Audi Google Maps is I can set it to prefer to not take highways. Over the last year, I've seen some very cool back roads all across America because of that. We'll see how the Stingray does...I think it has other good qualities I'll like over my Audi :)

guns2go 05-15-2014 10:18 PM

3rd tour this year...and a new ZL1 for the ride. back roads, and side trips with groups definitely make the whole thing my favorite annual event. I usually pick hotels out of town in the direction of the next stop...don't mind cruising at night and I find it helps with traffic to let the group get to where I am in the morning and then tag on.
3 weeks!!!!

dianeokie 05-15-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Dallas (Post 7667374)
I actually signed up the 80 bucks to register for what I thought was the full tour (including the Long Haul)...

So, I'm not sure if that means I do have to stick to a set route then?

What's really going to be weird is doing this tour in essentially a new car. I'm so used to my Google Maps and how I get from point to point with that. I'm hoping the Mylink navigation will do ok. The thing about the Audi Google Maps is I can set it to prefer to not take highways. Over the last year, I've seen some very cool back roads all across America because of that. We'll see how the Stingray does...I think it has other good qualities I'll like over my Audi :)

That $80 is for the long haul, which gets you credentials for swag, etc. You don't have to stick to a set route, just get to the venue and clock in, then check out all the cool vendors, products, show cars, participant cars and make new friends. You'll meet some great people from all over the place that will become good friends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by guns2go (Post 7668649)
3rd tour this year...and a new ZL1 for the ride. back roads, and side trips with groups definitely make the whole thing my favorite annual event. I usually pick hotels out of town in the direction of the next stop...don't mind cruising at night and I find it helps with traffic to let the group get to where I am in the morning and then tag on.
3 weeks!!!!

For example, guns2go.............friend of mine!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee (Post 7668698)
Just curious is anyone bringing a spare tire with them ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have offset tires, which would you bring? I had a flat on the way to Texas last year. Got to the dealer early in the morning and they picked one up for me in a neighboring town and put it on. Expensive, but you gotta pay to play..........:doh: