Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Shno's House of Z (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48453)

2cnd chance 01-05-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 7311688)
Looking forward to the when BMW uses either the Mustang or Camaro for their benchmarks.

M3 is only a bit over 400 HP if I remember correctly. Any V8 Camaro or Mustang is already in their for lap times, particularly a Boss or 1LE.

Ther is more to benchmarking a BMW chassis than just lap times. And we haven't seen the M4 yet either.

True.

LOWDOWN 01-05-2014 03:40 PM

Keep in mind, too, the ATS Sport is acquainting itself quite well against the current 3-Series offerings...which bodes very well for the Gen-6 Camaro's development, as I'm sure it's level of expectation, in certain forms, will be well-beyond the ATS...

Number 3 01-05-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOWDOWN (Post 7311717)
Keep in mind, too, the ATS Sport is acquainting itself quite well against the current 3-Series offerings...which bodes very well for the Gen-6 Camaro's development, as I'm sure it's level of expectation, in certain forms, will be well-beyond the ATS...

We may get a peek if we see an ATS coupe and V series if those are on track as rumored.

2cnd chance 01-05-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOWDOWN (Post 7311717)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 7311765)
We may get a peek if we see an ATS coupe and V series if those are on track as rumored.

Yes and yes again. :thumbsup:

trademaster 01-05-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 7311688)
Looking forward to the when BMW uses either the Mustang or Camaro for their benchmarks.

M3 is only a bit over 400 HP if I remember correctly. Any V8 Camaro or Mustang is already in their for lap times, particularly a Boss or 1LE.

Ther is more to benchmarking a BMW chassis than just lap times. And we haven't seen the M4 yet either.

M4 is going to be very lightweight.

It is also important to keep in mind that grip and handling are not the same thing. You can put a gutted and stiff Mitsubishi on 3XX mm Hoosiers and have more absolute grip than a lotus cup car on r compounds, but it isn't going to be a lotus cup car.

Number 3 01-05-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trademaster (Post 7312394)
M4 is going to be very lightweight.

It is also important to keep in mind that grip and handling are not the same thing. You can put a gutted and stiff Mitsubishi on 3XX mm Hoosiers and have more absolute grip than a lotus cup car on r compounds, but it isn't going to be a lotus cup car.

And it would probably ride like poo

Number 3 01-05-2014 10:33 PM

Ahhhhhhhh needed to come in The House for a breath. A lot of angst and curmudgeonly behavior out in the pricing thread. Commonly understood business practices don't seem to apply when it comes to the Camaro.

ShnOmac 01-05-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 7313164)
Ahhhhhhhh needed to come in The House for a breath. A lot of angst and curmudgeonly behavior out in the pricing thread. Commonly understood business practices don't seem to apply when it comes to the Camaro.

:word:

I don't know why I keep trying..... :facepalm:

mlee 01-05-2014 10:47 PM

I'm wore out...:fighting0030:

Have to say I totally anticipated this. All the 60k numbers that kept flying around. And not just on this forum. I really thought mid 80's so this got me excited.

I have the #1 allocation at an MSRP only dealer here but the Recaro seats are going to be a problem. The side bolsters hit me right in the sides and when I mention swapping them out my wife goes nuts because she's in love with those seats.

Ughhhhh...:faint:

tramtwo 01-05-2014 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 7313164)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 7313187)
I'm wore out...:fighting0030:

Have to say I totally anticipated this. All the 60k numbers that kept flying around. And not just on this forum. I really thought mid 80's so this got me excited.

I have the #1 allocation at an MSRP only dealer here but the Recaro seats are going to be a problem. The side bolsters hit me right in the sides and when I mention swapping them out my wife goes nuts because she's in love with those seats.

Ughhhhh...:faint:

Driver mod.... :confused0068:

Time to start drinking raw eggs and jumping rope... good luck!! :bonk:

wildpaws 01-06-2014 07:48 AM

I'm not surprised by the negative comments in the pricing thread, it was to be expected. My take is that Chevrolet did a great job of putting together an awesome Z/28 package that directly relates to the Z/28 heritage, I fully understand why the pricing is what it is (and I think it is a bargain for everything that is in the package). The only regret I have is that I will not be able to squeeze a new Z/28 into my budget, I have wanted a 5th gen Z/28 ever since the 5th gen prototype was first shown at the Detroit Auto Show way back. As a former 1st gen Z/28 owner, I've loved the Z/28 for a long time, just won't be able to have the new version.
Clyde

mlee 01-06-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tramtwo (Post 7313287)
Driver mod.... :confused0068:

Time to start drinking raw eggs and jumping rope... good luck!! :bonk:

I really think the seats are going to kill the deal. I hate to give up the guaranteed slot, but driver weight reduction is in order.

I seriously think anyone over 180 is going to have problems with these seats.

2cnd chance 01-06-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 7313884)
I really think the seats are going to kill the deal. I hate to give up the guaranteed slot, but driver weight reduction is in order.

I seriously think anyone over 180 is going to have problems with these seats.

Really? I'm 6'3" 225 with a 34" waist, go or no go?

mkorgan 01-06-2014 12:51 PM

I have a feeling that the argument about price is going to be moot as I would bet they do not make more than 2500 of them. At that #, price is irrelevant as there will be plenty of people who want one and have the money that will not have the connections to actually get one. Me for example, I have the desire and wallet but not the connections so I am most likely out. The way FBODFATHER talked in the pricing string, once the final time and quantity #'s come out, everyone complaining about price will shut up.