Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Camaro Color Vote: RESULTS (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12052)

Mr. Wyndham 01-21-2009 12:39 AM

Camaro Color Vote: RESULTS

First off, let me say to each and every one of you who participated:

THANK YOU! :clap:

The voting was a hit with John F., and you guys were wonderful in the thread. No long conversations, very few mistakes (really!), and an overall professional job on the thing. It made it SOooo much easier to collect. So again, thanks so much!!

Then, I want to thank John, Cheryl, and Scott for including us(the Camaro community) in this research. As I told them, this inclusion of the enthusiast community is part the reason I stay so faithful to Camaro, Chevy, and GM in general -- and I'm sure some of you share my feelings. I mean; name another car that's had this much enthusiast involvement during development, and came out looking, feeling, and sounding so great. The Camaro really is unique in that aspect. It's the passion and friendliness with which the Camaro team, and the company seems to do business these days that's going to put them ahead, imo. And we are all first-hand witnesses to this renaissance. :chevy:

But...without further ado --- the RESULTS!!!

We had Six-Hundred and Forty-six people rank the Camaro colors in that thread.......yep...read it again:
646!!!

And the Colors were ranked as follows:

Black..........................7.06
Summit White...............4.24
Rally Yellow..................4.28
Victory Red
Cyber Gray Metallic
Silver Ice Metallic
Inferno Orange Metallic...5.44
Red Jewel Tinticoat
Aqua Blue Metallic
Imperial Blue Metallic

Here's a more "colorful" excel spreadsheet. It's version 1997-2003, so almost anyone should be able to open it. Thanks going out to GM'r_For_Life for giving me the idea to make all the color breakdown pages, and thanks goes out to Camaropete for the use of his pie chart! :clap:

Excel Spreadsheet

Thanks again, everybody!!!:D:thumbsup:

SIK07GTSTANG 01-21-2009 12:40 AM

What about Inferno Orange Metallic?

jeffny09 01-21-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 256757)
First off, let me say to each and every one of you who participated:

THANK YOU! :clap:

The voting was a hit with John F., and you guys were wonderful in the thread. No long conversations, very few mistakes (really!), and an overall professional job on the thing. It made it SOooo much easier to collect. So again, thanks so much!!

Then, I want to thank John, Cheryl, and Scott for including us(the Camaro community) in this research. As I told them, this inclusion of the enthusiast community is part the reason I stay so faithful to Camaro, Chevy, and GM in general -- and I'm sure some of you share my feelings. I mean; name another car that's had this much enthusiast involvement during development, and came out looking, feeling, and sounding so great. The Camaro really is unique in that aspect. It's the passion and friendliness with which the Camaro team, and the company seems to do business these days that's going to put them ahead, imo. And we are all first-hand witnesses to this renaissance. :chevy:

But...without further ado --- the RESULTS!!!

We had Six-Hundred and Forty-six people rank the Camaro colors in that thread.......yep...read it again:
646!!!

And the Colors were ranked as follows:

Black..........................7.06
Summit White...............4.24
Rally Yellow..................4.28
Victory Red
Cyber Gray Metallic
Silver Ice Metallic
Red Jewel Tinticoat
Aqua Blue Metallic
Imperial Blue Metallic

A more "colorful" Excel spreadsheet attachment will be included shortly. When it's available (expected sometime tomorrow), I'll update the OP, and bump the thread.

Thanks again, everybody!!!:D:thumbsup:

cgm and black rule!!!:headbang:

ArcAngel 01-21-2009 12:41 AM

dragoneye your missing IOM???

headpunter 01-21-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG (Post 256759)
What about Inferno Orange Metallic?

no one liked it and because of those numbers gm will no longer offer it, im sorry

Milk 1027 01-21-2009 12:44 AM

You are mising IOM and the numbers are actually closer than I thought they would.

Mr. Wyndham 01-21-2009 12:44 AM

What are you all talking about? IOM was there all the time........;)

:laugh: Sorry. *fixed. :thumbsup:

ArcAngel 01-21-2009 12:45 AM

nice lol........ poor white lol

Camaro68 01-21-2009 12:45 AM

thank you

for an awesome forum :thumbsup: :w00t: :chevy:

TaylorRyanSS 01-21-2009 12:47 AM

:clap: yes white got last... more for me :bellyroll:

saw that one coming

TAG UR IT 01-21-2009 12:48 AM

Let me echo Dragoneye in his thanks.

Guys, we were very fortunate when asked to do this.

Thanks for all the responses...and thanks for keeping the chatting to a minimum!

Hopefully we can participate in something like this again for GM in the near future.;)

...and thank you John for asking for our input!

ArcAngel 01-21-2009 12:51 AM

Thank you guys for having this awesome forum. It is my favorite place on the web. I barely visit GMI anymore

KILLER74Z28 01-21-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 256783)
Let me echo Dragoneye in his thanks.

Guys, we were very fortunate when asked to do this.

Thanks for all the responses...and thanks for keeping the chatting to a minimum!

Hopefully we can participate in something like this again for GM in the near future.;)

...and thank you John for asking for our input!

+1... Big thanks to all the members who participated. This is what makes this such a great place to hang out... :respekt:

Remember, it is a great honor to help GM out. ;)

stovt001 01-21-2009 01:15 AM

Fascinating how close they all come. I'm glad a few didn't blow all the rest out. Then I'd be worried they would limit our choices.

Boba Vette 01-21-2009 01:58 AM

Oh yeah, CGM w/black stripes FTW!

TheCavalry 01-21-2009 03:47 AM

very nice. it was a lot closer than i though it would be.

Silver Streak 01-21-2009 03:54 AM

Wow that was pretty close throughout! I wonder what that poll would be like if we actually had a CGM camaro to see? It might get a few more votes, maybe. Pretty cool poll, thanks for letting us participate!

:headbang:

SScattergunSS 01-21-2009 04:13 AM

1st___Black
2nd___Cyber Gray Metallic
3rd___Imperial Blue Metallic
4th___Silver Ice Metallic
5th___Victory Red
6th___Inferno Orange Metallic
7th___Red Jewel Tintcoat
8th___Aqua Blue Metallic
9th___Rally Yellow
10th__Summit White

linkwpc 01-21-2009 07:37 AM

To bad white got last, but wow it IOM beat it! That's suprising!

JJ#48Racing 01-21-2009 07:46 AM

That was closer than I thought. But if you look at which colors made it into the 7's, the 5's and the 4's, it's about what I expected. Black and CGM clearly the winners here.

69 rs/ss 01-21-2009 08:12 AM

Thanks for the data

Inspector 17 01-21-2009 08:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dragoneye and all, here is a little graphical representation of the results for everyone. I think this really shows just how close it was. BTW, I am trying to overlay the exact colors on the graph, but that is taking a little more work.

Attachment 13192

UCF w00t 01-21-2009 08:23 AM

Hmmm. It looks like there's gonna be tons of CGM roaming the streets. Potentially enough to change my choice. Hmmmm.......

Silver Streak 01-21-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaropete (Post 256933)
Dragoneye and all, here is a little graphical representation of the results for everyone. I think this really shows just how close it was. BTW, I am trying to overlay the exact colors on the graph, but that is taking a little more work.

Attachment 13192

Very nice. Thanks. Very evenly cut too.

Inspector 17 01-21-2009 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Chart redone using the actual colors as shown on the Chevy Camaro site. I am not sure I like this version any more than the other one, but thought I would post it anyway.

Attachment 13193

CamaroSSforme 01-21-2009 08:49 AM

Thankfully I chose wisely. My thoughts were to pick something that wouldn't be on every other Camaro...but that I would still like

RJT rules

350 HRSS 01-21-2009 10:04 AM

Wow...I am surprised! Black and Silver ranked very high! Well, that means there won't be as many IOM out there ;) Thanks for giving us the chance to participate in this :)

Now when can you tell us WHY they wanted this survey? Do they want to have their paint booths set up and all ready to go? :D

Inspector 17 01-21-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS (Post 257033)
Wow...I am surprised! Black and Silver ranked very high! Well, that means there won't be as many IOM out there ;) Thanks for giving us the chance to participate in this :)

Now when can you tell us WHY they wanted this survey? Do they want to have their paint booths set up and all ready to go? :D

I was wondering the same thing. But they should have even more information on ordered colors (sample size of 10,000 versus 646) than we gathered here. I was wondering if they were considering dropping some color options, but that doesn't really make much sense either. For example, if the Malibu is getting Summit White, it shouldn't be any increased expense to have it for the Camaro. BTW, not trying to start any rumors here. Just thinking out loud. :iono:

Rodrunner 01-21-2009 10:30 AM

Nice pie, Pete!!! :thumbsup: Second one is more readable, at least on my monitor. Thanks!

1967rsss 01-21-2009 10:31 AM

I thought IOM would have ranked higher. I like the Cyber Gray best.

The biggest surprise to me was yellow. I love the transformers yellow, very tough looking, and hate the rally yellow, too light. But there was seemed to be so many people on this forum that love rally yellow, I figured it was just me.

I was very torn when ordering between, Cyber Grey, Inferno Orange, and Imperial Blue. I liked the IOM, but wasn't sure if I would in a year, and my wife wasn't keen on the way it looked in pictures, and neither was I. But it looked a lot better when we had more outdoor pictures, it really changes colors. IBM is a little too dark, almost black, and I didn't want to fight the scratch's and dirt. My wife loves silver, and I normally do too, but I'm tired of it already, it's all they can do is keep pushing it on us. I feel it's gotten boring, and plain. So even though we haven't seen CGM on a Camaro, it looks great on a vette, and changes colors in different lighting. I fell it will look great, and timeless for years to come.

1967rsss 01-21-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSSforme (Post 256956)
Thankfully I chose wisely. My thoughts were to pick something that wouldn't be on every other Camaro...but that I would still like

RJT rules

I think it looks great, just not a red car guy.

ablanco 01-21-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 (Post 256781)
:clap: yes white got last... more for me :bellyroll:

saw that one coming

I second that :paddle:

lakestar 01-21-2009 11:24 AM

I figured IOM would be in the middle, it's kind of a love or hate thing, i figured about 50/50, but the distribution graph would be high on both ends and low in the middle. Do you think we could have distribution graphs for all 10 colors? It would be interesting.

TAG UR IT 01-21-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS (Post 257033)
Thanks for giving us the chance to participate in this :)

1. You are welcome!
2. 01-15-2009, 12:27 PM
3. No.
Quote:

Originally Posted by camaropete (Post 257055)
I was wondering the same thing. But they should have even more information on ordered colors (sample size of 10,000 versus 646) than we gathered here. I was wondering if they were considering dropping some color options, but that doesn't really make much sense either. For example, if the Malibu is getting Summit White, it shouldn't be any increased expense to have it for the Camaro. BTW, not trying to start any rumors here. Just thinking out loud. :iono:

Sokay. Just read my previous explanation below on why they wanted the data.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 248961)
The colors with the least amount of points will be classified as the least popular and might face getting axed for the next year model run. By no means does the outcome guarantee the color getting axed, but it is going to help GM determine whether or not they should keep it....(1,000 opinions or more vs. the primary team - and two other sites were asked to do this as well to get the best response for the Camaro team.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=11720&page=14

:thumbsup:

camarolt76 01-21-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaropete (Post 257055)

I am going to go ahead and throw out a theory for what they will use the survey results for. They want to determine how many of each color Camaro V6 cars will be sent to the dealers as the demo cars when production starts.:chevy::popcorn:

CamaroSSforme 01-21-2009 11:48 AM

oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE AX RJT for next year GM.

It would only make mine all that rarer.

The_Stache 01-21-2009 11:58 AM

White better make it until I can get mine.

blackZbandit 01-21-2009 12:00 PM

Hmmm... methinks I'll be changing my color... black will be far too 'common'

RS/SSYellowJacket 01-21-2009 12:07 PM

I was out of town and didn't get to vote but looks like my favorite color blue is soild 3rd. lookes pretty even for most though.

StoutFiles 01-21-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Hmmm... methinks I'll be changing my color... black will be far too 'common'
Get what you want, not because others are/aren't getting it. In a few years Camaro's will be everywhere and in every color.