Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums -

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - (
-   USA - Texas (
-   -   Should I wait/order or pay a premium? (

oldag92 06-27-2009 08:43 AM

Should I wait/order or pay a premium?
Hey everyone. I am new to the forum but have been "stalking" for a bit. I live pretty close to Classic in Grapevine and was going to go in the next few days and order a Camaro since I have read great things about them and they don't sell above msrp.

I have an agent at a local leasing company who has been looking for a Camaro for me, and she called last night and said she got a call on a Victory Red 2SS/RS with black leather that will be delivered within the next few days; it was an order that the buyer just backed out of. The price would be $2k over msrp; she is confident that the car will sell today if I don't jump on it, as the dealer is advertising it already. It is being held until later this morning for me to make a decision.

Normally I wouldn't even consider paying over msrp because I think it is wrong for dealers to charge a premium, but seeing the numbers of backlogged orders, I am wondering if I should jump on this deal to have a car next week, or if it makes more sense to wait. The whole "good things come to those who wait" comes to mind, but the carrot is dangling in front of me. My first new car as a teen was a 1987 Camaro...I have been waiting for the 2010 since the day I heard it would be produced.

For those of you who are ordering now, how long are you being told the wait is?

Originally, I was looking for a 2LT, IOM with the IO interior. But having an SS/RS dangled in front of me is KILLING me.

Any thoughts?

67 Convertible 06-27-2009 08:50 AM

You do what you want...I personally would not pay over msrp for ANY car. There are plenty of honest dealers out there selling at msrp, don't let yourself get ripped off.

If you order: 1) make sure the dealer has allocation, if they don't, you could wait months before GM sets your order into the cue for production. 2) Make sure you get in writing, that the dealer will sell at msrp. I would say that if you ordered today, you'd see your car in 10 weeks or less (if the dealer has an allocation)

Check my sig to see my progress, I hoping to take delivery on my car before next weekend. Good luck!!

oldag92 06-27-2009 01:42 PM

I let the 2SS/RS go. It was tough, but I just couldn't justify paying two grand over MSRP. I have a message in to Eric at classic to see what he can do.

ShAgMaN 06-28-2009 09:32 AM

Right on!!!! With a little wait, you'll get he car ment for you at MSRP! Plus I've heard good things about that dealer - Classic. Like 67 Conv. said, GET IT IN WRITTING. I didnt and almost got screwed.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.