Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Ozzy's 2013 2SS/1LE - Akula (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277596)

OzzySS 07-24-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSXaddict (Post 6816022)
Did the new part kill HSA?

I can't confirm it firsthand since I have to replace the harness going into the sensor, but I know several other people have used it and have had no problems yet. Damaged my harness (not the sensor like i initially thought) when I drilled the cupholder to route my wires, so I've been driving without HSA, stabilitrack, traction control, etc...they're all tied into it.

OzzySS 08-09-2013 08:56 PM

well, after reading about several other pfadt header installs, and some more emails from pfadt, it seems that my car is just the odd one out. best solution? shift my subframe a little to get it further from the steering shaft...then go get an alignment before i tear the crap out of my tires. don't really have the money to spare for it right now tho, so that'll go in the near-future. right now it looks like the rubber is still holding up, and i just don't drive it very much, and literally can't drive it very far...and i just remembered it's about time to check it for exhaust leaks/re-torque...so much to do...
also still waiting on the new connector for my yaw sensor...my dad made some for me, but then they went on vacation, lol...

AndrewMinhas 08-22-2013 06:37 AM

fog lights

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by OzzySS (Post 6275367)
Well, I got both headlights open. Tried to open the fogs but it sounded like I was about to break them so I'm stopping for the night so I can still get my workout in.
If anybody's got advice on opening the foglights I'd appreciate it :)

the don't come apart with heat you actually have to cut them open.

SilverSlayer-SS 08-22-2013 08:23 AM

Looking great, sounds great as well

OzzySS 08-23-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewMinhas (Post 6927407)
the don't come apart with heat you actually have to cut them open.

Yeah I figured that out a long time ago, and decided to put the fog halos up around the hids. Thanks anyway : thumb:

OzzySS 08-23-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS (Post 6927654)
Looking great, sounds great as well

Thanks bud. Looking into a cam for next year, oughta improve the sound even more :D

SilverSlayer-SS 08-23-2013 02:57 AM

Sure it will :popcorn:

steph09 09-12-2013 10:37 PM

Your car looks awesome man, great mods.

OzzySS 09-12-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steph09 (Post 6999256)
Your car looks awesome man, great mods.

Thanks! I'm enjoying it :headbang: Have you done anything besides the SS badges yet?

Since I'm here, might as well update - I received orders to Mayport, FL last week. Reporting in May next year. So, I guess I don't have to worry about winter tires/wheels for another few years :D But i need to start looking into how much it'll cost to ship one of my cars there...it might be better if i sell off the cavalier out here. I'm sure I could get a better price for it in Hawaii...

OzzySS 09-12-2013 10:56 PM

Also, I started on my vent covers last night...gonna drill and paint them soon, this is just a test fit. Pretty good fit, my long edges could be a little straighter, but good enough for part-time duty
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/13/edesu8ud.jpg

OzzySS 10-13-2013 01:37 PM

Whoops, I've been updating in the 11/12 1LE thread instead of here again...finished the vent covers. They look decent, and did the job when I washed the car a week ago.
Went to line up the HIDs last weekend too...got the driver side adjusted, but something snapped in the passenger side housing as I was adjusting it upwards. Fortunately, I found a relatively cheap replacement assembly on amazon, and already have here waiting for prep work. So, guess ill take advantage of the holiday weekend and get started today...

OzzySS 10-21-2013 04:59 AM

More news...

Got the next headlight, and during disassembly, managed to break the little plastic piece in the adjuster bolt in the housing...the ONE piece that I actually needed. Not sure if I can fix that or not...so I've shelved the project for now until I decide what I want to do. In the meantime, my lights work, and the drivers side is fine, so it's not like I can't drive at night.

This weekend I finally got the car back on the lift and torqued my header clamps again. Driver side was pretty dang loose! Also saw just how much that stupid garage and driveway were scratching things up at the old place...oh yeah, I moved at the end of September, if I didn't mention that :D much happier with the new place.
And my curiosity finally got the better of me, so I finally hooked up my diablo trinity handheld to the car. It's more powerful than I thought, there were quite a few parameters in the tune I could play with. I settled for turning off my cats, tuning out the cags (even tho I've got the sse), and using the canned performance tune. I didn't know what a lot of the things were, so I left them alone...I needed the car to start so I could take it out to the show later that day! Lol

dgreenberg 10-26-2013 09:50 PM

Love your build thread man! I wish I kept one of my car haha

OzzySS 11-03-2013 12:27 PM

Haha thanks man...haven't been around much. Trying to keep from doing much more to the car due to the upcoming transfer.
But, I did finally solder a connector to the wire that I broke when I drilled through the center console, and I now have my nannies back, minus HSA because I did swap out my yaw sensor. Of course, as it happens I moved to a much flatter city out here, and Florida doesn't exactly have mountainous terrain either...oh well...

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk