Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Less compliments over time? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206688)

scuba264 03-01-2012 02:22 PM

Less compliments over time?

Have people noticed a drop in the number of compliments after you've owned it for a while? Now I'm not some toolbag who really even cares, but I thought about it today as I drove through an Arbys drivethru at lunch.

When I first got the car just over a year ago last December, I was ALWAYS having someone say something about it. That Arbys for example, on two different trips had the person working the window stop and tell me how awesome my car was. I remember a 50+ woman in the parking lot of a shopping mall walk by me and tell me how much she loved the Camaros.

Its been like 6 months at least since someone has gone out of their way to say something. It had been out for a year+ before I got mine, but has the novelty kinda worn off now? Do I not keep the paint as pristine as it first was so less impressive? Just funny to realize that today.

TJ91 03-01-2012 02:25 PM

Yeah the novelty has worn off a bit but it still depends. Most people have seen alot of Camaros but I still get compliments on the regular.
Mod your Camaro and it will get more attention

PAUL SS 03-01-2012 02:26 PM

I was still getting them last October before I garaged it for the winter, but then again mine is Aqua Blue Metallic!

myold88 03-01-2012 02:28 PM

When I got mine in August of '09 I swear I was almost stopping traffic. It drew crowds at car shows and everywhere I went. Not so much now as everyone interested has probably seen a few. I think this new Camaro is still the best looking car on the road and that's all that's important to me.

Wizard1183 03-01-2012 02:28 PM

I still get same amount of compliments.
They're going to lose their hype. Everything does. That hot girl or hot guy you see doesn't stay like that forever. "nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain."

steveo9043 03-01-2012 02:33 PM

Now I have only owned my car for a few months but I have not gotten the "going out of the way" type compliments. I've gotten thumbs up and the rubber neckers are daily. Maybe because its been cold out? Maybe in summer someone will take time to come stand outside and compliment it.

being a 45th AE I was expecting a little more. But I love her and thats all that matters!

scuba264 03-01-2012 02:34 PM

Love that a G'n'R lyric made its way into this thread haha

Abstrak 03-01-2012 02:38 PM

Well I only had mines a few weeks and people break their neck looking at. And somebody may see it and try to look away when you look at them looking at you hahah its hilarious. Mustangs , WRXs, Lancers, 350zs all pull up next to me with an evil gaze lls. I get a lot of love from big body chevy trucks. People love chevy! I think its the most respected domestic brand out the bunch.

ga0358 03-01-2012 02:48 PM

Still turning heads and getting compliments on the color...after over 2 years!

hightower 03-01-2012 02:59 PM

It's because the 5th gen has been around for 3 years of production and more and more are getting on the roads.

Schmidty 03-01-2012 03:11 PM

I was at a strip mall the other day and noticed a family looking at my car :drool:...so of course I remote started her. :happyanim: As I approached the car I heard the kids ask "What is that?" And there was my permagrin :D The dad responded and said "I think that's the new Camaro!" Naturally I got in and made sure to drive right by them and let them hear my MRTv2. Made my day!

ffrcobra_65 03-01-2012 03:14 PM

when the next Transformers movie comes out, you should get "noticed" again.

JWMotoring 03-01-2012 03:15 PM

They're on every corner here.

Sterling 03-01-2012 03:16 PM

I rarely get people snapping pics of it going down the road anymore, but I still get plenty of compliments and thumbs-up. I've gotten both today...