Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Someone hit my bumper :( (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348788)

NewbieDIYer 03-22-2014 02:39 PM

Someone hit my bumper :(

So this had to have happened at work.. It's not very big, but definitely noticeable. And thankfully it's all on the rear bumper, and not on the actual metal panel. Unfortunately I didn't notice it at work, so I'm gonna have to wait until I go back Monday to check the cameras. But I'm not getting my hopes up that I'll find anything. So in the even I have to pay for it myself...:frusty: what do you think is my best option and how much? Obviously replacing the bumper would completely remove the scratches, but if I can paint it, I will. There's a small dent above the big scratch, which led to the paint webbing around it. All the scratches are about 4-7inches long. I tried to take a couple good pics but it's hard with the reflection. Let me know how to take a better pic if you can't see it.
I appreciate all the help, and here's to hoping I can find who hit me and confront them about it.

Edit: pictures aren't loading for some reason. Sorry. Gimme a minute to figure it out.

NewbieDIYer 03-22-2014 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pics for some reason can only be put one at a time. Something wrong with my phone lol

NewbieDIYer 03-22-2014 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

NewbieDIYer 03-22-2014 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)

NewbieDIYer 03-22-2014 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)

camaro1350 03-22-2014 02:52 PM

To me it looks like the paint is cracked and the only way to fix that is to get it repainted. It probably run about $700-$800 to repaint that right. Get your insurance company involved if you can't afford to just pay for it. Sorry to hear about that, people are sometimes jerks.

Cheveey57 03-22-2014 03:23 PM

That sux, that's one more thing I miss about chrome bumpers.

mynetdude 03-22-2014 03:24 PM

looks like in the 2nd post/pic you have a rather long crack starting from the corner and almost ending up where the license plate is; I don't think that can be fixed a whole bumper replacement would be needed? Was that caused by the collision? If not, you can be honest and tell the insurance company there was previous damage and they'll eliminate the areas not covered but at the same time you might as well have it all fixed (they may fix the other previous damage under a separate claim).

batman53201 03-22-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mynetdude (Post 7516487)
looks like in the 2nd post/pic you have a rather long crack starting from the corner and almost ending up where the license plate is; I don't think that can be fixed a whole bumper replacement would be needed? Was that caused by the collision? If not, you can be honest and tell the insurance company there was previous damage and they'll eliminate the areas not covered but at the same time you might as well have it all fixed (they may fix the other previous damage under a separate claim).

i think thats a reflection of the crack on the ground:sm0:

infernostripes! 03-22-2014 03:27 PM

You can probably save a lot of money by taking the bumper off yourself. Also make sure that they aren't charging you for a 3 stage paint job. It is a 2 stage.

mynetdude 03-22-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batman53201 (Post 7516494)
i think thats a reflection of the crack on the ground:sm0:

ah well damn yeah you're right; the crack ends in the grass so its not a bumper crack heh... its on crack! haha :P j/k!!

PalmerGA 03-22-2014 03:52 PM

A little dizzy looking at the pics, but I think you can get away with about $500. Good luck.

NewbieDIYer 03-22-2014 04:02 PM

Yea sorry about the sideways pics lol. My phone is not acting nice today haha.
But thanks for all the replies! Of course all the body shops are closed around here. Wtf lol. But come Monday I'll go get it professionally looked at. But couldn't hold off without at least asking you guys here! Lol
As for the 2stage vs 3 stage paint. What's the difference? Lol. I've never heard of that before.

christianchevell 03-22-2014 05:06 PM

it looks as if there is any paint transfer from the other car it would be white? I would look for someone driving a land barge in white with blue streaks on its corner.....