Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Lowering my camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245569)

AndyLinares 08-22-2012 02:50 PM

Lowering my camaro

I don't know anything about car suspensions.. but I've seen a couple of lowered camaros and I really like the look.

I want to lower it enough so it looks nice.. I've noticed most of camaros go 1 inch -1.4.

I don't want to go TOOOO low.. but I want to go as low as possible. I dont want it to affect the way the car drives.. and i dont want to mess my bumper up on every speed bump

Anyways, what are some good springs? and how low? thanks a lot. Links would be great!!

LIM3 08-22-2012 03:23 PM

1" is a good drop and you don't sacrifice drivability.
I went with BMR but haven't installed them yet. Actually might be doing it tmrw. What part of SF by the way ?

FresnoStateDogs 08-22-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyLinares (Post 5478220)
I don't know anything about car suspensions.. but I've seen a couple of lowered camaros and I really like the look.

I want to lower it enough so it looks nice.. I've noticed most of camaros go 1 inch -1.4.

I don't want to go TOOOO low.. but I want to go as low as possible. I dont want it to affect the way the car drives.. and i dont want to mess my bumper up on every speed bump

Anyways, what are some good springs? and how low? thanks a lot. Links would be great!!

It's a lot of work if you do it yourself, but totally worth it. If you pay to get them installed it's pricey, beware. Also, make sure you do your research on re-timing bushings, alignment, and correct torque pressure. If you're not careful, you can really screw things up.

ActNup NY 08-22-2012 04:54 PM

I went with Pdaft 1.25 drop . I'm really content with the product. Only thing with speed bumps and ramps you just have to proceed slow as you approach them and you shall be fine.

slicktempo 08-22-2012 07:27 PM

It's not too difficult to do it yourself with the help of a friend. Just set aside a day/weekend and get it done. It's a great experience and you really learn a lot.

FresnoStateDogs 08-22-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slicktempo (Post 5479462)
It's not too difficult to do it yourself with the help of a friend. Just set aside a day/weekend and get it done. It's a great experience and you really learn a lot.

+1

The first day I was alone, completely frustrated, and regretting what I had gotten myself into :mad0259:. Second day I had help and it was a lot more of an enjoyable experience. When it was all done it was a hell of a great feeling. :drinking:

metthem 08-23-2012 09:28 AM

You need an air tool for the top nut on the shock tower. It took us about 5 hours

BMR Sales 08-23-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

You are definitely right about most people using lowering springs that range from 1" to 1.4". We don't recommend using a lowering springs lower than 1.4" because anything lower than that tends to really shorten the lifespan of the struts/shocks.

If you are worried about ground clearance I would probably recommend sticking with the 1" lowring springs because it will give you that aggressive stance you are looking for without sacrificing too much ground clearance.

I like our BMR lowering springs but I am a little biased! :D

If there is anything we can help you out with let me know.

steveo9043 08-23-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

I am in the same boat as you. I don't know which springs to go with.

I am looking into the BMR 1.4in front and 1in rear. I do have a curb coming into my drive way which I may be a little worried about.

If I pulled up to the curb, parked, measured the distance between the lower part of the bumper and the top of the curb and it is more then 1.4in I should theoretically be safe right?

Also BMR any pics of the 1.4in front 1in rear drop?

BMR Sales 08-23-2012 12:12 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo9043 (Post 5482184)
I am in the same boat as you. I don't know which springs to go with.

I am looking into the BMR 1.4in front and 1in rear. I do have a curb coming into my drive way which I may be a little worried about.

If I pulled up to the curb, parked, measured the distance between the lower part of the bumper and the top of the curb and it is more then 1.4in I should theoretically be safe right?

Also BMR any pics of the 1.4in front 1in rear drop?

Yeah, here are a couple pictures of BMR 1.4" front and 1" rear drop springs.

bandier 08-23-2012 12:18 PM

Granatelli springs are great = front 1" & rear 1.25". Nice ride with these things!

z28racer 08-23-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metthem (Post 5481604)
You need an air tool for the top nut on the shock tower. It took us about 5 hours

No air tool needed!

AirManFL 08-23-2012 01:25 PM

I went with the 1" BMR and I'm glad I did.

It changed the ride, but not drastically.

Rob

BMR Sales 08-23-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirManFL (Post 5482679)
I went with the 1" BMR and I'm glad I did.

It changed the ride, but not drastically.

Rob

We are glad you are enjoying your BMR lowering springs, if there is anything else we can do for you let us know. :D