Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   New PDIM Hardware and Software Available! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108097)

UCF w00t 09-28-2010 12:01 PM

New PDIM Hardware and Software Available!

From the PDIM Software update thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrgdave0914 (Post 2362718)
I just had my PDIM replaced and I now have:

HW: DA
SW: DX

Does anyone else have these yet? I havent had any issues with my ipod since its been changed.

I checked TIS2WEB, and there definitely is a new version on the streets!
Quote:

20927511 N/A New software (coordinated with revised hardware) to improve USB interface (access increases from 2500 songs to 10000), applying to USB flash drives, Zunes, and other "Plays From Device" audio devices. Small improvements also made for minor bug fixes.
Since the original manual (I don't know if they updated it) stated that it could index up to 10,000 songs but in reality it could only do 2,500, I would think this should be enough to get them to replace your PDIM. I'll try asap and report back with my findings. Anyone else going to try to get them to replace it? I'd love to not to have to use this iPod and just use a flash drive instead.

slick rick 09-28-2010 12:11 PM

I'm thinking about having mine replaced.

Iwantone2 09-28-2010 12:23 PM

Very interesting stuff here...

SDCamaro10 09-28-2010 03:09 PM

I printed the TIS2WEB information, and will be taking it with me to the dealer tomorrow to have mine fixed. They already gave me a run around about my damn brake fluid res. cap that is leaking so I guess we'll see what they say when I hand them this. Of course i'll most likely hand it to them once they tell me theres nothing wrong, or that there is no fix for it.

SDCamaro10 09-29-2010 01:19 PM

Alright, just got hom from the dealership. After 2 1/2 hours of sitting there, they tell me, "we're ordering a new module, it will be here in 5 days."

Looked at the receipt and it shows P/N: 20893388. Its in that list on the tis2web site, i'm just hoping that its the right module with the latest update. I showed them the print out with the 20927510, and the guy was like yeah i dont know what that is.. guess well wait and see.

liquidsmoke 09-29-2010 01:46 PM

yeah, its a problem when we have better more recent information than they do. How is that even possible, other than gross negligence.

Rizzo 09-29-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 (Post 2384483)
...they tell me, "we're ordering a new module, it will be here in 5 days."

Please report back if this did the trick. Can you tell me if you are a 2010 or 2011 model?

-Rizzo

jdenotter 09-29-2010 01:56 PM

My car was at the dealership just a couple days ago and I received the new update :-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

FINALLYSATISFIED 09-29-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdenotter (Post 2384617)
My car was at the dealership just a couple days ago and I received the new update :-)

DA/DX?

jdenotter 09-29-2010 03:16 PM

Couldn't tell you. I just know they told me they perform a upgrade to the computer. If someone can tell me how to check this I would be glad to tell you what version it is

SDCamaro10 09-29-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizzo (Post 2384587)
Please report back if this did the trick. Can you tell me if you are a 2010 or 2011 model?

-Rizzo

2010 model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdenotter (Post 2384926)
Couldn't tell you. I just know they told me they perform a upgrade to the computer. If someone can tell me how to check this I would be glad to tell you what version it is

when you have the phone connected via USB, push and hold the menu button on the radio and after a few seconds you will see the HW: xx and SW: xx. The CC/CE is the old version.

jdenotter 09-29-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 (Post 2385031)
2010 model.

when you have the phone connected via USB, push and hold the menu button on the radio and after a few seconds you will see the HW: xx and SW: xx. The CC/CE is the old version.

I will check it tomorrow. Hopefully this tropical storm I am in the middle of will settle down and I can actually driving my car again, lol.

ITGuy11 09-30-2010 06:25 PM

Figures, I just installed my PDIM last week and have the old hardware and software version...

IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 09-30-2010 06:55 PM

Now that 10,000 songs seems to be a reality has anyone hooked up a usb powered external hard drive like a WD Passport?
http://www.wdc.com/global/images/pro..._Essential.jpg

Mr_Draco 09-30-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 (Post 2389570)
Now that 10,000 songs seems to be a reality has anyone hooked up a usb powered external hard drive like a WD Passport?
http://www.wdc.com/global/images/pro..._Essential.jpg

Unless something has changed, the Camaro doesn't put out enough power though the USB port to power it. It was tried last year before it was realized that the song limit was actually 2,500 songs.

jdenotter 10-03-2010 03:10 PM

My pdim says hw id:CB sw id:CC

jdenotter 10-04-2010 08:15 PM

Nothing?

slick rick 10-04-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdenotter (Post 2403148)
Nothing?

You have an even older version.

jdenotter 10-05-2010 06:37 AM

What's a good ref to know what versions are out and what's the benefits? I have no issues with the car.

Topher5000 10-05-2010 07:10 PM

I've tried 2 USB sticks in my '10 2SS, a 16gb Duracell & a 4gb Cruzer, & neither work. When I insert it, it'll start playing the first song while it indexes the songs, but then it says that there are no supported files & switches to the CD. If I leave it in, after a while it will automatically switch to the USB input & restart indexing, but then the same thing happens. It will keep doing this until I unplug the stick.
I don't know if this will fix it, but my car's due for it's first service on the 22nd, so I'll print out the service bulletin & bring it in.
From reading this, this isn't just a software update, but a replacement of the PDIM module, correct?

SDCamaro10 10-05-2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher5000 (Post 2407227)
I've tried 2 USB sticks in my '10 2SS, a 16gb Duracell & a 4gb Cruzer, & neither work. When I insert it, it'll start playing the first song while it indexes the songs, but then it says that there are no supported files & switches to the CD. If I leave it in, after a while it will automatically switch to the USB input & restart indexing, but then the same thing happens. It will keep doing this until I unplug the stick.
I don't know if this will fix it, but my car's due for it's first service on the 22nd, so I'll print out the service bulletin & bring it in.
From reading this, this isn't just a software update, but a replacement of the PDIM module, correct?

Correct. Theyre replacing my module tomorrow afternoon. I asked about just doing software, and they told me its the module thats faulty.

SDCamaro10 10-06-2010 06:14 PM

PDIM update

Ok, so I just got done with the dealer installing a new PDIM. After it was all said and done, i got back in the car and immediately plugged in my iphone, and mp3 players. Low and behold, SAME hardware and software versions, and problems NOT fixed. They ordered the same part number that the car originally had. So even though its a 'new' part, the newest software was not installed in it.

I had to sit down with the service guys again and go through the TIS2WEB information with them, show them what was needed, showed them what the updates were supposed to fix and the service guy that actually installed the part was saying that CC/CE and the original part number is the latest thats out.

I beg to differ, especially if another member here reports having DA/DX and no more issues.

The service tech also mentioned that each time he tried to update software on the PDIM, that it would lock the hardware out. To this I asked, "So what software version is he trying to update the PDIM with?" Got no real response on that, and I asked if they were trying to update software on old hardware, again no response and if they had actually tried ordering the other part number, and also no response.

The information we are getting here, and seeing on the TIS website is different then what they see apparently. They have no other knowledge of any of the part numbers and software versions that we discuss here. What they are going to do, is contact GM for assistance and try to find out what software is what, what parts are what, if there is any new updates, etc etc.. and then they'll call me back.

The service was good, and the employees were respectful, no arguements or anything.. so I hope they come through with something. I mentioned the OC meet and how were all meeting up with Scott Settlemire and Cheryl Pilcher etc, and the eyes lit up like "Oh God this dude knows people." Lol.. I might mention the PDIM issue at the meet though and see if maybe they know anything or can offer any other advise on how to get it fixed.

IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 10-06-2010 07:44 PM

I hope you get this figured out. I also have DA/DX and have ZERO issues. I can even pull the USB out and re-insert it and the PDIM remembers where it left off.

liquidsmoke 10-06-2010 08:06 PM

Can you take a picture of your radio showing the version numbers so people can show this to the dealer when they say there is no newer version.

Since none of the dealerships seem to even know what tisweb is, makes you wonder why does the site even exist and I still don't understand how is it we can access it, which should be a private gm site.

IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 10-06-2010 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hope this helps!!

SDCamaro10 10-06-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidsmoke (Post 2412504)
Can you take a picture of your radio showing the version numbers so people can show this to the dealer when they say there is no newer version.

Since none of the dealerships seem to even know what tisweb is, makes you wonder why does the site even exist and I still don't understand how is it we can access it, which should be a private gm site.

They know what the TIS2WEB is(actual techs do anyway).. its just that they have to go off of bulletin numbers, TSB's, recalls.. not customer recommendations. Don't worry, well get to the bottom of this. It would be awesome if the GM employees / techs that look at this thread, would pass this up the chain so that a notice can be sent to the dealerships, or have a bulletin created to tell the service techs exactly what to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 (Post 2412577)
Hope this helps!!

I took a picture of this with my phone.. lol. next time im there im going to show them if they tell me the only version is CC/CE. Thanks for the proof! :thumbsup:

RandyB 10-07-2010 04:21 PM

I went to the dealership today and took a printout of the tis2web information and the hardware part #20927510. They told me that part # is for an Equinox and they cannot order a replacement without a bulletin.

It is nice to know that some owners now have DA/DX and no issues, but it is frustrating for those of us who cannot get the dealer to provide the upgrade. Could those users who have DA/DX (wrgdave0914 or IBM/2SS/RS/LS3) please tell us how you got it? Did your Camaro come with this version or did you ask for a PDIM upgrade? Was there any specific information you shared with the dealer that steered them in the right direction?

It would be nice if Codeman could provide some assistance now that we seem to be so close to a resolution on this issue.

Mr_Draco 10-07-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyB (Post 2416046)
I went to the dealership today and took a printout of the tis2web information and the hardware part #20927510. They told me that part # is for an Equinox and they cannot order a replacement without a bulletin.

It is nice to know that some owners now have DA/DX and no issues, but it is frustrating for those of us who cannot get the dealer to provide the upgrade. Could those users who have DA/DX (wrgdave0914 or IBM/2SS/RS/LS3) please tell us how you got it? Did your Camaro come with this version or did you ask for a PDIM upgrade? Was there any specific information you shared with the dealer that steered them in the right direction?

It would be nice if Codeman could provide some assistance now that we seem to be so close to a resolution on this issue.

Without a warranty issue or a recall bulletin the dealership can not order the new PDIM free of charge. If you want the new PDIM and software, you will have to pay out of pocket for it.

IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 10-07-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyB (Post 2416046)
Could those users who have DA/DX (wrgdave0914 or IBM/2SS/RS/LS3) please tell us how you got it? Did your Camaro come with this version or did you ask for a PDIM upgrade?

2011 with an 8/31 build date

SDCamaro10 10-07-2010 09:03 PM

Draco.. Not entirely true. They can and will order you a new one if you take the car in, and have them do it under warranty. Yea they won't do it just because but if you have problems..

Mr_Draco 10-08-2010 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 (Post 2417253)
Draco.. Not entirely true. They can and will order you a new one if you take the car in, and have them do it under warranty. Yea they won't do it just because but if you have problems..

Hmmm....

I said that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 2416977)
Without a warranty issue...

SDCamaro10 10-08-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 2418368)
Hmmm....

I said that.

Haha yeah i realized that later, I think i was falling asleep lol.

:respekt:

wrgdave0914 10-08-2010 10:12 AM

When I would play my Ipod no sound would come out even though it recognized the song and you could see it playing on the radio.

I showed this to the tech and he ordered me a new one, it took them 2 days to receive it.

The only issue I have had since is when you scroll through the songs it tends to be a bit slower regognizing them.

Mine is a 2010 btw.

trm0002 10-08-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 (Post 2384483)
Alright, just got hom from the dealership. After 2 1/2 hours of sitting there, they tell me, "we're ordering a new module, it will be here in 5 days."

Looked at the receipt and it shows P/N: 20893388. Its in that list on the tis2web site, i'm just hoping that its the right module with the latest update. I showed them the print out with the 20927510, and the guy was like yeah i dont know what that is.. guess well wait and see.

So which is right and why? The...3388 actually mentions iTouch (assuming also applies to iPhone which I'm having issues with) while ...7510 does not. I guess the questions are:
1) Which module is actually in my early production car?
2) If it's the 3388, what would the 7510 do for me?
3) If it's the 3388, then why do this thread and the other thread both call for clicking on the 7510 option?

I can only tell you that currently Waldo has the following:
CB
CC

Just looking for final clarity on EXACTLY what each of us is looking for as an end result and is it different for 2010 vs 2011? If "we" can get whatever "fixed" under warranty, what precisely do each of us tell our respective dealerships? There seems to be conflicting (or incomplete/misleading) information throughout these two threads.

Iwantone2 10-08-2010 12:32 PM

Hmmm...I'm wondering what will be of those of us that have the 1SS and added the PDIM? I'm pretty sure we'll have to pay out of pocket for the new hardware and update.

trm0002 10-08-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwantone2 (Post 2419691)
Hmmm...I'm wondering what will be of those of us that have the 1SS and added the PDIM? I'm pretty sure we'll have to pay out of pocket for the new hardware and update.

Warranty is warranty. That said, I don't know if the "add-on" is covered under the 3/36 or if it would have it's own separate warranty (say 1 year)...

slick rick 10-08-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwantone2 (Post 2419691)

I hope not :(

Hopefully the 2,500 vs 10,000 issue is good enough for a warranty claim.

trm0002 10-08-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick rick (Post 2419725)
I hope not :(

Hopefully the 2,500 vs 10,000 issue is good enough for a warranty claim.

How about this...? You prove you paid for each of the 10,000 songs and they do the work for free.

Iwantone2 10-08-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trm0002 (Post 2419877)
How about this...? You prove you paid for each of the 10,000 songs and they do the work for free.

It's official: I'm gonna get pwned :(

:mad0260:

Mr_Draco 10-08-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trm0002 (Post 2419714)
Warranty is warranty. That said, I don't know if the "add-on" is covered under the 3/36 or if it would have it's own separate warranty (say 1 year)...

Add ons aren't covered under the bumper to bumper warranty unless they are installed before purchase, they are covered under their own warranty.

To replace the PDIM under warranty you first have to show it's malfunctioning.