Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Harry Potter 7 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1245)

Mr. Wyndham 07-23-2007 08:19 PM

Harry Potter 7

Does anybody read?:laugh:
I'm in the middle of it, so no spoilers please. More of what you thought about the News Coverage, and Hype about the "Boy who Lived" ;)

EllwynX 07-23-2007 08:31 PM

Currently about page 240. I'll probably have it done by next weekend. No Spoilers please...

And to answer your question- I read quite a bit. (Mostly Fantasy, Horror and Thriller.)

TAG UR IT 07-24-2007 02:05 AM

My wife is done with it and have me the spoilers. That's why I got your "first post." But do you really know what that means? hehehe.... We are going to go and see it at the IMAX either tomorrow or Wed night.

Mindz 07-24-2007 03:09 AM

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
or something like that. =P

I read quite a bit, but very specific genres. I've never picked up the Potter series.

I've read Eragon and Eldest, 2/3 of the Dan Brown trilogy, some other Sci Fi books, mostly about terraforming of other planets (red planet, green planet, blue planet was a decent series).

Other than that, I'm a HUGE anime fan. Don't read the manga but I hear all about how it's so much better from the actual movies/shows/etc.

I'm gonna go see the new movie here pretty soon and that'll be about as much of the series that I'll know. I used to work for EA and got to watch a few sneak previews as Electronic Arts was making the games. That's actually the reason I watched my first one. I started with movie number 2.

Moose 07-24-2007 08:04 AM

I really enjoy reading. I was given a paperback written by Clive Cussler last year and now I'm hooked on his books.

Most of his books center on a main character named Dirk Pitt, who seems to be sort of the equivalent of Jack Bauer on 24. :cool:

I'd recommend the Cussler books highly. :clap:

MerF 07-24-2007 08:29 AM

MY GF pre-ordered it for me. Unfortunately I wasn't home when it came here so it's at the post office....which I can't actually find!

Doh!

I will read it this week though for sure.

acscamarochick06 07-24-2007 09:14 AM

I just finished it last night :D And it is by far the best book of the series!! So many surprises! I cried numerous times, it was just horrible lol. Has anyone seen Order of the Phoenix yet? I really wanted to see it, but the boyfriend isn't so much into it... :iono: Personally I think he's crazy! :P

If I had enough time left in my Summer Vacation before the Fall Semester, I would start reading all over again at book 1 and go all the way through to book 7! They are that good! :thumbsup:

Mr. Wyndham 07-24-2007 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 (Post 16850)
I just finished it last night :D And it is by far the best book of the series!! So many surprises! I cried numerous times, it was just horrible lol. Has anyone seen Order of the Phoenix yet? I really wanted to see it, but the boyfriend isn't so much into it... :iono: Personally I think he's crazy! :P

If I had enough time left in my Summer Vacation before the Fall Semester, I would start reading all over again at book 1 and go all the way through to book 7! They are that good! :thumbsup:

Personally, I didn't like the movie all that much. IMO, ever since the guy who played the original Dumbledore died, and the director over him quit, The movies have sucked. #1, and #2 were good. They were really true to the books, but the rest have been lacking. There's so much important information in the books that never makes it onto the big screen.

Can I give an example from the 5th movie? It's not a spoiler, per say. Just a realization. If not, say no.

EllwynX 07-24-2007 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 16863)
Personally, I didn't like the movie all that much. IMO, ever since the guy who played the original Dumbledore died, and the director over him quit, The movies have sucked. #1, and #2 were good. They were really true to the books, but the rest have been lacking. There's so much important information in the books that never makes it onto the big screen.

Can I give an example from the 5th movie? It's not a spoiler, per say. Just a realization. If not, say no.

#1 was pretty true to the book. After that, not so much. But I understand the reasoning. I mean, come one, have you seen the LENGTH of the books? LOL the movies would have to be 4+ hours. I've enjoyed every movie though.

Someone above mentioned they were going to see the movie, but I wasn't sure if they realized the movie currently in theatres is the 5th, while the new book is the 7th...

I saw the movie in iMax and they played the final 20 mins of the finale in 3D. Was VERY nice.

Mr. Wyndham 07-24-2007 11:25 AM

...Yeah, I know. length. But they should do it like that or not at all IMO.
Look at Pirates of the Carribbean 3. THAT WAS LONG!!! But I enjoy long movies.

EllwynX 07-24-2007 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 16878)
...Yeah, I know. length. But they should do it like that or not at all IMO.
Look at Pirates of the Carribbean 3. THAT WAS LONG!!! But I enjoy long movies.

It was long, but was also the least entertaining of the 3 movies.

I liked it, but 2 was much better.

TAG UR IT 07-24-2007 01:27 PM

Speaking on the duration of actual movie time, IMO, the longer the movie the better. I don't want to go for an hour long movie. I'm spending money and I want my monies worth! Besides, the longer the movie, the BETTER!!!

acscamarochick06 07-24-2007 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 16863)

Sure, give all the examples you want lol. I am going to wait until it comes out and buy it anyway. I have the other 4 and have all of the books, might as well keep with tradition! lol I had heard that this movie wasn't as good as the others, and it does seem like they leave out some important info in some places.

Turbo 07-24-2007 02:25 PM

I also heard that , my friend said he was very disapointed to see it that kinda makes me sad to think they may have slipped up a bit but owell at least the books are a huge success