Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Texas (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Any younger Camaro owners in the DFW area? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206672)

joeblow 03-01-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmorrow (Post 4571007)
Yeah! Glad I am not the only one with that feeling. The Lone Star Camaro group seems like a cool bunch, but there are no young-guns in the group! You coming to Cars & Coffee this Saturday in Plano?

Hmm, i dont know yet, my cousin lives in that area but Im all the way down here in Grand Prairie. :-/ What time and where exactly is C&C?

ewynn9 03-01-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkfe (Post 4572029)
Not to be a flaming as........ but in 15 years you'll read this post and realize what a worthless post this was. Who cares, I'll be 52 this year and be glad for the "Older" generation, who do you think set's up most of these meets? Ok, I'm ready for it, bring it on....

And you will do the same to your post as well.

It's nice to know who is around your particular age, because some of the older generation that are married with kids do not like to do what some of the younger, non married and childless generations like to do. Generally speaking, of course.

Not to mention, he never said anything about meets, he said hanging out. There is a difference. I personally don't hang out with many people outside of my age range. It's like hanging out with my parents ("Well back in my day we didn't...blah blah).

I'd love to be able to call up some other Camaro owners around my age and go chill somewhere.

lightner75 03-01-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeblow (Post 4572149)
Hmm, i dont know yet, my cousin lives in that area but Im all the way down here in Grand Prairie. :-/ What time and where exactly is C&C?

Cars & Coffee - Dallas
6800 Dallas Parkway
Plano TX 75024.

some of us meet here Einsten Bro's Bagels
5976 W. Parker Rd., Ste. 308
Plano, TX 75093

We usually meet at Einstens around 630-645 am and cruise in together.

CINDER02 03-01-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homestar1217 (Post 4572059)
Hey now, I'm 22 and I start up a lot of the meets in the DFW area :-) Probably 4 out of 8 of the meets in Southlake were started by threads I made! I don't think I've missed any of them, once it was just Spyrollinc and I at Planet Burrito. Not to mention the last one at Alliance!

Also CINDERO2, that's a pretty cool avatar picture! I just noticed that! I wish I had halos :'(

You will soon enough :) Ooh! You can see the new paint I got for my interior :) its going to look awesome!!!!

rodgarza 03-01-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmorrow (Post 4570564)
I know... I know... You are all "young at heart" because you drive a Camaro.

Just wondering if I was the only person under the age of 30 from the DFW area that hangs out in the Camaro community? It seems to me that the majority of Camaro owners are older and/or married and/or have kids.

27 here bro any plans for a cruise or ???

rodgarza 03-01-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewynn9 (Post 4572459)
And you will do the same to your post as well.

It's nice to know who is around your particular age, because some of the older generation that are married with kids do not like to do what some of the younger, non married and childless generations like to do. Generally speaking, of course.

Not to mention, he never said anything about meets, he said hanging out. There is a difference. I personally don't hang out with many people outside of my age range. It's like hanging out with my parents ("Well back in my day we didn't...blah blah).

I'd love to be able to call up some other Camaro owners around my age and go chill somewhere.

sounds good man I am new to the dallas area !!!!

CINDER02 03-01-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodgarza (Post 4572885)
27 here bro any plans for a cruise or ???

Good question!!! :laughabove:

sjmorrow 03-01-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkfe (Post 4572029)
Not to be a flaming as........ but in 15 years you'll read this post and realize what a worthless post this was. Who cares, I'll be 52 this year and be glad for the "Older" generation, who do you think set's up most of these meets? Ok, I'm ready for it, bring it on....

Ohh.. Fiesty... I'll bite.

I am VERY glad for the older generation. Without the older generation, us young guns would have no window to the past and no way to learn the "wisdom" of the car gods that have been passed down through the ages. I learn 90% of the things I know about cars from the older generation.

My reason for starting this thread was simply because younger people are better able to establish a friendship-like bond to each other than to older people, simply because we are all in the same life-stage. We have more in common. The older generation has "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" in all the parts of life that us young guys are still getting to enjoy. So let us have our fun, we will leave you to go change out your denturs and depends. :happyanim:

Totally kidding on the last part... Don't take me serious.

sjmorrow 03-01-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CINDER02 (Post 4573041)
Good question!!! :laughabove:

Let's do it! Young gun cruise! April 7th, 21st, or May 5th are my next three free weekends.

hawkfe 03-01-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmorrow (Post 4573147)
Totally kidding on the last part... Don't take me serious.

Same here :)

LonghornLove 03-01-2012 08:53 PM

22 here. I don't live in Dallas but drive through every other Thursday going home. I wouldn't mind stopping and riding in some1's cammed camaro. I've been thinking about getting one.

Homestar1217 03-01-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CINDER02 (Post 4572663)
You will soon enough :) Ooh! You can see the new paint I got for my interior :) its going to look awesome!!!!

That does sound interesting, I look forward to it!

I'm definitely up for a cruise, but I don't really know where to cruise to? I'm sure my mustang driving friends would come along as well so we could embarass them :-)

CINDER02 03-01-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmorrow (Post 4573168)
Let's do it! Young gun cruise! April 7th, 21st, or May 5th are my next three free weekends.

I'm free any and all of those days :) set it up and I'll be there

My Caroline 03-01-2012 09:59 PM

I'm 18. I'd say I'm at the more extreme end of the spectrum. Just like it's hard for you to "hang out" with the older guys, it's hard for me to hang with y'all. I'm just glad everybody was so cool at the south lake meet. I enjoyed it a lot! Also, I'll probably be at cars and coffee.