Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Wheels/Tires (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   RJT versus CRT compared side by side w/ ZR1 style wheels (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180726)

mlee 11-05-2011 04:13 PM

RJT versus CRT compared side by side w/ ZR1 style wheels

12 Attachment(s)
Got a chance to take some shots of a Z06/07 with wheels similar to what will be on the ZL1. Then some pics of both Red Jewel Tint and Crystal Red Tintcoat side by side.

I've never been a fan of RJT but the new CRT looks great with the black accents. Definitely better than RJT... I think this combo would look great on the ZL1..

What do you all think? Added More Photos Here...

562TROJAN 11-05-2011 04:25 PM

Love my RJT and I wouldn't trade it for any other color out there right now. :D Everyone has their own personal preference and I'll :respekt: that.

lakersftbl69 11-05-2011 05:01 PM

I think the rjt still has more pop to it in the sun light but both still look very similar

IROC U 11-05-2011 05:07 PM

which is rjt the corvette or the camaro?

VenomZ302 11-05-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROC U (Post 3974552)
which is rjt the corvette or the camaro?

Camaro. CRT is on the 'Vette. I think I prefer the CRT, myself.

zogster 11-05-2011 05:16 PM

I prefer CRT. It somehow seems like a more exotic color.

IROC U 11-05-2011 05:16 PM

I agree with lakers the rjt on the camaro seems to be more reflective (shines more) in the sun.

Iroc-z86 11-05-2011 05:35 PM

rjt for me. although i have yet to see the crt in person. really like the rjt :)

radametz 11-05-2011 05:37 PM

I think the reflections and shine that everyone's talking about for RJT is from the body lines of the Camaro vs those of the Vette. The Vette is much more rounded, which doesn't allow for the sharp color variances and reflections that we see in the Camaro. I don't think we'll truly be able to compare the two until we see a RJT Camaro next to a CRT Camaro. And I can't wait for that day :D That being said, I do prefer the CRT over the RJT right now, just my opinion. We'll see if that changes when we see a CRT Camaro

68vert 11-05-2011 06:30 PM

CRT is available on several GM cars. Stop by your dealer and check it out. It is a great color and does look great with the black accents. I will probably go with CRT or the new Ashen Gray with the black 10 spoke wheels.

Thanks for the color comparisons!

Zabo 11-05-2011 06:57 PM

Looks oddly like Medium/Maple Red from the 4th gens but with less of a pinkish hue. Different red garnet flake in the paint makes a difference. RJT was always a good dark color, but CRT looks like it shines in the shade better than the RJT (much like my Maple Red 4th gen).

Need to get the pair on 5th gens and under florescent lights.

mlee 11-05-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakersftbl69 (Post 3974539)
I think the rjt still has more pop to it in the sun light but both still look very similar

Quote:

Originally Posted by zogster (Post 3974578)
I prefer CRT. It somehow seems like a more exotic color.

In the shade the CRT looks like a very deep rich color and the two were very different.
... but as the sun came up both colors started to look very similar under the bright light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by x1sniper3x (Post 3974630)
I think the reflections and shine that everyone's talking about for RJT is from the body lines of the Camaro vs those of the Vette. The Vette is much more rounded, which doesn't allow for the sharp color variances and reflections that we see in the Camaro. I don't think we'll truly be able to compare the two until we see a RJT Camaro next to a CRT Camaro. And I can't wait for that day :D That being said, I do prefer the CRT over the RJT right now, just my opinion. We'll see if that changes when we see a CRT Camaro

I think you are right... I hope to see a Camaro in this color someday soon but I think it's on some sort of contraint in the beginning. I could be wrong on that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68vert (Post 3974766)
CRT is available on several GM cars. Stop by your dealer and check it out. It is a great color and does look great with the black accents. I will probably go with CRT or the new Ashen Gray with the black 10 spoke wheels.

Thanks for the color comparisons!

Your welcome... I'm between those two colors also which is why I wanted to see these colors side by side. I think the RJT fans will like this color as well for a replacement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabo (Post 3974860)
Looks oddly like Medium/Maple Red from the 4th gens but with less of a pinkish hue. Different red garnet flake in the paint makes a difference. RJT was always a good dark color, but CRT looks like it shines in the shade better than the RJT (much like my Maple Red 4th gen).

Need to get the pair on 5th gens and under florescent lights.

CRT definitely shines in the shade better... Wish I would have had better lighting and knew more about working a camera too...;) point and shoot is about as good as it gets for me...

Kluch 11-05-2011 08:36 PM

All I can say is that's one bad ass z06. Would buy in a heartbeat if I didn't need 4 seats. Crystal red is an awesome color.

SlingShot 11-05-2011 09:09 PM

My wife and I went to a Caddy dealer tonight just to look at the CRT, and we decided we didn't really care for it as much as we thought. So we are now going with Rally Yellow, so we will be a house with three yellow cars ...