Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Cold Air Intake Independent Testing Results by Jannetty Racing (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48202)

JANNETTYRACING 10-20-2009 10:10 AM

Jannetty Racing Cold Air Intake Independent Testing Results

As reported from Homepage.

A couple things to note here before I post the results.

Thanks to all the Vendors that Stepped Up.
Thanks to my Crew for making this happen.
Thanks to Don Bigdog for lending us his car and his family for helping out.

During the Testing we burned a 1/2 tank of fuel and put 100 miles on the Odometer and tested 8 kits, that is an average of 12.5 miles per kit.

This car was 100% stock, with 900 miles on the clock.

Modified cars will see larger gains, i.e. larger cams ported heads, superchargers headers etc, the more the mods the more the gain.

All Testing was done with HOOD CLOSED, open hood results would be much different, but we don't drive around with the hood open.

One thing to pay attention to is IAT Sampled at 4 points and increase during the pull, these are however CAI systems and must do just that for maximum benefit.

Hopefully Vendors won't be upset by the results, but instead, take this as an opportunity to further improve they're products.

The ones I talked to so far have been receptive to my findings which is Impressive.

I have a lot to offer manufacturers since I have spent more than 28 years taking parts out of boxes and making them fit better and work better than they were originally designed.

Here are the results, Lets Please keep this RESPECTFUL, ask questions don't make assumptions, and Definately NO BASHING!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Crowley 10-20-2009 10:16 AM

Look forward to checking out the results once I am home. I can't get to the spreadsheet from work.

Thanks,
Crowley

1BadaSS 10-20-2009 10:19 AM

Wow, good job Ted!

KMSRS2SS 10-20-2009 10:20 AM

Thanks for going above and beyond, these results are interesting to say the least!

Iwantone2 10-20-2009 10:20 AM

Awesome work, Ted!!! Thank you for taking the time to do the testing and for posting the results. It looks like CAI and Fastlane had the highest gains. Awesome job guys!!!

Wileytrigger21 10-20-2009 10:20 AM

KUDOS AND PROPS to the team at Jannetty Racing for bringing us this information!!!! :thumbup::thumbsup:

Very Interesting Results!!!

:respekt:

thecamaroguy 10-20-2009 10:21 AM

Thank you for taking the time to do this...

These numbers look great.

Scott@Bjorn3D 10-20-2009 10:22 AM

So Ted, does Great beat excellent for the CAI one?

Croathlete 10-20-2009 10:22 AM

Great analysis Ted! Very interesting results. Looks like the CAI's with the greatest gains really need a tune.

Question about the New Era. What about it made it have poor driveability? It seems like it had the lowest temps of all. Did that have something to do with it?

Also, what is grams/cyl?

Camaro509 10-20-2009 10:23 AM

I shouldn't be, but I am kind of surprised by the results against the OEM's.
Not knocking anyone, but am really surprised.

Thanks for taking the time to do this for us all!

matt55 10-20-2009 10:31 AM

Wow a lot of info , dont be fooled by buying one off HP gain alone .
There alot of good info there !
The intake that was the leanest made the most HP .
There was 1 intake that had no IAT gain , with a tune that one should be money !
But I think C.A.I. is the hottness .

Doc 10-20-2009 10:32 AM

Absolutely fantastic work Ted and team!! VERY interesting spreadsheet. IAT in particular was very interesting to study. Made my decision! CAI for me.

Fastlane 10-20-2009 10:39 AM

Thank for your efforts!!

JANNETTYRACING 10-20-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D (Post 1066662)
So Ted, does Great beat excellent for the CAI one?

No Typo, Fixed, 1 Prayer on the way!