Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Brake lines...which front and rear? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302581)

HaulnSS 06-18-2013 11:28 AM

Brake lines...which front and rear?
 
I purchased Racing Brake Stainless Steel Brake Line Kit BL911.

My question is, do the longer ones go in the front or rear? Before I get bashed, I haven't taken the wheels off and looked at them yet. I know that would probably answer my question.

The Stig 06-18-2013 11:33 AM

Once you remove the OEM brake lines you'll see which ones go where. Though if I remember correctly the RB ones were labeled, could be wrong though.

SPCBA 06-18-2013 12:03 PM

pretty sure the rb lines are labeled. no bash necessary. RB likes to label everything front or rear, left or right

HaulnSS 06-18-2013 12:35 PM

Thanks for the info, I didn't really look closely at the lines yet either, just noticed the different lengths.

jeremywes 06-18-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaulnSS (Post 6684864)
I purchased Racing Brake Stainless Steel Brake Line Kit BL911.

My question is, do the longer ones go in the front or rear? Before I get bashed, I haven't taken the wheels off and looked at them yet. I know that would probably answer my question.

WHAT... You don't know which brake line go where?!! :eyebulge:

Just Kidding :happyanim:

cornerspeed92 06-21-2013 06:33 PM

I should be installing my stainless Goodridge(hopefully my friend doesn't blow me off)this weekend. My question is,is there a torque spec to tighten these,or just snug tight?

SPCBA 06-21-2013 06:48 PM

tight as shit is the spec i used

JDP Sales 06-21-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 (Post 6699195)
I should be installing my stainless Goodridge(hopefully my friend doesn't blow me off)this weekend. My question is,is there a torque spec to tighten these,or just snug tight?

It says in the instructions on the back, but 20 ft/lbs is good.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

pony 06-21-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 (Post 6699195)
I should be installing my stainless Goodridge(hopefully my friend doesn't blow me off)this weekend. My question is,is there a torque spec to tighten these,or just snug tight?

This is pretty simple, but may help line up wrenches, etc.:thumbup:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297428

cornerspeed92 06-21-2013 07:15 PM

Thanks gentlemen :)

CHMSC 06-21-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 (Post 6699195)
I should be installing my stainless Goodridge(hopefully my friend doesn't blow me off)this weekend. My question is,is there a torque spec to tighten these,or just snug tight?

Not sure where you are at in SoCal but I am sure others would help ya man. If your in the Palm Springs area let me know and we can get it done.

caverman 06-21-2013 09:16 PM

Are you putting in some DOT 4 fluid while you're at it? Might as well.

cornerspeed92 06-21-2013 09:45 PM

Im in Rancho Cucamonga,im putting baby on blocks tomorrow in anticipation of doing the brake lines Sun.in the event i get blowen off i will ask for help tomorrow since you guys offered,thanks :)and yes Motul 600 is going in as well.

SPCBA 06-21-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 (Post 6699918)
Im in Rancho Cucamonga,im putting baby on blocks tomorrow in anticipation of doing the brake lines Sun.in the event i get blowen off i will ask for help tomorrow since you guys offered,thanks :)and yes Motul 600 is going in as well.

There are like 50 socal c5 members withen 20 minutes of rancho. i am one of them. hope to see you at the track!

gonna be honest the lines is like 2 minute per line task...flushing and bleeding is what will be where the time is spent


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.