Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   ambient lighting on drivers door is defective. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28432)

edog 06-19-2009 09:49 PM

ambient lighting on drivers door is defective. updated w/pics

6 Attachment(s)
the lighting on the drivers door is not the same as the passenger door. the replaced the light but it looks worse.

the passenger's door looks crisp and like a tube of light. the drivers door looks like there is a light behind the plastic , but you cannot see the light tube in the panel.

those who have the light knows what i mean, but the dealership repair center is acting like there hands are tied. they ordered a light, but they act like ordering the trim is not going to happen. :mad0260:

I have tried to capture the poor lighting, I hope it is viewable. Does not pick up to well on the Camara.

vdevine 06-20-2009 06:25 AM

Sorry to hear

I haven't seen you driving around F'Burg. I'm still waiting for mine. I ordered from Country Chev in Warrenton. If you get pics at night, that would be nice to see the difference.

edog 06-21-2009 03:11 PM

I will try. It is hard to see in a camera. The light is there, just not sharp on both doors.

MNWild 06-21-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edog (Post 602121)
the lighting on the drivers door is not the same as the passenger door. the replaced the light but it looks worse.

the passenger's door looks crisp and like a tube of light. the drivers door looks like there is a light behind the plastic , but you cannot see the light tube in the panel.

those who have the light knows what i mean, but the dealership repair center is acting like there hands are tied. they ordered a light, but they act like ordering the trim is not going to happen. :mad0260:

I think I have same problem ... the drivers door looks like the light is not in the right place ... it hangs a little lower on the edge ... I think I will take back and have them look at it ... hope its a easy fix

hotrodzz4 06-21-2009 08:07 PM

lisa snow is the parts mgr at luck. dont know if that helps out but it might. sorry for your troubles

elockhart 06-21-2009 08:23 PM

Picked my car up last week and my ambient lighting is not working at all,I was thinking that maybe I didn'n know where the light switch was.

OUR72GTO 06-21-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elockhart (Post 607049)
Picked my car up last week and my ambient lighting is not working at all,I was thinking that maybe I didn'n know where the light switch was.

What model........... it is not on all.

edog 07-22-2009 10:45 PM

Radley Chevrolet won't fix it because it is cosmetic. They are acting as if it is not a big deal. They said I should take it back to the dealer I bought it from. So, off I will go.

It is a shame they will not take care of it because it is cosmetic.

coolman 07-22-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edog (Post 712333)
Radley Chevrolet won't fix it because it is cosmetic. They are acting as if it is not a big deal. They said I should take it back to the dealer I bought it from. So, off I will go.

It is a shame they will not take care of it because it is cosmetic.

Doesn't make it go any faster. I wouldn't worry about it. That's just a tinker toy use to put the price up. I wouldn't even care If mine didn't have it.

after thinking about it,the bastards should fix it you paid for it to be right and it's under warranty.

edog 07-23-2009 07:07 AM

Thats my thought. It just irritates me knowing it is not right.

CASTIG 2010SS 08-08-2009 03:04 AM

I just noticed mine tonight. It is the same way. I thought it was the angle I was looking at it from the drivers seat. Looking at it from right above in drivers seat and passenger seat from across the car. But you can notice it from both positions. Almost like the light is behind the panel.
I have a SS with IO interior. Not sure if it is only on the IO interior.

FNKNSTN 08-08-2009 03:09 AM

did you try sitting in the passenger seat and looking at the driver's side from that perspective?

Gentry78 08-09-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FNKNSTN (Post 774762)
did you try sitting in the passenger seat and looking at the driver's side from that perspective?

thats what i was thinking, just look at it from different angles and distances to see if its the same

Hylton 08-09-2009 04:02 PM

The problem is that the optical tube is not placed correctly. I was playing with it yesterday. If the tube's angle is just a bit off, the light will apear to fade or have a halo appearance.

The solution is to remove the door panel, loosen the screws that hold the optical rod, and turn it slowly until the light is bright and clear. Yes, you will need to ajust it in a dark garage so you can see the light.