Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

zebra 03-20-2011 01:20 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:drool:

PQ 03-20-2011 01:28 AM

I'm exhausted too. Watching yer thread all day just took it out of me.

Congrats brother. :thumbup: I can't wait to see it. Alignment next?

Mr Twisty 03-20-2011 07:47 AM

Bushings timed?

Bet it looks good :popcorn:

Number 3 03-20-2011 08:05 AM

2:18 am ????

Looking forward to the pictures.

Darth_Emma 03-20-2011 09:12 AM

GTAHVIT:
I can't wait to see the pictures, but I'm mostly looking forward to hearing how it drives. Congrats on the new goodies!

themossman 03-20-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2984373)
.... Why am I laughing? looks like I'm gonna have to do mine again. :facepalm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2984462)
So Chris and Company will be turning the nuts on the front endlink by hand and won't read about the fast and easy way until they are done? :sm0: :D :popcorn:

I kept giving Chris a hard time about the neat little ratchet wrenches I used to do mine...

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2984929)
Front sway bar.................. :bellyroll:

That's the story of my modding experience on this car. I could cut the time in half easily to do them again.

I'd be willing to lay a bet on this one :) ...this was the second set of sways I've done and it was no easier the second time. The only 'lesson' I learned is to pause IMMEDIATELY when you get the old one out so you can put 'start' the new one going in EXACTLY the way the old one came out (and don't forget to work it OUT on the passenger side...not the driver side.

I spent all day warning Chris that I would be laughing at him while he was trying to get the front bar out...but when it came time and he was under there trying to remember his geometry classes...I was too tired to give him a hard time. I groaned deeply and got my dumb-ass under the car and did battle with the front sway bar...I managed to do it this time without any blood blisters or scrapped knuckles...

Chris...my only concern is that I found a bolt in my pocket when I got home last night. I'm not sure where it goes...but it has 'cleatus' stamped on the top...

PQ 03-20-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themossman (Post 2986037)
I kept giving Chris a hard time about the neat little ratchet wrenches I used to do mine...

I'd be willing to lay a bet on this one :) ...this was the second set of sways I've done and it was no easier the second time. The only 'lesson' I learned is to pause IMMEDIATELY when you get the old one out so you can put 'start' the new one going in EXACTLY the way the old one came out (and don't forget to work it OUT on the passenger side...not the driver side.

I spent all day warning Chris that I would be laughing at him while he was trying to get the front bar out...but when it came time and he was under there trying to remember his geometry classes...I was too tired to give him a hard time. I groaned deeply and got my dumb-ass under the car and did battle with the front sway bar...I managed to do it this time without any blood blisters or scrapped knuckles...

Chris...my only concern is that I found a bolt in my pocket when I got home last night. I'm not sure where it goes...but it has 'cleatus' stamped on the top...

Thanks for helping him.

I would take that bet on all but the front sway bar. Lol. I was actually staring toward the motor mounts as I laid under the car. :laugh: BUT I might win the bet because if I had to do it again right now, I'd cut the bar coming out.

Geometry classes ............:bellyroll:

GTAHVIT 03-20-2011 11:41 AM

Thanks very much... everyone... sorry we're weren't more interactive yesterday...

There is a lot that you need to have sorted out before you install these.. the inserts are pretty straight forward.. The rear sway isn't bad if your exhaust isn't in the way...

The front sway is a kick in the.... :confused0068: The rear coils are by far the most difficult, if you really know what you are doing and have all the right tools it is a one man job... The hardest part on the front coils are those damn clevis bolts on the knuckles...

Mossman was the key to us getting it done... he got the sway bars sorted out with a little very little help from me... :D

My assessment. you absolutely can do this yourself .... Must have tools... BIG breaker bar. wrenches up to about 24 mm. Six side deep well 1/2 sockets up to 24MM... small to medium vice....

and an impact wrench is a HUGE help... Almost a necessity.

If you've never done it before it's a two man job...

Damn the car sits down nice a low :D

Talk to you guys soon, trying to get it aligned today, we'll see.

GTAHVIT 03-20-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themossman (Post 2986037)

MOSS!!! Dude!!! I owe you HUGE!!!!!! Thanks a ton brother.. getting ready to get the locking nut finished. You think I need to jack the car back up??

:iono:

CMON CLEATUS!!!!!!! LMAO :bellyroll:

SSE 4 2SS 03-20-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2986100)
MOSS!!! Dude!!! I owe you HUGE!!!!!! Thanks a ton brother.. getting ready to get the locking nut finished. You think I need to jack the car back up??

:iono:

CMON CLEATUS!!!!!!! LMAO :bellyroll:

Dudes, five hours for a sway bar... at our pay rate out here thats, +4 carry two,

crap,

a crap-ton of money... I heard it took like ten minutes to install mine... but... the front clip wasn't in the car, and there was no motor on the clip, and....:D

NVM...:bellyroll: i'm glad you got it done with no broken fingers...

PQ 03-20-2011 11:57 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 2986124)
Dudes, five hours for a sway bar... at our pay rate out here thats, +4 carry two,

crap,

a crap-ton of money... I heard it took like ten minutes to install mine... but... the front clip wasn't in the car, and there was no motor on the clip, and....:D

:bellyroll:

:sm0:

:laugh:

Attachment 218528

Attachment 218529

Attachment 218530

themossman 03-20-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 2986124)

crap,

LOL...neither sway bar took four hours...not even two per...it's just a pain. The other 'hard' part is getting access to the mount bolts...another time where I was ribbing Chris reminding him about the cool little ratchet wrenches I have in my garage....

and at my bill rate to customers...well...let's just say you wouldn't want to pay me to install parts on your car!!! lol

PQ 03-20-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themossman (Post 2986212)
LOL...neither sway bar took four hours...not even two per...it's just a pain. The other 'hard' part is getting access to the mount bolts...another time where I was ribbing Chris reminding him about the cool little ratchet wrenches I have in my garage....

and at my bill rate to customers...well...let's just say you wouldn't want to pay me to install parts on your car!!! lol

I changed out the upper controll arms on my sons Jeep Lyberty..... :suicide: SUCKED......

The spindle bolts were pretty fun huh?????

Merc 03-20-2011 12:26 PM

:needpics: :rules: :paddle:

:popcorn::popcorn:

:thumbsup: