Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fabric Dash Trim (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16103)

UCF w00t 03-20-2009 06:38 PM

Fabric Dash Trim

I would REAALLLYYY like an answer to this. So can someone who knows PLEASE respond and provide evidence because I'm sick of all the vauge BS.

On the 2SS and 2LT without the IOM package... what will the dash trim be? A couple of these articles mention the trim as being "fabric dash trim that looks exactly like the material used on countless office cubicle walls and pushpin boards." I can say myself that description is quite accurate. Now the reviewer didn't directly specifify what car they had... but they follow it up with comments about their tester being a 2SS.

So what the hell is it? Are we getting cloth or are we getting acrylic? Yes, this matters to me. If it doesn't matter to you, you can ignore this thread.

TJ91 03-20-2009 06:39 PM

It will be orange with the IOM trim and silver with the regualr 2LT. and 2SS, dont worry, oh and you could also opt for that champainge coloured one

TJ91 03-20-2009 06:39 PM

Acrylic on all 2LTs and 2SSs
And i have to add, it is nice to sit in the ones with the acrylic, very nice. It like moulds around you as well, very nice feel!
P.S it has been covered before with alot of evidence, so dont worry, you will get acrylic when you opt for leather
P.P.S i sat in a 2SS which had the silver acrylic panels,

UCF w00t 03-20-2009 06:41 PM

Not that I don't trust you but I'd like some evidence on a PRODUCTION car or the post of an "official" source (fbod).

I've always thought it would be acrylic so I understand why you'd think the same but this is worrying me. The fabric looks like crap IMO (I see it enough in my cube at work hah).

TJ91 03-20-2009 06:43 PM

I was there on the 16th, i saw it in person, and i saw the other production cars and they had acrylic when they were 2LTs and 2SSs

UCF w00t 03-20-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ91 (Post 351825)
I was there on the 16th, i saw it in person, and i saw the other production cars and they had acrylic when they were 2LTs and 2SSs

Thanks. That makes me feel better. Happen to have any pics? I haven't seen any posted....

RoyalKev 03-20-2009 06:44 PM

I think Hendricks car has the acrylic and I know for a fact he got a 2ss

UCF w00t 03-20-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalKev (Post 351827)
I think Hendricks car has the acrylic and I know for a fact he got a 2ss

It was orange though. In my twisted mind I'm worried that they are putting the cloth that's in the 1SS/1LT on the dash.

camaro5 03-20-2009 06:48 PM

Attention Aftermarket Companies!

We need ip/door trim panels in acrylic, with ABL, and I want mine body color - ABM.

Please post here when they are ready to purchase. Thanks!

Oh, and an adhesive chrome CAMARO badge for the passenger side ip black lake.

x

BabyJ 03-20-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 351829)
It was orange though. In my twisted mind I\'m worried that they are putting the cloth that\'s in the 1SS/1LT on the dash.

I was worried about this as well, especially when I saw Number 3\'s 2SS with cloth dash. But I think they used the cloth on all the CTF cars to cut cost...Or maybe the panels just weren\'t ready yet because of the ABL issues.

TJ91 03-20-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 351829)
It was orange though. In my twisted mind I'm worried that they are putting the cloth that's in the 1SS/1LT on the dash.

I will search for pics of the 2SS we sat in at Oshawa, it had the silver acrlyic panels and ABL, but it was too light out to see it. I will search for you however. I also saw several outside in other parking lots which had the silver trim on it. I didnt get pics of it, sorry, but it has been confirmed by people of Oshawa and other GM workers about the acrylic. BUt if you still want confirmation, pm TOPLS1, his name is George and he was in the news video as well. Hes the one who brought out the Camaros for us to play with.
Hope that helps UCF
But anyways i assure you that you get silver acrylic with 2SS, and 2LT, Orange acrylic with the IOM, champaigne coloured ones with beige (atleast thats whats been said, apparentyl it does change to champaigne coloured) SIlver with the Grey Interior and thats it.

UCF w00t 03-20-2009 07:05 PM

Alrighty. That makes me feel much better. I'd still like pics but I trust that it is how it should be and the reviewers were just mixing their impressions of the 2xx models and 1xx models.

thanks!

mmarcum 03-20-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro5 (Post 351836)

Oh, and an adhesive chrome CAMARO badge for the passenger side ip black lake.

x

I second this highly!!

Mr. Wyndham 03-20-2009 08:33 PM

Just to put ALL your fears to rest, allow my to second this -- the 2LT and 2SS WILL have acrylic panels.