Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   First Car Show-need advice. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304448)

Cincy10SSRS 06-28-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokiNstripes6913 (Post 6726186)
It is nice to walk by and see some owners that have scale models of their cars sitting on top of their engine cover or wherever.

Don't mean to be a Scrooge but when I see those models on the engine or some stuffed animal or a doll hanging on the front fender or something I think it's kind of silly. :fear:

Yendor 06-28-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS (Post 6727525)
Don't mean to be a Scrooge but when I see those models on the engine or some stuffed animal or a doll hanging on the front fender or something I think it's kind of silly. :fear:

I agree, does that make me a bad person?

I bring a clean car and quick detailer and microfiber cloths, chair, maybe a drink and an open mind. I never look to win anything, just check out the other folks cars because I am a car nut, not a trophy hound.

angie7 06-28-2013 01:31 PM

Everyone has given you great advice!! Clean, know your car, and have fun! I do multiple shows every weekend. I'm President of a local car club. I love just hanging out and talking shop!!!

EastWood-SS 06-28-2013 02:07 PM

Cooler + beer.

Iam Broke 06-28-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie7 (Post 6728118)
Everyone has given you great advice!! Clean, know your car, and have fun! I do multiple shows every weekend. I'm President of a local car club. I love just hanging out and talking shop!!!

I need to start doing this.

600hp-lpe 06-28-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

+2

What is the point of a 1/16th scale model under the hood of a show car?

The small scale is not being judged.

Same goes for displaying past trophies won at other car shows. Leave that stuff at home..

but do bring a chair, car cleaning stuff, eats/drinks in a cooler, hat, portable shade (if you have it), and have fun! good place to meet other people that have a common interest in nice cars and taking care of -or- modifying their current vehicle.

If you aren't there to have fun, not much reason to go... IMHO.

Bonanza7 06-28-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usranger80 (Post 6724677)
So I am going to enter in my first car show this weekend, obviously being my first have no idea what to expect. I have no intentions of winning anything but the money goes to a good cause. What do I need to know about car shows, etiquette and all that?

If it is a judged show, I get under it and clean and wax the suspension and floor pan also

Bonanza7 06-28-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

I never understood the stuffed dolls on the bumpers

SmokiNstripes6913 06-28-2013 07:14 PM

I dont care for the dolls and animals myself, but il stand by my model statement. I personally think it adds more personality to that owner. Hey to each his own

OHIOSS 06-28-2013 10:37 PM

I clean my car inside and out and just show up. I see guys that have posters drawn up with info about their car, other's bring their trophies and awards. I don't have a poster board and I leave my awards at home. Surprising how many people show their car with a stuffed animal....I don't get it.

I do think the poster boards are interesting depending on what they have done to their car. I don't know why I always feel like my car is not worthy of being in the show. I play it very "low key" and try not to draw any additional attention to myself.

Russ

JCunningham 06-28-2013 10:47 PM

is the car customized? need pics

beany323 06-29-2013 02:10 PM

there is a reason auto shows have hot babes around their car.

(we'll need pictures)(thanks in advance)

camaro10ss 06-30-2013 04:26 PM

First car show and he took home an award. he knew his vehicle, and fun to be around he deserved it and hope to see him more B)