Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wash/Wax/Detailing and Cosmetic Maintenance Parts (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Adam's Sizzling Summer Sale (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242387)

Adam's Polishes 08-07-2012 01:36 PM

Adam's Sizzling Summer Sale

http://banners.adamspolishes.com/ban...mmer12sale.jpg

15% OFF STOREWIDE + $7.95 FLAT RATE SHIPPING FOR ALL ORDERS WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL U.S.!

USE THE CODE SUMMER12 AT CHECKOUT.

NO MINIMUM ORDER REQUIRED & NO RESTRICTIONS ON KITS, TOOLS, OR ACCESSORIES.

OFFER ENDS 8/14/12 @ 11:59pm PST

Don't forget to check out our NEW Instructional Videos!

http://banners.adamspolishes.com/banners/vol8videos.jpg

AntzV 08-07-2012 02:04 PM

Aww man, just placed an order this morning :(, guess I'll have to put in another order on payday

Adam's Polishes 08-08-2012 12:28 PM

If the order hasn't shipped yet call into customer service (866)965-0400 and have them adjust the order for you.

AntzV 08-08-2012 12:42 PM

Lol its already been delivered :thumbup:

Adam's Polishes 08-08-2012 12:52 PM

HA... well... theres the benefit of only being a few cities away from the HQ. :D

Haole 08-08-2012 04:41 PM

So as usual no reduced shipping to Hawaii?

Yellow Camaro 08-09-2012 11:18 PM

Just took advantage! Got some refill gallons of the basics, and excited to try Glass Sealant, In and Out, and the glass Microfibers for the first time!!

Adam's Polishes 08-12-2012 03:16 PM

Thanks for your business. If you have any questions please let me know.

Lil' Nasty 08-12-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellow Camaro (Post 5420563)
Just took advantage! Got some refill gallons of the basics, and excited to try Glass Sealant, In and Out, and the glass Microfibers for the first time!!

Cant speak for the In and Out, but As far as the Glass sealant and microfibers...Top notch. Not only for my car but all 6 of my cars i detail in my family, I've been told "The windshield wipers are almost unnecessary!" And the towels are the softest and get the job done. I cannot wait to get my new batch of Adams:happyanim:

Yellow Camaro 08-12-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franklin's Bee (Post 5430929)
Cant speak for the In and Out, but As far as the Glass sealant and microfibers...Top notch. Not only for my car but all 6 of my cars i detail in my family, I've been told "The windshield wipers are almost unnecessary!" And the towels are the softest and get the job done. I cannot wait to get my new batch of Adams:happyanim:

I still have a hard time stomaching the microfiber prices, mainly because I go through SO many of them I like to have a dozen or more. I tried one waffle towel once and they got me...it just works so well with the waterless wash. So I keep 3-4 of them. I had to try the glass specific ones this time just because I've been battling a lot of streaks, etc. I'm optimistic these will be great. I also tried one of their regular $8.95 white all purpose ones. I've been using AutoZone spa towels which are like $6 for a 4 pack...but I think I'm just going to add an Adam's towel to my order everytime and slowly amass a few.

I use one for leather cleaner, one for leather conditioner, one for dash/interior cleaning, one for dash protectant/gloss, one for glass, one for detail spray, one for detailing the wheels after washing, one to apply polish to my VentureShield, etc. And I like extras. It stings that the Adam's are $8.95....I wish they had a bulk deal on like 20 of them, lol.

Lil' Nasty 08-12-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellow Camaro (Post 5432011)
I still have a hard time stomaching the microfiber prices, mainly because I go through SO many of them I like to have a dozen or more. I tried one waffle towel once and they got me...it just works so well with the waterless wash. So I keep 3-4 of them. I had to try the glass specific ones this time just because I've been battling a lot of streaks, etc. I'm optimistic these will be great. I also tried one of their regular $8.95 white all purpose ones. I've been using AutoZone spa towels which are like $6 for a 4 pack...but I think I'm just going to add an Adam's towel to my order everytime and slowly amass a few.

I use one for leather cleaner, one for leather conditioner, one for dash/interior cleaning, one for dash protectant/gloss, one for glass, one for detail spray, one for detailing the wheels after washing, one to apply polish to my VentureShield, etc. And I like extras. It stings that the Adam's are $8.95....I wish they had a bulk deal on like 20 of them, lol.

Going through "SO many" of them qualify as, for a specific part of the car? If so, for cleaning the leather and interior of your car, learn from me. I used my waterless wash towel (which works great and cleaned it very well) but after presoaking the towel and properly cleaning it, it still had a bunch of dirt left. So if i started using waterless wash on my vehicles, i have a smaller area of the towel to work with to avoid potential swirls
So i would advise (Dylan correct me if I'm wrong) using one Edgeless Utility towel for cleaning the leather and interior (plastics and all too) and then following up with the conditioner with the leather and conditioner pad. That in my opinion should save you three towels and prolong those towels longevity (even though mine have lasted perfectly).

Now to streaking and auto zone towels...Just from one detailer to another its all about elbow grease and the right technique. A little detail behind that is that i work for a detailing company in town and they "don't believe in high quality products" such as adams which is fine and their entitled opinion. I was taught their that water and a auto zone towel (which is what they use) is what to clean the interior/exterior windows with and actually works pretty well, but with the right amount of elbow grease. Ask me how i know:facepalm::laugh:

Now i agree the towels may be a little pricey but imo you get what you pay for honestly. Also the towels from auto zone and adams are obviously not made from the same material. I think and can't say for sure but the towels from auto zone are like 80% polyester and 20% something else, Now in my head that doesn't count as true microfiber and the thought of quality then just makes me laugh. If i can make another suggestion, it would be to look at the new instructional detailing videos http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos.aspx
because they're main car that they're detailing is purrrrty nice:D And the fact that thearame basically spoon fooding you so to speak with every possible detail on detailing our car makes it that much easier for us to learn and better out detailing skills.
So as long as this post is i hope its helpful:thumbsup: